: throttle body problem

ltorrance
08-26-11, 03:50 PM
06` sts north star @ 53,000 miles - dealer diagnosed my check engine light as throttle position sensor, left & right bank lean. Is the throttle position sensor something a novice can replace ? Is there any cure for the right & left bank lean problem that I can do for myself. Should I give it up to the dealer ? any help appreciated, thanks

Melody Burkhead
08-26-11, 04:03 PM
good luck.....we were having the same codes with the same results from our dealer. We replaced the parts, only to be told it involved more sensors, which were replaced. Now they tell us it is actually the catalyctic converters that are bad. There should be some recourse for this. Our car was wrecked and rebuilt, so they are giving us the run-around on the warranty coverage for the converters. If your car has a good title, you may be in better shape that I am at this point.

Angus Young
08-27-11, 10:29 AM
The Cats are covered under warranty until 200k I believe, my 05 has 150k and had them replaced under warrenty about 4 months ago
Everyone who owns a Caddy needs to have a code scanner, I own 2 Caddys and its a new issue every day, I owned a Lincoln with 356,000 miles original cats and never opened the hood kept for oil changes and battery replacements and (1) serpentine belt : )

dkozloski
08-27-11, 03:19 PM
The Cats are covered under warranty until 200k I believe, my 05 has 150k and had them replaced under warrenty about 4 months ago
Everyone who owns a Caddy needs to have a code scanner, I own 2 Caddys and its a new issue every day, I owned a Lincoln with 356,000 miles original cats and never opened the hood kept for oil changes and battery replacements and (1) serpentine belt : )
Her car has a salvage title so all warranties are void.

BaTu
08-28-11, 10:16 AM
Check the Plenum bolts to be sure they're tight first.... (THAT's easy enough for anybody to do ;) )

LEGACY_GN
08-20-12, 09:16 PM
06` sts north star @ 53,000 miles - dealer diagnosed my check engine light as throttle position sensor, left & right bank lean. Is the throttle position sensor something a novice can replace ? Is there any cure for the right & left bank lean problem that I can do for myself. Should I give it up to the dealer ? any help appreciated, thanks

Did you car die under acceleration and say reduced engine power or "throttle problem"? I have replaced the throttle body, pedal and mass air sensor and it's still doing it.

EChas3
08-20-12, 11:22 PM
The fuel filter is cheap.

LEGACY_GN
08-20-12, 11:24 PM
The fuel filter is cheap.

Yeah, I actually have one in the car, just thought that couldn't be it as it's intermittant. Maybe I'll replace it tomorrow.

EChas3
08-21-12, 08:34 PM
There is a special tool. I read here that it's in front of the right-rear tire & inboard.