: I may have a problem...

08-26-11, 02:22 PM
After putting my foot down with the local dealer on colors and options, he was able to locate the one and only 2011 Vagon left in the U.S. "At a dealer near Boston" with what I wanted on it. The deal was made, documents were filled out and signed, and a check was cut.

This was last Saturday, the 20th of August. They told me 7-10 days for shipping and delivery. Yesterday, I call to inquire and they tell me, "It'll ship tomorrow, and I'll know more next Monday. I should have told you 10-14 days, sorry."

Okay, I can live with that...

My fear is Hurricane Irene. Folks are trying evacuate, and I'm sure the dealer in Boston has bigger concerns right now than getting my car shipped.

For those that live back there, I sincerely hope all of you weather this storm without damage and drama.

Keep your fingers crossed for me that my car makes the truck, and doesn't get blown off the car hauler on it's trip west...

08-26-11, 04:12 PM
If they get it on truck today or tomorrow and start heading west ur good, forecast for MA is Sunday.

08-26-11, 10:26 PM
I hope it gets outta town quick. I've seem first hand what a hurricane does to cars....not good at all. I hope it works out.

08-27-11, 03:55 AM
Want me to get it for you and store it?

08-27-11, 11:48 AM
The truck didn't make it. No shippy til Monday, sure hope it's parked inside...

08-27-11, 02:54 PM
Damn, that sucks :(

08-27-11, 07:01 PM
I wouldn't worry too much. The storm is going well west and the winds won't be crazy. None of the dealers in the area have large trees nearby so I doubt there will be any damage...