: Brake recall

Cal.p
08-25-11, 11:50 AM
Hi

I'd like to know why I, a Scottish Cadillac owner, am treated so shabbily by the company?

Having received a safety recall about brakes I contacted the European customer services, to be told that unless I'm prepared to drive over 250 miles to my nearest dealership, no remedial work will be carried out to resolve the brake issue. Do Cadillac and GM have no faith in there other group dealerships to carry out work locally and liaise with Cadillac.

I'm not responsible for Cadillac's failure to penetrate the UK market.

I along with many other owners in Scotland feel cheated by the lack of customer care we have received, although I would praise the dealership Bauer Millet for their understanding and the European Importers for their concern that their hands are tied in respect of this issue.

Great sales technique Cadillac! This is bound to impress potential owners!

My apologies to other owners for my sarcasm. I've kept it to a minimum considering how annoyed and frustrated I am.

Cal

JimmyH
08-25-11, 01:05 PM
What kind of car?

Cal.p
08-25-11, 01:30 PM
Hi Jimmy
It's a CTS. The problem is the front brake hoses, not a big deal, but my service history won't show that the Cadillac recall has been checked if I don't drive the 10 hour plus round trip to the nearest dealer for them to carry out the work.

Cal

JimmyH
08-25-11, 03:21 PM
You might need to post the year and the vin for Cadillac Customer Svc to check for you.

Cal.p
08-26-11, 03:16 PM
In the hopes that Cadillac's customer care take notice of the difficult situation some British owners find themselves in regarding recall 09149 and my own problem, my car is a 2005 Vin number: 1G6DR56T050227544.

This is an issue dealt with over a year ago in the USA and I gather you guys got the option to send receipts for work carried out.