: life of a HID

ThumperPup
08-25-11, 10:50 AM
ok so im just curiouse i know i used to have to change my OEM bulbs on any car like every 3 or 4 years
how long should a HID bulb last do they have a long life span or should they be changed out every 2 or 3 or 3 or 4 or 5 or 6 how many years should i exspect them to do what they are supposed to

SharpHID
08-25-11, 01:57 PM
Hey,
They are rated for 5000 hours. I have many customers who have been using them 5+ years without issues. On some we see them fail earlier in life. Part of the issue is that the vehicle can often kill components of the kits as they were never designed from the factory for them. Most of the time it isn't an issue but occasionally we see components fail earlier in life. I wouldn't replace them for the sake of replacing them unless you want a different color etc.

Regards
John

ThumperPup
08-26-11, 03:49 PM
ok cool thanks
the reasoni asked is caused i am thinking of just buying a replacment set of bulb to have in the garage for when these do go don't want to have to order and wait 2 weeks for replacments to come or anything i know the bulbs have a lifetime warranty but still that means i have to send them in then wait for them to be returned wich is kind of a pain in the tail to wait

SharpHID
08-26-11, 04:54 PM
Keep in mind the ballasts can also go bad, not just the bulbs. The cheaper alternative is to just keep your original halogen bulbs handy.

John