: Anyone bumping the rev limiter in competition mode (auto)?

cruiser68
08-24-11, 10:31 PM
My 2011 Auto bumps the rev limiter when the trans is in competition mode. Doesn't do it in touring mode. Haven't paid attention to the tach when it happens but I think it is reving out 2nd or 3rd. Cuts out just for a fraction of a second before it shifts. Seems to happen every time I hammer off a particular off-ramp. I could likely duplicate it and try to pay more attention to the dash but damn this thing gets fast quick :)

I'm having it tuned after some headers and I'm sure they can fix it. Just curious if anybody with an auto experiences this?

cbloveday
08-24-11, 11:15 PM
I have heard of a 3-4 shift where the limiter bumps. It can be tuned out by reducing the rpm or speed shift point.

JOEYCTS-V
08-24-11, 11:58 PM
My car hit the limiter on the 3-4 shift when it was stock. A tune will take care of it like cbloveday stated above.

baabootoo
08-25-11, 12:28 AM
Are we talking with the transmission in Normal, or Sport mode? How is the Stabilitrak set? Mine does some weird things when the trans is in Sport Mode, and all Stabilitrak controls all on (NON-Competitive Mode). I then put the trans in Sport Mode, and the Stabilitrak in Competitive Mode, and all was well then.

cbloveday
08-25-11, 07:29 AM
Mine only occurred in sport mode, with nitrous, and at the track. Stabilitrak was off. Also, it was intermittant.

6speeder
08-25-11, 10:08 AM
Mine does it in sport mode on the 3-4shift. I had W4M adjust tune to shift 200 rpm lower, still does it. Jesse said the only other thing to do is increase line pressure, which can shorten the trans life. I just shift it myself, hitting the paddle at 5,500 0r 5,600.

CrystalRed11
08-25-11, 10:36 AM
If I have the trans in sport mode and have either TC off or comp mode on from a dead stop if the wheels spin too much it hits the limiter and never comes out of first.

JOEYCTS-V
08-25-11, 01:22 PM
If I have the trans in sport mode and have either TC off or comp mode on from a dead stop if the wheels spin too much it hits the limiter and never comes out of first.

That happened to me on my first run at the track. The car was stock with a CAI.

baabootoo
08-25-11, 02:07 PM

A couple weeks ago, mine shifted into 2nd both times I punched it. The trans was in Sport Mode, and the TC in Competiton Mode.

Rock1
08-25-11, 04:03 PM
It has to do with shift points AND MPH/RPM. The shift tables and rpm tables have to match up if not or there is a difference you will get the sticking you are talking about. Now how this relates to the new tranny that is in the car well I cant answer that one as I have not downloaded the stock tune from the V to view it and see the particulars. But Im willing to bet there is a variance in the above stated tables.

cruiser68
08-25-11, 11:50 PM
Mine happens with the trans in sport mode and nothing else change (so TC and stabilitrack on). No wheelspin whatsoever. I come out of a 90 degree turn to two lanes and hammer it while I pass. Cuts out just before shifting 3-4 I THINK and it feels like about 85-90 mph but that's a guess as I have yet to look at the dash when it occurs. Freaked me out the first time it happened. Now I almost expect it. Car is stock right now.

Funny thing though, it never did it when I was on the track for 1.5 hours and I was on it. It was in full trans sport mode, suspension competition mode and TC and stabilitrack off. Maybe it has to do with stabilitrack.

I have efilive so I may do some logging to see what is happening then maybe tweak it a bit.

CrystalRed11
08-26-11, 09:47 PM
Just today:

Comp mode, sport mode, 3-4 shift and banged the limiter twice
Only sport mode, 3-4 shift and no problems