: Look what I just got in the mail

rand49er
08-24-11, 05:46 PM
Not sure how well this'll show up here, but basically this dealership wants to buy my V.

http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr189/rand49er/DSC_0611.jpg

rand49er
08-24-11, 06:03 PM
You know, on second reading, this isn't for just CTS-Vs ... this is for ANY friggin' Cadillac, they just plopped CTS-V in there because that's what their records show for me.

This is a silly, every-day sales come on. They're just trying to drum up business and get rid of their 2011 stock of cars.

Dang! I've been hoodswaggled into putting that stupid letter on line!

Sometimes I think I was born yesterday. :bomb:

heavymetals
08-24-11, 06:10 PM
What happens is when you get old you forget to put on your glasses.

Don't ask.........

rand49er
08-24-11, 06:13 PM
Heavy, if you wanna delete this thread, it'd be okay with me. I'm sorry I suckered into it!

cvettr/cts-v
08-24-11, 06:23 PM
I think it is funny that a Cadillac dealer capitalized the C and the V not all letters as it appears on all CTS-V's and even Cadillac's website. Stupid thing to notice i know but it looks so weird that way. One thing is true it does seem that prices for fine examples are staying up there and yours is definately one of those fine examples even without the maggie.

JimmyH
08-24-11, 06:58 PM
You know, don't laugh. I got one of those form letters in the mail proclaiming they would give me top dollar etc etc. Not only did they give me a great price on my trade they knocked a ton off the new car.

ahahnu
08-24-11, 07:00 PM
Do it Do it.

bjv
08-24-11, 07:11 PM
This is a silly, every-day sales come on. They're just trying to drum up business and get rid of their 2011 stock of cars.

I noticed a radio advertisement a few days ago from one of our local dealers. They were asking for used cars to buy outright, not to trade in. I wondered if the used car market was real good right now, IOW people need cars but can't afford to buy new ones so they buy used ones.

shadybx7
08-25-11, 12:40 AM
nice title, this thread needs this:

http://www.wheeldude.com/gallery2/d/122020-3/LC_855_19x8_5_5x120_flatblack_JPG7.jpg

thebigjimsho
08-25-11, 01:39 AM
Every dealer does these stupid "promotions". You never get fair market value and the whole premise is to get you into a new car. They will play all sorts of games to make their money.

When I was trying to line up monies and financing to get my '04 V, the Honda dealer I bought my Accord from had one of these promotions. The dealer who knew the car, who serviced it, offered me a lowball $10,800 for my 3.5 year old car with 41k miles and an original sticker of $22,5K. My Caddy dealer got me the best financing rate and gave me more money on trade-in for the Accord than that stupid dealer...

Aurora40
08-25-11, 08:55 AM
The way you can tell it's a gimmick is right in the middle where it says in bold "This is not a gimmick". :)

Aurora40
08-25-11, 08:59 AM
I noticed a radio advertisement a few days ago from one of our local dealers. They were asking for used cars to buy outright, not to trade in. I wondered if the used car market was real good right now, IOW people need cars but can't afford to buy new ones so they buy used ones.

I think they say that because then you think it's more likely to be real. Most people don't have a "spare" car laying around they don't need anymore. You sell yours, you'll need another one, whether it's a new car from them or a used car off their lot. It gets you to the dealership, which is about 99% of the point of their marketing.

rand49er
08-25-11, 10:32 AM
Do it Do it.If the ATS-V was out now, I'd be down there pronto.

nice title, this thread needs this:

http://www.wheeldude.com/gallery2/d/122020-3/LC_855_19x8_5_5x120_flatblack_JPG7.jpgNow, that was just plain mean. :nono:

lollygagger8
08-25-11, 11:11 AM
Sell me your Maggie before you get rid of the V Randy! ;)

I got one of those letters when I had an old 79 3/4 ton pickup with the dual side mounted gastanks. They wanted to buy it back because they blew up if they got T-boned. Good thing I got rid of that death trap! lolz

Aren't those rims those new 5 lug wishware pizza cutter ones?

Wait....wut?

shadybx7
08-25-11, 12:26 PM
Now, that was just plain mean. :nono:
you deserve it for tricking me into clicking on the thread expecting your :v: with those pizza cutters on it

wait... wut?

JimmyH
08-25-11, 01:10 PM
Every dealer does these stupid "promotions". You never get fair market value and the whole premise is to get you into a new car. They will play all sorts of games to make their money.

That's probably true in most cases. In mine, based on fair market value of my trade, I bought a $38500 car for $31500 out the door.

JD03Cobra
08-25-11, 03:04 PM
I thought for sure I was gonna see new wheels! I too service at the same dealer, wouldn't be surprised if I get the letter.