: Truck messed up

bigman30685
10-24-04, 03:13 AM
Ok i have a 2002 escalade. I just used the 12 x 6 trailer today. Not as hard as i thought i would be to haul but anyways. I dropped the trailer off and I back into my driveway. Well usually when i am in drive and heading up the driveway in my truck the truck does not roll back when i slow down. Get me?? well when i am backing into my drive way in reverse, when i slow down it does not roll forward it just stays still. But today i did reverse into my driveway without the trailer and when the truck slowed down IT ROLLED FORWARD!!!:eek: WHAT HAPPENED!!?? is that bad??? and also when i steer left or right i heard like loud noises coming from the engine??? that trailer had to of messed up my truck. any feedback will be APPRECIATED. :crying2:

hcvone
10-24-04, 10:00 AM
Don't know what would have caused that, I have towed a boat twice, once from Lake George about a 5 hour trip and them to the Jersey shore about a 2 hour trip, the boat and trailer were about 6000 lbs and the truck never acted any different afterwards. :confused:

Bear
10-24-04, 12:57 PM
Sounds like it might be low on tran. fluid. I would be suprised that a 2002 would have this problem (you normally don't loose fluid unless something is physically damaged on something this new), did the trans temp gauge read high (does the 2002 have the gauge?)

Bear

bigman30685
10-24-04, 07:27 PM
The car does have a trans temp guage and nothing was unusual. should i check the trans fluid?? if it is low what do i need to do?? sorry im 19 ive never encountered a problem like this before.

notinblue
10-24-04, 11:41 PM
Well the load noise while steering right and leaft, if it sounds like a wining noise is very likely low power steering fluid. As far as the truck rolling forward or backward on a steep grade, well this is normal, most vehicles do this. ;)

bigman30685
10-25-04, 03:30 AM
i have had 3 brand new cars in the last year. this one is the 4th and for the first three it has NEVER happened. its not even a steep grade, its my driveway!?

T_Dogg8
10-25-04, 09:22 AM
i've had a few gm cars and they all have drifted forward on a steep driveway. more likely in reverse than drive.

bigman30685
10-25-04, 01:15 PM
i just called the dealership, the guys are a bunch of jerks. i have bought two cars from the same dealer group and they still treat me like crap. they talk to me like im stupid.

Harrison256
10-25-04, 01:25 PM
explain? whatd they say

bigman30685
10-25-04, 02:27 PM
First it takes like 10 minutes to talk to a service guy, then i asked him if i could make an appointment. he says ok, and asks what they problem is. i tell him about the rolling issue, he says "ok, whatever." what is that!?!? then i tell him that my steering is making noise when i turn. he then asks "how do you treat your car?? do you treat it like crap??" i asked to speak to someone else. The manager got on the phone and i asked him why that man was being rude to me. he offered a free oil change and a tire rotation to make up for it. I just don't understand people sometimes.

Bots12
10-25-04, 02:36 PM
It is because you are 19, it is just like the cops pulling you over because you are driving an Escalade. You can deal with this in 2 ways, go down to the dealer and talk to them face to face but do not accept bullshit answers like that or have your father, guardian call. It sucks to hear but thet is how some people are. Sorry to hear about your troubles.
Matt

notinblue
10-25-04, 06:03 PM
Actually you would be surprised how they will jump if you just go straight to the sales manager that handled the sale of your vehicle. The thing to remember is just not to lose your cool, cause its a sign of immaturaty at your age. :rant2:

hcvone
10-25-04, 06:17 PM
On a steep enough grade any automatic transmission car will roll back, unless you just started it and it's in the "start up or chock cycle". :)