: Intro and some questions

BKC6
08-24-11, 11:15 AM
Hello all , just picked up a new red V coupe with the recaros in six speed. Great car. Used to have an 05 CTS-V and 06 XLR-V and this car is head and shoulders superior to the old ones.

Few questions - Ive been browsing the forum and see that "wheel clicking" is an issue for some cars. My car started doing it about five minutes after pulling out of the dealership (wonderful). Is there any clear answer why its happening and what the fix is ?

Also, how is Cadillac about the warranty and modifactions. I'm coming out of two modified Vettes and Chevy has really tightened up the limits of how much you can modify a car before they start denying claims. Im assuming Caddy has become the same way? This car could really use another 100 HP.

Finally - Does this car really not have the same "launch control" that the Camaros and Vettes have ? WTF.... can it be programed in ?

Thanks for the info...:alchi:

kirbyCTSV
08-24-11, 11:46 AM
manual tranny doesnt have the launch control...i know sucks...not sure about the wheel clicking. as far as warranty this will vary dealer to dealer. Mine basically said bolt-on mods are fine...he even went on to say unless i see meth or nitrous running thru it i dont care. But its a risk and depends on the kind of warranty claim you making. Id would drive it for 5k or so and make sure nothing wrong then look into a pulley/intake/tune. Enjoy the car!

CTSVKINGWAGON
08-24-11, 11:47 AM
The wheel clicking can be fixed by taking it back to the dealer, although some have varying rates of success.

Adding a 100+ hp will definitely void your warranty.

BKC6
08-24-11, 11:56 AM
manual tranny doesnt have the launch control...i know sucks...not sure about the wheel clicking. as far as warranty this will vary dealer to dealer. Mine basically said bolt-on mods are fine...he even went on to say unless i see meth or nitrous running thru it i dont care. But its a risk and depends on the kind of warranty claim you making. Id would drive it for 5k or so and make sure nothing wrong then look into a pulley/intake/tune. Enjoy the car!

Thanks - Is there something specific I should be looking for to break in the first 5k miles ? ( God I love GM BS, but I'm the idiot that keeps coming back for more)

e6t
08-24-11, 11:56 AM
manny launch control:

1. less gas
2. more clutch

ywia

kirbyCTSV
08-24-11, 12:00 PM
Thanks - Is there something specific I should be looking for to break in the first 5k miles ? ( God I love GM BS, but I'm the idiot that keeps coming back for more)

no not really...just that if u want to throw the warranty out the window...i would just drive it stock for a bit and make sure nothing goes wrong...easier to get things fixed at dealership when stock. But quite a few members here have modded theirs with little miles on it so its fine.

BKC6
08-24-11, 12:29 PM
no not really...just that if u want to throw the warranty out the window...i would just drive it stock for a bit and make sure nothing goes wrong...easier to get things fixed at dealership when stock. But quite a few members here have modded theirs with little miles on it so its fine.

Got it, thanks.

BKC6
08-24-11, 12:31 PM
manny launch control:

1. less gas
2. more clutch

ywia

Have done plenty of unsuccesful 1/4 racing, know the drill. Still would have been a cool feture to have considering its on a 30k Camaro ..

Tuna
08-24-11, 01:10 PM
Finally - Does this car really not have the same "launch control" that the Camaros and Vettes have ? WTF.... can it be programed in ?

Yea, really stupid. I guess the computer geeks over in the Chevy side aren't talking to the computer geeks in Cadillac.
Maybe GM will offer a reprogram at some point in the future to address this.

aj660
08-24-11, 01:22 PM
Also, how is Cadillac about the warranty and modifactions. I'm coming out of two modified Vettes and Chevy has really tightened up the limits of how much you can modify a car before they start denying claims. Im assuming Caddy has become the same way? This car could really use another 100 HP.

Thanks for the info...:alchi:

Congratulations on the new V. I agree 100% that your stock V needs at least an extra 100rwhp. I personally think 600-650rwhp is the perfect amount of power. If the car was 500lbs lighter, then 500-550rwhp would be sufficient.

As mentioned above, most dealers will be okay with pulleys, headers, exhaust, etc... I personally cared more about being happy driving the car (I didn't like it stock), so I didn't worry about my warranty when I decided to mod.

JimmyH
08-24-11, 02:01 PM
Have done plenty of unsuccesful 1/4 racing, know the drill. Still would have been a cool feture to have considering its on a 30k Camaro ..

The guys with 30k Camaros get better ETs without it.

Lord Cadillac
08-24-11, 04:06 PM
JUST SAYING but the guys with twin turbo 335i's can buy cheap tunes that come with launch control. Do we really have no tuners for V-Series vehicles that can do this?

undertaker
08-24-11, 04:34 PM

thats an understatement buddy...

EricVonHa
08-24-11, 04:40 PM

Hey there.. long time no hear. Did you pick up one of the V's ?

BKC6
08-24-11, 05:06 PM

Damn internet stalkers ... whats up Steve ... member since 03 huh ?

undertaker
08-24-11, 05:07 PM
Hey there.. long time no hear. Did you pick up one of the V's ?

uhm.....went to one dealer today, the black diamond sedan listed was there but sold, have calls in at another dealer with one in stock and another that claims he can get one no problem. Just having fun trying to work rebates, cc money,cash back, employee discounts, and 0% into some evil scheme having me leave the floor for as little as possible.
(currently at 64,600 on a high 71 sticker before taxes/tags)

Of course I purposely didn't test drive the car to maintain some self control.

That just went out the window since I got off the phone with BKC6 since we know each other from the vette crowd and I'm meeting him at his office to test out his new ride, and probably have me signing and driving tommorrow

undertaker
08-24-11, 05:08 PM
told you, way back when I thought of trading the Z in on a V1, but didn't.

Now I'm stupid enough to keep one of the vettes and do a V2

EricVonHa
08-24-11, 05:49 PM
You won't be disappointed. It'll do everything the Vette can do and more (with 1000lbs more). 4-5 other passengers means you can take the party with you rather than just show up.

stabie
08-24-11, 07:04 PM
There is nothing stupid about having a vette and a vagon. I thought about either a sedan or coupe when I traded my 08 CTS, but the vagon is just much more practical.

undertaker
08-24-11, 09:06 PM
There is nothing stupid about having a vette and a vagon. I thought about either a sedan or coupe when I traded my 08 CTS, but the vagon is just much more practical.

well I do have a 2500 suburban for the occasions that need space.......and vagons are beyond rare right now as 11's in inventory.

Of course after driving Josh's car just now, I'm thinking a manual might be a smarter thing.......which only adds to the difficulty of my search, its hard enough finding an auto black diamond sedan, manual makes it worse, wagon I'm thinking near impossible.

Hell we didn't get past 70-80 but its amazing how smooth and effortless the power is compared to a vette (which I've been doing for the past 8 years from 400-900 hp, turbo, blown and NA...) You don't have a clue how fast you're going till you look down. And boy does the V just love to hang the ass out around corners.....