: 2012 delivery timeline

raysrx
08-23-11, 11:32 PM
Ordered a 2012 today and looking for info on times lines from dealer order, build date, to delivery.

I had to order to get my colors, the dealer, who had a allocation, advised from 6 to 10 weeks and now the wait.
Thanks for any feedback from you guys that are in the order process now.
I am new to this forum so Hey from south Florida .

2012SRX
08-24-11, 07:38 AM
i ordered a silver/titanium 2012 premium w/spare tire option on 7/18 at a good No Texas dealer. Order number was provided by the dealer on 7/19. Build date was to be week of 8/8, as was told on 7/25 by email from dealer. Car was completed (in "Ramos"...WSW of Monterrey, MX) on 8/5. Got the invoice from the dealer on 8/11 indicating a delivery est on 8/18. Car left on a rail car on 8/20 and arrived Mesquite, TX, and was off-loaded at 1:20 pm on 8/18. Was delivered to dealer by Jack Cooper Trucking at 11AM on 8/19, and took delivery at 5PM, after seeing it at 2:30PM that day. This may be a record for fastest "order-to-delivery" but the factory is only 600 miles from No Texas. Sewell Cadillac in Grapevine is a superior dealer, and is great getting sold orders through the system. Hope this helps you understand the process. Tom

Marc NY
08-24-11, 07:48 AM
That is quick! :thumbsup: BTW: Lets see some pics! :D

raysrx
08-24-11, 11:48 AM
Thanks Tom, talk about a detailed timeline, like reading from the pages of Natl Geo!:thumbsup:
Excellent turnaround time, less than 5 weeks! Great information on the process. I ordered a car last year, built in Michigan, and had the sticker/invoice on line after 5 weeks and took delivery after 8 weeks. I can not wait to make a road trip when she arrives.
BTW Lived in Carrollton for short time so familiar with the towns, so how did you get that login?
Ray

PJ1520
08-24-11, 12:34 PM
No more sleepless nights. Christmas in August!!!! :yup:

PJ

stevec5375
08-24-11, 03:11 PM
i ordered a silver/titanium 2012 premium w/spare tire option on 7/18 at a good No Texas dealer. Order number was provided by the dealer on 7/19. Build date was to be week of 8/8, as was told on 7/25 by email from dealer. Car was completed (in "Ramos"...WSW of Monterrey, MX) on 8/5. Got the invoice from the dealer on 8/11 indicating a delivery est on 8/18. Car left on a rail car on 8/20 and arrived Mesquite, TX, and was off-loaded at 1:20 pm on 8/18. Was delivered to dealer by Jack Cooper Trucking at 11AM on 8/19, and took delivery at 5PM, after seeing it at 2:30PM that day. This may be a record for fastest "order-to-delivery" but the factory is only 600 miles from No Texas. Sewell Cadillac in Grapevine is a superior dealer, and is great getting sold orders through the system. Hope this helps you understand the process. Tom

Better get Rick Perry to come out and lay his hands on it and bless it. He's got a direct line to heaven, you know. ;)

raysrx
09-08-11, 12:43 PM
Update on my 2012 Black ice: GM tracking shows order in system: Status 09/07/2011 - Vehicle has been entered into the system and will be updated the following business day in most cases.
Dealer advised another 2012 ordered Aug. 2 was delivered Sept.2 here in Fort Lauderdale, less than 5 weeks:D

Marc NY
09-08-11, 12:47 PM
WOW! In five weeks... that is F.A.S.T.! :thumbsup:

rchern
09-08-11, 05:58 PM
I ordered a 2012 CTS Coupe on 8/12 and was told it would be built the week of 9/5 so at the end of this week it will be 4 weeks. i was told the wait time would be 6-8 weeks so I'm halfway into it. One thing the salesman told me is that their orders go in on Saturday so it doesn't make a difference if you order the car on Monday or Friday, his order goes in the same day. So, that could add a week right there. Then there was a problem with some of the paint (I think the metallics) because it came from a plant in Japan which was affected by the earthquake. That slowdown supposedly is over with. Right now I'm halfway there if it takes 8 weeks. Another thing, suppose the car comes in on Sept. 30. Should I wait until October to take delivery in case there is some type of incentive starting in October? I wish I had a timeline like you got. Hate waiting. In any case good luck on your new car and enjoy.

Marc NY
09-08-11, 09:05 PM
... One thing the salesman told me is that their orders go in on Saturday so it doesn't make a difference if you order the car on Monday or Friday, his order goes in the same day. ... Another thing, suppose the car comes in on Sept. 30. Should I wait until October to take delivery in case there is some type of incentive starting in October? I wish I had a timeline like you got. Hate waiting. In any case good luck on your new car and enjoy.Orders can go in at different times based on the dealers normal ordering cycle. Dealers in our area will traditionally place their orders every Tue. Mine was placed on a Wednesday, reason I know this is because I called the manager on a Wednesday morning because my salesman was off of work that week and I told the manager that I needed my SRX order number ASAP. Shortly after my call the manager called me back to give me my order number.

If your SRX came in on Sept. 30th I would highly doubt that you would be able to pick up your SRX on that day. Normally It takes at least a couple of days to get the vehicle in for prep and have the necessary paper work completed. As far as incentives goes I truly believe there will be none for the 2012 SRXs in October.

duke11
09-08-11, 11:39 PM
Marc, I ordered my 2012 SRX Premium on August 15th. If I get my order number from the dealer, what GM website should I access to check the building progress of the vehicle. Also did you run into any warranty issues from painting the undercarriage of your 2012 SRX.

Marc NY
09-09-11, 08:12 AM
... If I get my order number from the dealer, what GM website should I access to check the building progress of the vehicle. Also did you run into any warranty issues from painting the undercarriage of your 2012 SRX.To be honest with you when I need to know when one of my vehicles is going to be built and or shipped I will contact one of my GM friends who will connect me to another contact person from that particular GM division who then is able to give me my vehicle updates. I haven't looked for a GM website that I or someone outside GM can actually look up there vehicle's build/ ship schedules. I can certainly ask to see if there is one out there. Your dealer is still the best place for you to get your updates. Contact your salesperson and politely ask her/ him to please look up your status for you. :)

As far as warranty issues I have not heard back saying there were any issues ... FYI: GM has painted some of their mufflers before as one dealer contact person stated in my other thread "Fug Ugly to Beautiful in 15 min or less". One Chevy dealer locally has been painting some brand new Camaro mufflers without stating to the new owners that it would void their GM manufacturer's warranty. So as far as I know there are not any warranty issues with painting one's muffler(s).

rchern
09-13-11, 10:48 PM
My dealer told me that the CTS I ordered was built on Sept.6. It has a VIN number so I think that means that it's complete. The only info he offered on arrival time was that he thought it would be here by the end of September. I wish it would get here, I'm getting tired of looking at pictures on Cadillac's website.

2012SRX
09-15-11, 12:32 PM
Finally some pics...before painting muffler & suspension, after painting, per Marc's suggestion. Also notice original antenna on roof top and addition of Shark Fin. Front driving/fog lamps upgraded to Xenon-type matching headlamps. Unfortunately no before shot...but we know what yellow looks like. Front driver/passenger windows tinted. Passport radar detecter wired-in.

raysrx
09-15-11, 01:23 PM
4 weeks after order and my baby was built 9/12. Latest status from GM connects: 09/15/2011 - Shipped (vehicle is shipped to the dealer or interim point of delivery) Looks like I will be driving next week :bouncy:

Pics look great! I believe the first Mod is painting muffler & suspension :thumbsup:

2012SRX
09-15-11, 01:40 PM
RAYSRX,

As you may have noted, mine was shown with a "shipped" status of a Friday, but didn't actually move on a railcar until the next Wed...then 7 days from the plant in Mexico to TX via rail, plus 2.5 days additional for offload and local truck delivery. Maybe getting going on the 15th (a Thursday) will help yours get to FL quicker! Tom

larry3828
09-16-11, 11:47 AM
Where did you get the xenon lamps for the fogs? I'd definitely like to do that, too, for my 2010 SRX.

2012SRX
09-16-11, 12:14 PM
Larry...check out Hoen-usa.com for Xenonmatch H10 (9145) (got H10 info from the owner's manual...double check that the 2010 is the same as 2012). Cost is 29.99 plus shipping via USPS ($8.95). Ordered via the internet on a Sunday and received in TX on Saturday...shipped from CA.

Installed in about 20 minutes for each side. On the 2012 just removed 4 of the 5 Phillips head screws that hold the wheelwell liner in place, after turning the wheels cranked to the left...for the right side access. Then pulled the liner away from the fender and could easily see the back of the fog light and get my hand in between the liner and fender. Flashlight helps find the area behind the light. Unclipped then unplugged the electrical connector, and rotated the original bulb mount counter-clockwise about 1/4, then pulled straight back. Reverse to install. Don't know if the 2010 is the same process.

Tom

larry3828
09-16-11, 11:03 PM
Thanks, Tom, I'll check it out. I've always thought these fogs are the weak link in the lighting for this car. Don't understand why they didn't include these with the HID option for the headlights.

rtsittner
09-19-11, 01:32 PM
Thanks, Tom, I'll check it out. I've always thought these fogs are the weak link in the lighting for this car. Don't understand why they didn't include these with the HID option for the headlights.

Larry3828 - you can also replace the fogs with HIDs. I posted a how-to and pics here http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-srx-second-generation-forum-2010/194774-hid-fog-lights-installed-pics-how.html

Randy