: Lightening the v?

CTSVKINGWAGON
08-23-11, 11:23 PM
Does anyone know of any tuners that can lighten the v? Along with d3 sway bars and chassis bracing, if I could replace some parts like the trunk lid and doors with cf, it would improve straight line performance . Is there any way I could get this custom made? My budget is 30k and it would be nice If I had some left over for more power.

jzchen
08-24-11, 04:12 AM
SEIBON (seiboncarbon.com) would, but you might need 19 others to want it with you...

tabio42
08-24-11, 11:35 AM
If you are willing to purchase the parts for making the mold (hood, trunk, doors, etc) I have a contact at Seibon. They may be interested in the market but not willing to purchase parts. Pm me if you want to go that route.

elphil
08-24-11, 04:21 PM
If it's a Wagon you can take the tail gate off, store it in the garage, and put a net across the opening.

M5eater
08-25-11, 07:48 AM
It would probally be 5-10times more cost effective to just throw money into the powertrain rather than doing weight reduction on a 4300lb car if straight-line acceleration is your goal. There's a nearly limitless aftermarket for the SBC, and the TR-6060 as well as the 6L90E are both robust enough that they could handle or be built to handle a lot of power. If you were to replace all 4 doors, the trunk *and* Hood, you're essentially talking about maybe 100-150lbs(it's said every 100lbs off equates to a 1/10th in the 1/4 mile world). That's just my .02 however.

thebigjimsho
08-25-11, 09:41 AM
Buy a V1 and mod that. Don't buy a 4200lb car and then look to lighten it. Not worth it...

Dr. Design
08-25-11, 03:45 PM
Hello,
We have been able to remove some weight from the CTS-V sedan with carbon panels. However it is still VERY heavy. Unfortunately the majority of the weight is buried in the car and extensive modifications would need to take place to successfully remove that weight. Panels alone will NOT get you there 100%.

We lightened a gen 1 CTS-V and removed about 300-400 lbs and it STILL has all the original body panels.

If you would like to give us a call, we can discuss in more detail what can be done to get the weight out of the vehicle.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

Does anyone know of any tuners that can lighten the v? Along with d3 sway bars and chassis bracing, if I could replace some parts like the trunk lid and doors with cf, it would improve straight line performance . Is there any way I could get this custom made? My budget is 30k and it would be nice If I had some left over for more power.

Squirlz
08-25-11, 06:59 PM
Hot Rod Magazine had pretty good luck lightening a 1970 Coupe DeVille: