: DTS rear ended... but not pooped on... unlike Jesda :-)

hueterm
08-23-11, 02:40 PM
111 year old man just hit the Platinum at a stop light. He said his foot slipped off the brake. Called cops regardless, since bumper cover is dented. Who knows if there is damage underneath.... plus I want my reverse sensors checked.

Took him about 10 minutes to find his insurance card... if he hadn't been bitching about how my car was hardly scratched, maybe he'd have found it quicker...

brandondeleo
08-23-11, 02:44 PM
This is why old people should have to take driving tests annually, if not more often. Hopefully it's just the bumper and nothing underneath.

vincentm
08-23-11, 02:54 PM
Hella old people here in Richland, mostly retired Hanford workers, alot of them are road hazards.

gdwriter
08-23-11, 03:32 PM
111 for real or did he just look that old? AFAIK, Betty White still drives a Seville. But even at 89, she's still one sharp and very funny old broad.

hueterm
08-23-11, 03:52 PM
He looked as old as someone who was 111. I didn't check his license, however...

He was a feisty one though... bitching at me for making him wait for the cops ;-)

Jesda
08-23-11, 05:06 PM
I bet he pooped though

ThumperPup
08-23-11, 05:32 PM
old ppl should not be driving period when i say old i mean like 80 and up come on i have been hit by 80 years olds never rear ended by some kid i have be reaerended 4 times in my 16 years of driving and each itme it was someone who was they could barly walk from the car to the curb without asking for a hand lol

Playdrv4me
08-23-11, 06:29 PM
I don't think they shouldn't drive, some 80 year olds have it more together than we do... But I *do* think that past age 65 there should be a YEARLY evaluation to determine drive-worthiness.

jayoldschool
08-23-11, 06:46 PM
Old people have great penmanship, though. I find they always use capitals and punctuation where needed. All that old school letter writing back in the day. Doesn't make them drive any better, however. ;)

orconn
08-23-11, 06:51 PM
My wife was involved in just such an accident about a year ago, rear ended at a traffic light by a seventeen year old on his cell phone. The kids father had not paid the insurance on the car the kid was driving and so our uninsured driver coverage had to pay to fix up her Seville. Despite looking like very little damage (didn't get into the actual metal body of the car) the bill still came to $2400. to replace damaged parts, tailpipe tip and replace the bumper covering.

Bottom line is accidents happen, here in the "Old Dominion" drivers of all ages couldn't pass any kind of stringent annual driving test ... how they ever passed what passes for a test in Virginia is truly amazing!

ThumperPup
08-23-11, 07:52 PM
i also think that you should eveyrone should need to take a driver test every 3 years or how ever often there state required license renewal well you should have to take a test every time you go up for renewal but that would cost the states to much money so no way they would do that

drewsdeville
08-23-11, 08:12 PM
Funny how a post about a petty scuffed bumper snowballs into talks about how an entire age group's driving capabilities should be questioned.

ThumperPup
08-23-11, 08:27 PM
Funny how a post about a petty scuffed bumper snowballs into talks about how an entire age group's driving capabilities should be questioned.

You have been around he long enough to know that this happens all the time

hueterm
08-23-11, 08:29 PM
old ppl should not be driving period when i say old i mean like 80 and up come on i have been hit by 80 years olds never rear ended by some kid i have be reaerended 4 times in my 16 years of driving and each itme it was someone who was they could barly walk from the car to the curb without asking for a hand lol

I'm sure they're as excited to hear about that as you are when people go off on your spelling...

I don't think they shouldn't drive, some 80 year olds have it more together than we do... But I *do* think that past age 65 there should be a YEARLY evaluation to determine drive-worthiness.

Agreed, at some age....whatever that age is, is for someone else to decide -- which is why it won't happen.

If you don't care if your bumper gets dented, fine. Believe me, I don't care if your bumper gets dented. Since my car is pristine, however -- I DO care if my bumper gets dented.

I also don't really care about age groups -- however this particular guy was a Willard Scott veteran, and as it turns out, kinda mean. I'd rather it not have happened -- however, that didn't stop me from filing against his insurance...

hueterm
08-23-11, 08:34 PM
I bet he pooped though

Well...that depends...

(Couldn't resist that one...)

brandondeleo
08-23-11, 08:36 PM
Saying old people shouldn't drive at all is a similar generalization as to say teenagers shouldn't drive at all. In both cases, it is a skill-based decision. 110 years old and still able to drive well? Good for you! 16 years old and a very good driver? Kudos. It's the anomalies that are the danger.

ThumperPup
08-23-11, 08:40 PM
@Brandondeleo

yes im sure they are
there is one thing though the reason i say it is because the only times i have even been in a accident that i did not cause and was rear ended was when it was and older elderly person
and they lideraly had trouble walking from the car to the curb and it was not from the acident it just happens to be that i don't think ppl should be driving if they are like that

it comes down to reflexes and response
i don't think they need a driving test but i think ppl should have to take a reflex or responsible test every several years

if they are not fast with reflex then they are deadly i feel

brandondeleo
08-23-11, 08:42 PM
^That's the point. People should not be barred from driving simply because they are too old, but based on their capabilities.

ThumperPup
08-23-11, 09:02 PM
^That's the point. People should not be barred from driving simply because they are too old, but based on their capabilities.

and i retrack my comment about ppl that are old should not drive

but i stick with the stayment that on my experience each time i have ever been rear ended was by someone who was really old and out of shape not big or fat but out of shape to be able to be a responsive driver

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-23-11, 09:09 PM
Blanket statements are dumb.

My grandpa is 84 years old and drives just fine, but overall he's in great health so that makes a difference. So NO, not everyone past 80 should "stop driving"! I am however, in favor of passing a law making it legal to check their driving skills once a year past the age of "xxx"

Mike, as we spoke over the phone, glad to hear that your car wasn't damaged more and I'm sure his insurance will take care of it.

drewsdeville
08-23-11, 09:12 PM
If you don't care if your bumper gets dented, fine. Believe me, I don't care if your bumper gets dented. Since my car is pristine, however -- I DO care if my bumper gets dented.

I also don't really care about age groups -- however this particular guy was a Willard Scott veteran, and as it turns out, kinda mean. I'd rather it not have happened -- however, that didn't stop me from filing against his insurance...

Er...what are you getting at with this? I'm not trying to justify the importance of your bumper to you, but why are you?

I also never considered you part of the age group discussion, but since you felt the need to defend yourself against it, I'm doubting myself...

drewsdeville
08-23-11, 09:26 PM
I am however, in favor of passing a law making it legal to check their driving skills once a year past the age of "xxx"

Oh, nice! A supporter of more discriminatory law. Just what our healthy American culture loves and needs. Goes along great with "This color gets these funds, this race gets this support, Jamaal gets this, but Jack doesn't".

Hard to fight discrimination when the law supports it. Why shouldn't every driver get treated equally? If benefit is found in retesting drivers, all license holders need to be retested. If you single out an age group, you are still ignoring the millions of younger drivers that still need a retest, which doesn't solve the problem. Why half-ass it?

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-23-11, 09:27 PM
Drew is so much fun. He brings happiness to every thread.

drewsdeville
08-23-11, 09:29 PM
http://beeillustrated.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/sunshine.jpg

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-23-11, 09:33 PM
Not that it matters, but....

The reason I said past the age of "xxx" was because of declining eyesight. Not overall driving skills, but simply eyesight.

drewsdeville
08-23-11, 09:37 PM
Ah, I see. So it's safe for us to assume that people under the age of "xxx" have no need to see an optometrist.

Vision correction is for old people. While old people drive horribly with poor eyesight, us younger guys can drive just fine with poor eyesight.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-23-11, 09:51 PM
No, not at all. I've had glasses since I was 6, but what I've learned from my optometrists, and many of my glasses-wearing family members is that the older you get, the worse your eyesight gets, and it changes a lot faster. Let's think about it like this....when was the last time you saw someone over the age of 60 w/o glasses or contacts? Much more than the age of 30 or 40... More bifocals on older people or younger people?

When you go to the DMV and retake your test, what's the first thing they do? Recheck your eyesight on that board.

ga_etc
08-23-11, 09:54 PM
I suspect Drew works for the ACLU...

Ranger
08-23-11, 09:56 PM
@Brandondeleo

yes im sure they are
there is one thing though the reason i say it is because the only times i have even been in a accident that i did not cause and was rear ended was when it was and older elderly person
and they lideraly had trouble walking from the car to the curb and it was not from the acident it just happens to be that i don't think ppl should be driving if they are like that

it comes down to reflexes and response
i don't think they need a driving test but i think ppl should have to take a reflex or responsible test every several years

if they are not fast with reflex then they are deadly i feel
What about the ones you DID cause? I'm sure someone can come up with some generalizations.

ThumperPup
08-23-11, 10:02 PM
What about the ones you DID cause? I'm sure someone can come up with some generalizations.

Only time i ever rear Ended anyone was When i was on Black Ice it was 2001 it was in the Gold 98 Lincoln Mark VIII Spring Edition and i had no control over what happened
it was my fault because of ohio law has rear end hit is at fault
so there

I drive and i stay back i don't tail gate
i have had lots of cars totaled but only 1 accident has ever been my fault

How about you ? how many have you cuased

orconn
08-23-11, 10:04 PM
I've had glasses since I was 12. Never had much deterioration of my sight (tested every year) till about five years ago when it was discovered that I had cataracts on both eyes. After a year of the discovery I noticed my night vision had greatly diminished, so I stopped driving at night. Subsequently, I have had cataract surgery on both eyes, with result that I now have 20/20 vision in both eyes and my night vision and peripheral vision are normal. I don't think age alone is a determining factor in being able to drive safely. Many other factors go into being safe at the wheel. The ignorance and over confidence of youth is every bit as dangerous as the physical deterioration brought on by old age. The ability to drive safely is determined not by the individual's age but by his own personal responsibility and physical ability.

drewsdeville
08-23-11, 10:06 PM
^^^Win

More bifocals on older people or younger people?

Lolburgers. I sure hope that all of you poor driving, blind old people aren't driving through your bifocals...

Destroyer
08-23-11, 10:11 PM
This is why old people should have to take driving tests annually, if not more often. Hopefully it's just the bumper and nothing underneath.Old????? 111 is old x 2 for crying out loud. Damn!

ThumperPup
08-23-11, 10:12 PM
I've had glasses since I was 12. Never had much deterioration of my sight (tested every year) till about five years ago when it was discovered that I had cataracts on both eyes. After a year of the discovery I noticed my night vision had greatly diminished, so I stopped driving at night. Subsequently, I have had cataract surgery on both eyes, with result that I now have 20/20 vision in both eyes and my night vision and peripheral vision are normal. I don't think age alone is a determining factor in being able to drive safely. Many other factors go into being safe at the wheel. The ignorance and over confidence of youth is every bit as dangerous as the physical deterioration brought on by old age. The ability to drive safely is determined not by the individual's age but by his own personal responsibility and physical ability.

I have had eye Surgery laser surgery 2 times ones when i was 17 it reversed itself when i was 18 again when i was 26 it revered itself when i was 28

the Dr's can't figure out why but since it has got cheaper over the years i might try again they said they might also be able to do some sort of injection into the eye

but then ill miss my glasses LOL

hueterm
08-23-11, 10:32 PM
Old????? 111 is old x 2 for crying out loud. Damn!

I clarified to say that he "looked" 111... I didn't see his ticket stub from the 1904 St. Louis World's Fair or anything ;-) (Which my grandfather went to BTW, when he was a kid...)

Destroyer
08-23-11, 10:34 PM
I have had eye Surgery laser surgery 2 times ones when i was 17 it reversed itself when i was 18 again when i was 26 it revered itself when i was 28

the Dr's can't figure out why but since it has got cheaper over the years i might try again they said they might also be able to do some sort of injection into the eye

but then ill miss my glasses LOLThanks for sharing. :)

hueterm
08-23-11, 10:38 PM
We need a Three Stooges eye poke smilie...

ThumperPup
08-23-11, 10:38 PM
Thanks for sharing. :)

i only said it because i was responding to orconn post 31
he said he had surgery on his eyes for

Destroyer
08-23-11, 10:46 PM
i only said it because i was responding to orconn post 31
he said he had surgery on his eyes forI'm just playin' man. :)

ThumperPup
08-23-11, 10:48 PM
I'm just playin' man. :)

ah ok

Night Wolf
08-23-11, 10:51 PM

but then ill miss my glasses LOL

http://tts.imtranslator.net/HCJp

Ranger
08-23-11, 10:56 PM
:histeric: Thanks, I just exhaled my coffee.

Night Wolf
08-23-11, 10:58 PM
I couldn't contain myself either, so I figured it'd be best with no text explanation and just let those freely click it as they wish. Still LOLing.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-23-11, 11:00 PM
lmao! that's cold Rick. but awesome.

ThumperPup
08-23-11, 11:04 PM
http://tts.imtranslator.net/HCJp

your a jerk your cold and it may have been funny to some but go F off

Destroyer
08-23-11, 11:16 PM
I couldn't contain myself either, so I figured it'd be best with no text explanation and just let those freely click it as they wish. Still LOLing.Damnit Rick! Gotta wipe the rum n ice tea off the screen again!! :)

Destroyer
08-23-11, 11:17 PM
your a jerk your cold and it may have been funny to some but go F offLMAO. That was ownage at it's finest, you gotta admit. :)

ThumperPup
08-23-11, 11:20 PM
LMAO. That was ownage at it's finest, you gotta admit. :)

yeah it was kind of funny im not saying it wasn't but for the reason he did it and just the point that he did it that was Fing rude and mean
so excuse me if im not excited about it

brandondeleo
08-23-11, 11:21 PM
Oh, get over it. It was funny, you have to admit. Learn to laugh at yourself a little. :o

Night Wolf
08-23-11, 11:24 PM
your a jerk your cold and it may have been funny to some but go F off

I tried to read it first, I really did. But the run-on paragraph caused me to seek alternate means that wouldn't run out of breath.

ThumperPup
08-23-11, 11:30 PM
it was still a bit rude you could have done that yourself fine but to post it that just makes you real strong doesn't it ? really a big man aren't you ?

brandondeleo
08-23-11, 11:31 PM
One time I saw a cow and it was a black and white cow and it was a big cow which liked to eat grass especially very green grass that grew by the creek that was a pretty creek and the creek ran cold all of the time even when it was hot out and when it was hot out the cow liked to drink from the creek which, again, was nice and cold like a bottle of water from the fridge that reminds me I had a very nice fridge once that fit really big cakes inside of it like the cakes on the cake boss show which is a very funny show because the Italian guy is very funny when he talks with his co-workers who are also Italian like me because I'm Italian and Italians are usually funny when they talk to other Italians and Italians usually don't like dairy products very much like milk that the cow made when he drank from the cold creek that was cold like a bottle of water from the fridge that fit big cakes that Italians made when they were being funny on TV.

hueterm
08-23-11, 11:33 PM
OK -- let's reign this puppy back to me and my rear ended problems :-)

brandondeleo
08-23-11, 11:36 PM
Any word on the extent of the damage? Lol

gary88
08-23-11, 11:40 PM
For extra lulz change the language to German/Italian/Chinese/whatever and they'll say it in that accent. Chinese is the best so far.

drewsdeville
08-23-11, 11:41 PM

Yeah, he sounds pretty concerned about bringing attention back to the damage he incurred in the rear by a 111 year old man. Sounds frustrating, even a little scary!

hueterm
08-23-11, 11:45 PM

Hopefully just a bumper cover. Which even that will probably be more than the guy's deductible. No way to know if it's more until it comes off. He hit me hard enough for there to be a loud thud and it moved me back in the seat -- it wasn't just a brush.

I'm more pissed about a damage entry showing up on a future Carfax...

brandondeleo
08-23-11, 11:46 PM
Yeah, he sounds pretty concerned about bringing attention back to the damage he incurred in the rear by a 111 year old man. Sounds frustrating, even a little scary!...how old are you? Lol.

hueterm
Yeah, he sounds pretty concerned about bringing attention back to the damage he incurred in the rear by a 111 year old man. Sounds frustrating, even a little scary!

I'll defer to you regarding damage in and about the rear...

Jesda
http://beeillustrated.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/sunshine.jpg

Give me some raisin bran, sunshine

Drew doesn't have any actual opinions. He's a resident contrarian. Carry on and ignore.

Destroyer
08-23-11, 11:47 PM
yeah it was kind of funny im not saying it wasn't but for the reason he did it and just the point that he did it that was Fing rude and mean
so excuse me if im not excited about itYou know. You take things way to personally. I just bought a new vehicle and I have heard everything from people here wanting to vomit and urinate on it and so forth. Doesn't bother me a bit, in fact I find it kind of funny. Rick was f'ing with you. At one point or another we all do this to each other........welcome to being a man. Nobody was being rude or mean to you, just having fun. Do the same back if need be but don't cry about it. :)

Ranger
08-23-11, 11:47 PM
Don't worry about carfax. Save the paperwork and if it does show up and becomes a question you can show that it was minor superficial damage.

Destroyer
08-23-11, 11:49 PM
Yeah, he sounds pretty concerned about bringing attention back to the damage he incurred in the rear by a 111 year old man. Sounds frustrating, even a little scary!I've been laughing so hard at some of the posts tonight my freikin stomach hurts :)

brandondeleo
08-23-11, 11:49 PM
Don't worry about carfax. Save the paperwork and if it does show up and becomes a question you can show that it was minor superficial damage.Wise advice. Receipts and paperwork can make or break a sale sometimes. I am keeping a complete log of every repair or modification that I have done to the car since I bought it and I am keeping all of the receipts, as well. It should help in any effort to sell it.

Night Wolf
08-23-11, 11:51 PM
One time I saw a cow and it was a black and white cow and it was a big cow which liked to eat grass especially very green grass that grew by the creek that was a pretty creek and the creek ran cold all of the time even when it was hot out and when it was hot out the cow liked to drink from the creek which, again, was nice and cold like a bottle of water from the fridge that reminds me I had a very nice fridge once that fit really big cakes inside of it like the cakes on the cake boss show which is a very funny show because the Italian guy is very funny when he talks with his co-workers who are also Italian like me because I'm Italian and Italians are usually funny when they talk to other Italians and Italians usually don't like dairy products very much like milk that the cow made when he drank from the cold creek that was cold like a bottle of water from the fridge that fit big cakes that Italians made when they were being funny on TV.

Italians FTW!

hueterm
08-23-11, 11:52 PM
Don't worry about carfax. Save the paperwork and if it does show up and becomes a question you can show that it was minor superficial damage. That's a good idea. I'll probably keep it a long time anyway, so it will matter less and less.

brandondeleo
08-24-11, 12:25 AM
Italians FTW!Sicilian, specifically. :D

Night Wolf
08-24-11, 12:30 AM
Sicilian, specifically. :D

75% of that. 12.5% Roman, 12.5% Calabria :cool:

Playdrv4me
08-24-11, 01:35 AM
That's a good idea. I'll probably keep it a long time anyway, so it will matter less and less.

I was going to say, you keep your cars forever so I wouldn't worry about this showing up. For *me* however, that concern would be enough to try and handle it with a check.

Playdrv4me
08-24-11, 01:37 AM
Awesome double postage.

Jesda
08-24-11, 03:15 AM
You know. You take things way to personally. I just bought a new vehicle and I have heard everything from people here wanting to vomit and urinate on it and so forth. Doesn't bother me a bit, in fact I find it kind of funny.

Word. If anyone can take a good-natured ribbing like a champ its this guy.

Playdrv4me
08-24-11, 03:46 AM
btw... I may have to nominate Rick for poty.

Stingroo
08-24-11, 04:03 AM
Feels weird typing that, eh?

Playdrv4me
08-24-11, 04:41 AM
http://www.qortuba.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/twilight-zone.jpg

77CDV
08-24-11, 03:15 PM
OK -- let's reign this puppy back to me and my rear ended problems :-)

Nominee for unfortunate choice of verbiage. :lol:

hueterm
08-24-11, 05:35 PM
Accident problems isn't much better...nor is getting rammed problems....

ga_etc
08-24-11, 06:03 PM
Accidentally getting rammed in the rear end sounds even worse...

hueterm
08-24-11, 07:18 PM
Today I got a call from some kind of stalker ambulance chasing chiropractor -- wanting to "adjust" me. I put her YP listing page on Facebook and told her to go buy a windowless van and paint "Free Adjustments" on the side of it instead of "Free Candy", and park it in the Walmart parking lot.

Are they stalking the police dept. now?? Sick.

I already go to a chiropractor/acupuncturist on a regular basis, and she doesn't have to dig carbon copies of accident reports out of the police dumpster.

hueterm
08-24-11, 07:20 PM
Accidentally getting rammed in the rear end sounds even worse...

That's usually intentional on someone's part...I don't think you just suddenly appear in that situation.

As I understand it, anyway...

Stingroo
08-24-11, 08:04 PM
Except when you drop the soap, apparently.

CadillacCastle
08-25-11, 01:28 AM
old ppl should not be driving period when i say old i mean like 80 and up come on i have been hit by 80 years olds never rear ended by some kid i have be reaerended 4 times in my 16 years of driving and each itme it was someone who was they could barly walk from the car to the curb without asking for a hand lol IknowthatyoubelieveyouunderstandwhatyouthinkIsaid, butI'mnotsureyourealisethatwhatyouheardisnotwhatIm eant.

hueterm
08-25-11, 08:02 PM
Went to the body shop Nunnally uses, who luckily is a State Farm shop, so my aggravation factor should be minimized.

$1013 was what showed up on the bill to SF...factory new bumper and new sensor kit (unless something underneath is damaged). Goes in Tuesday AM and back same day.

Yay.

Night Wolf
08-25-11, 08:35 PM
Yay.

OffThaHorseCEO
08-25-11, 08:37 PM
yay.

ben.gators
08-25-11, 09:02 PM
yaY.

Stingroo
08-25-11, 09:05 PM
Yea.

ben.gators
08-25-11, 09:30 PM
Yea.

You were supposed to post yAy not yea :cop:

hueterm
08-25-11, 09:42 PM
Now let's try with lOl...

Stingroo
08-25-11, 09:43 PM
I used a homophone.

Because this thread is full of innuendo.

Night Wolf
08-25-11, 11:50 PM
Now let's try with lOl...

Still LOLing... when I think about the text to speech...