: Any '05 EXT owners out there...

gacck
10-23-04, 08:22 PM
I am wondering if anyone else has figured out how to make the remote controls (key fobs) move the seats, mirrors etc. to the memory positions? The remotes are numbered on the back of the remotes for this reason (#1 & #2). Using #1 remote to unlock the doors should automatically positions the seat and mirrors to the #1 memory position. Mine does not and I cannot figure it out. The drivers door panel control buttons for seat memory work fine though.

Hope I can find the info here...

Cheers,

CLC
'05 EXT

99escalademan
10-23-04, 08:29 PM
I dont have an 05, but i have found the online manual. http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:Fq6wkN5TOmIJ:www.mygmlink.com/pdf/go2content/manual/US/en/cadillac/2k05escesv.pdf+2005+escalade+manual&hl=en

gacck
10-23-04, 08:35 PM
99escalademan,
Thanks for the reply, but I have been through the entire manual more than once, and it is not addressed. I beginning to think it was dropped from the software...another cost cutting measure by Cadillac!! If any '05 owners want to talk directly, I will call you on my dime...email me at gacck@aol.com

CLC
'05 EXT

joshuap
10-23-04, 08:40 PM
Don't mean to highjack your thread but I was curious if your 05 EXT had a slide out bed and voice operated radio? Thanks!

gacck
10-24-04, 11:27 PM
The slide out bed is a cadillac option available in winter '05, no voice operated radio. Still looking to talk to another '05 EXT owner...
CLC
'05 EXT

budpar3
10-25-04, 09:30 PM
This disturbs me as well. I have an 03 ESV and 05 EXT - expected the 05 to have the same niceties, but it doesn't and is actually missing a lot! :banghead: Key fobs do not set drivers seat, controls, etc. Sun Visor missing the extra visor, radio changes from Normal to Spacious to Normal at will, temp will change from 74 to 77 to whatever it wants at will.
Expected a Cadillac, got an Avalanchallac. :want:
I guess Cadillac didn't think we'd notice. :shhh:

mrplastic
10-25-04, 09:54 PM
I have an 05EXT. I can't figure out the fobs/seats/mirrors either. Neither can my dealer. What gives?! It's not in the book. I have not listened to the tutorial CD.
Also the pullout bed was standard equipment back in July when I ordered it. When it shows up, nobody, even Cadillac, knew anything about a pullout bed. No records of it. I had called Cadillac and they told me it was a standard thing. I was not a happy camper.
Love my EXT/Avalanch... anyway!

caddydealr
10-25-04, 10:03 PM
The o5 Escalade, EXT and ESV do not have these features as did the 04's.
No matter what the manual says, the memory seating is only recalled by pushing the appropriate button on the door (driver 1 or 2).

HOWEVER....

Enhanced software is available at your local dealership and your vehicle
can be reprogrammed to restore this functionality. On remote, or On key recall is a very nice touch and should have been left alone. Techline tells us it's a memory size issue. We've already done it for customers. Sounds like Cadillac may need to upgrade the EPROMs to larger sizes.

mv945
10-25-04, 10:55 PM
I just got an '05 Escalade and it does not recall seat/mirror position by key fob either. I am going to call my dealer and see if they can load the enhancement.
Question - if they had to leave features such as this out for memory space reasons, if they put them back in is that going to break some other functionality?

gacck
10-25-04, 11:10 PM
caddydealr,
I can already feel the pain coming when I try to explain to the dealer that it can be reprogrammed. Can you tell me where you are located so I can pass that along on my next dealer visit?
I also noticed that Cadillac in their infinite wisdom thought it best to remove the under hood light, the center console light, the glove box light, one of the bed lights, the dual (dimming) visors among others. You cannot even order the older style dual (dimming) visor right now, as it shows discontinued and no longer stocked. The slide out bed feature is still listed in the accessories catalog, but checking availability shows it is not available till winter 2005.

I love this truck but am disappointed at the footwork I am having to do to make this truck the luxury vehicle it should have been from the factory.

I have already installed the remote lock and unlock for the tailgate (aftermarket parts) that should have been there. I plan on adding the center console, glovebox, underhood and additional bed light
as soon as I can talk the dealer into looking up the parts.

Enough complaining for now...
Cheers all!

CLC
'05 EXT
Thanks,

mrplastic
10-26-04, 01:45 PM
Wow! Didn't realize I was missing all that extra lighting. They need to put back in the lighting in the bed and under the hood. The rest is still doable.

caddydealr
10-26-04, 03:37 PM
gacck,

what youll be asking for is a new VCI, vehicle calibration index. it is vin specific, so have it ready for your local tech. Techline tells us It will restore the seat recall functionality, NOT radio presets or DIC display/info. Apparently, Cadillac, in their infinite wisdom, conducted a focus (study) group to determine what features, functionality Escalade owners Needed & Wanted to have. Those deemed most important were kept, others were "lost." All of the features mentioned in this forum, I deem to be quite nice and certainly differentiate our vehicles from the myriad of others in the marketplace; and all certainly have merit on such a high caliber vehicle. I, as well as my employees are empathetic and share your feelings. However, one fact remains unchallenged, the price continues to rise and margins continue to decrease, and the competition continues to be agressive. Good luck.

gacck
10-26-04, 06:34 PM
caddydealr,
Thanks for your time...I will definitely use that info. In the meantime my dealer still has no clue, but is willing to try and fix the problem...that's a good sign.

Thanks again,

CLC
'05 EXT

JAZZ392
12-02-04, 07:05 AM
Did anyone have any luck with this upgrade.??
Just traded my 02 escalade for the 05, and so far the thing I miss most is having the seat memory. Any help would be great. I would like to have something to take to the service dept. I went to a new dealer and have never used this service dept.

MEJIA
12-02-04, 12:28 PM
Kind of dissapointed reading all this regarding the 05 Escalade EXT, especially when I am about to take delivery of one of them in a couple of hours. I just hope everything works fine for me ;)

fierodough
10-11-08, 08:58 AM
here is the webpage that will have all the VIC info to fix thisprom and many others!

http://tis2web.service.gm.com/tis2web

I would print them off and showthe dealer.

g9s8r
10-11-08, 12:54 PM
here is the webpage that will have all the VIC info to fix thisprom and many others!

http://tis2web.service.gm.com/tis2web

I would print them off and showthe dealer.

I can only say that we (members) appreciate the knowledge you bring to the board and the information you provided. Thank you.

However..psss...look at the thread date. Almost 4 years old. Not sure if it is still an issue. But, like I stated. Glad that you have the knowledge and can pass that kind of information along. We appreciate it. :cool:

fierodough
10-14-08, 09:26 AM
:hide: Sorry. :D I'm having the same problem as in the topic and found a solution. i was hoping to help out the next guy. :yup:

XTSman
10-14-08, 10:59 AM
:hide: Sorry. :D I'm having the same problem as in the topic and found a solution. i was hoping to help out the next guy. :yup:

Well, I appreciate it. I have been looking for this solution for all four of those years, so I am grateful someone is still looking as I am sure are other escalade owners who were disappointed that cadillac decided to disable the escalade key fob settings after 2004.

When I look at your link, I can't tell which module and which catagory I am looking for to show the dealer the upgraded software. So more help would be appreciated, psss....even if it is a four year old thread.

g9s8r
10-14-08, 12:33 PM
Yeah, sorry. It might have sounded a little blah. I too appreciate the info that was found. It was just odd to revive such an old thread to me. As long as the information is useful keep it coming. :cool:

fierodough
10-16-08, 02:00 PM
Ahhhh crap!!!! :bomb:

I took my truck to the dealer today (Myers Cadillac in Ottawa Ontario) and was actually given $hit by the service adviser for having "high level information" about VCI's for my truck! Hi insists it's not a feature on my truck and now he is talking about costs associated with re-flashing the BCM that I would be required to pay for. (Truck still under bumper to bumper)

I am fuming!!!! My wife dropped off the truck with detailed info about the re-flash and what I expected to have done. He thought I wanted to reprogram the remotes?!?! Then he says that I should of spoken to him directly (even though I had no idea he was going to be my service adviser) and me faxing the information to the receptionist who booked the appointment and having my wife provide the same info was not sufficient bla.. blah .. blah..

Sorry for the rant! but those of you who were successful in getting the dealer off it's ass and performing the VCI flash, could you please let me know how you did it?

thank you!

fierodough
10-19-08, 06:55 AM
bump.. Anyone?

Has anyone actually had the VCI done?

fierodough
10-22-08, 12:16 PM
Bump... Getting desperate. :(

fierodough
10-24-08, 08:02 AM
I'm sure several people miss this feature. :( If anyone can post some usefull info as to what VIC is required, it would be greatly appreciated.

fierodough
10-28-08, 02:08 PM
:spin: