: any solution for non work cd,dvd and touch screen?

m33tati
08-22-11, 07:54 PM
have a 2006 sts cd,dvd and touch screen inop any help out there?

dkozloski
08-22-11, 08:05 PM
Tell us your story. Is it original equpment or from a junkyard? Did it ever work in the car? What were you doing when it quit on you.

tomm
08-24-11, 01:13 PM
Also, Its very common for the GPS Navigation to loose touch control. It has happened twice to mine in the past 3+ years. What always worked for me was to disconnect the battery, wait a few minutes and re-connect to force a new startup. Normally if you do not disconnect power even through you turn the car off there is always power going to the navigation unit so if frozen in this state it will not correct itself if you do not disconnect power.

Angus Young
08-25-11, 06:31 PM
My entire radio has been shutting off completely, sometimes for a min and sometimes for days straight, I do have a lock pick installed, but I don't think thats the problem, right before the radio shuts off it shows a message that says:
XM not available
Due to communication problem
Sometimes I keep ejecting the Nav DVD and sometimes it will turn back on, other than that the only way I know for sure to restore the radio is to disconnect the battery and reconnect.
Has anyone else experienced this problem

dkozloski
08-25-11, 07:35 PM
My entire radio has been shutting off completely, sometimes for a min and sometimes for days straight, I do have a lock pick installed, but I don't think thats the problem, right before the radio shuts off it shows a message that says:
XM not available
Due to communication problem
Sometimes I keep ejecting the Nav DVD and sometimes it will turn back on, other than that the only way I know for sure to restore the radio is to disconnect the battery and reconnect.
Has anyone else experienced this problem

Check the security of the electrical connections and plugs. It sounds like an intermittant connection. It might have happened when the LockPick was installed.

EChas3
08-25-11, 09:06 PM
The pins on the connectors can get mashed. Check the connector locking tabs, too.