: Looking for Rims

Wylde
08-22-11, 03:00 PM
I will be picking up my second SRX (I owned a 2005 SRX), A 2011 Platinum Ice Tricoat beauty (again, 2005 was Diamond White, almost identical). This one is a little less loaded being only an AWD with Luxury Collection, whereas my 05 was top model fully loaded. I decided I didn't need all that extra stuff so why pay extra for it. However, having really tough winters out here in Alberta I prefer to drive on winter tires than all seasons. So I am looking for chrome rims for the all season tires (18") and I will put the winter tires on the original rims. Any suggestions on where I can get OEM looking chrome rims that will fit perfectly. Alternatively I might consider buying 20" takeoffs from someone who is going totally custom.
My other thought was to buy another used set of exactly the same and have them polished. Anyone with knowledge on that?

I pick up my new ride this Friday. It could have been ready sooner but I am getting a trailer hitch and cooler put on it. There is no way in hell I am putting stuff in this one like I did the 05...I'm excited :) I will post pictures when I get it (even though you all have likely seen many by now)

TheCaptain
08-22-11, 06:25 PM
Sweet! Nice to hear Wylde! I'm a Saskie btw! :cool2:

I know LA Wheel, or US Wheel will chrome your rims, and they have the 20"ers in chrome as they work by way of a wheel exchange, but do offer full out purchasing as well. Might be worth looking into.

Wylde
08-23-11, 12:41 PM
US Wheel is crazy expensive to ship to Canada...4 times anyone else. :cookoo: I will send an emai lto LA Wheel...their web site only has 1st gen SRX wheels, but maybe they have some jsut not posted.

Thanks
Wylde

smiley47
08-23-11, 01:28 PM
Do you or any friends ever get down to Arizona? I've got my 2010 20" chrome tech take offs in near perfect condition. I'm afraid the shipping and customs would be prohibitive to Alberta.

If you're interested PM me.