: Fuel Pump & Fuel Gauge issues, one fixed need help on the other one.

benelliwang
08-22-11, 03:01 PM
My car's fuel gauge never worked, it was always on empty. Lately, the car started having issues starting due to low fuel pressure. So I swapped out the entire fuel pump assembly and that fixed the low fuel pressure issue. But the gauge is still stuck at empty. So I have the following questions and hopefully fellow V owners can help out. Thanks in advance.

1. Since it is a saddle fuel tank, is there another fuel pump? If there is another one, does anybody have a picture of it and where it is located?

2. I know the fuel gauge is calculated using the fuel level sending unit and something related with EVAP system. How do I test for EVAP leak?

darkman
08-22-11, 03:21 PM
See attached.

benelliwang
08-22-11, 06:04 PM
This is exactly what I am looking for, thank you so much.

6speedRS
07-26-14, 07:13 PM
Is the attachment still available. My fuel gauge is at always empty too, and this thread sounded promising. What was the resolution. I'd rather not drop my tank cause it looks like a pain in the but.

lowoctane.
07-26-14, 08:32 PM
You can always cut an access door :)

6speedRS
07-26-14, 08:40 PM
I'm tempted, but I would rather know that removing/replacing the fuel sender is actually the proven solution before I chop it up.

MarkOne
07-26-14, 10:13 PM
I'm tempted, but I would rather know that removing/replacing the fuel sender is actually the proven solution before I chop it up.

Mine works, but is very unaccurate. I have to rely on the DIC for my fuel levels.