: Cleaning the interior?

SaltyDawg
08-22-11, 03:53 AM
So I have all of my seats out and door panels off right now because I'm installing a new stereo system. It just makes it easier to run all the wires and mount everything that way (video amp, HDMI converter, etc).

After I got everything out I noticed how dirty it is. I have the "shale" color interior with leather seats.

Any ideas on what I should use to clean this stuff? I am thinking I will clean the whole thing, carpet, seats, door panels, headliner, and any other areas I may have forgot to mention.

Any suggestions?

vincentm
08-24-11, 01:48 PM
For my leather i use Lexol leather treatment:

How to use it:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/1574997721-post2.html

simkofab
10-21-11, 08:21 AM
I have a simillar post with no replies. In regards to the carpeting I've used Blue Magic in the past with great results. Found it at Walmart in the car care section. For the seats I use Meguiars cleaner/conditioner.
So how hard was it to get out the front seats and carpeting? What is under the carpeting? See my previous post as to my problem.
Also, I'd go to guidetodetailing.com for advice in regards to cleaning. I've recently got into detailing my vehicles and found this site very helpful. Hope this helps.

concorso
10-21-11, 10:17 AM
So I have all of my seats out and door panels off right now because I'm installing a new stereo system. It just makes it easier to run all the wires and mount everything that way (video amp, HDMI converter, etc).

After I got everything out I noticed how dirty it is. I have the "shale" color interior with leather seats.

Any ideas on what I should use to clean this stuff? I am thinking I will clean the whole thing, carpet, seats, door panels, headliner, and any other areas I may have forgot to mention.

Any suggestions?Lexol is ok. Meguiars is ok. Ive found both of those to be poor cleaners, tho, for the really dirty stuff. Try Leatherique if you have really dirty leather. For carpet, you could try folex or a all purpose cleaner. Buy a Bissell little green machine with heater, it is a cheap wet vac that works very well.

SaltyDawg
10-21-11, 05:38 PM
So how hard was it to get out the front seats and carpeting? What is under the carpeting? See my previous post as to my problem.
My seats were pretty easy to get out. Just take out the bolts, unplug the electric cables, and out they come. They're kind of heavy though. I didn't take the carpet out so I have no idea what's under it.

Dadillac
10-21-11, 08:21 PM
Lexol is ok. Meguiars is ok. Ive found both of those to be poor cleaners, tho, for the really dirty stuff. Try Leatherique if you have really dirty leather. For carpet, you could try folex or a all purpose cleaner. Buy a Bissell little green machine with heater, it is a cheap wet vac that works very well.

I will second that. I do my interiors at least once a year and this cleaner is worth its weight in gold. I love it

Don

concorso
10-22-11, 11:31 AM
The only complaint I have with the Bissell is the suction-head is too thick. Professional wetvacs designed for cars have very thin heads, lets you get down in tighter areas easier. The Bissell head is quite thick.