: Vagon on next week's Top Gear (USA)

RafCon
08-22-11, 04:03 AM
Just finished watching this week's Top Gear and saw a commercial for next week where they will race the V Wagon against a Ferrari. They also showed glimpses of the sedan and coupe, so who knows what will be said or how they will approach our V's. I was wondering when they were going to finally put these cars on their show as the initial credits always show a V driving through flames but they haven't actually had a segment with any of them yet.

Anyone else watching the US Top Gear and are you optimistic it will be entertaining? I'm still giving the US guys a shot even though the first season was fairly weak and this season seems to be much less in-studio and much more pre-recorded "challenges".

thebigjimsho
08-22-11, 10:52 AM
I don't care how good/bad the hosts are(they're bad), I'll be watching...

baabootoo
08-22-11, 04:45 PM
Let's see if THEY ever say "vagon", huh????? :)

CTSVKINGWAGON
08-23-11, 02:29 PM
Hopefully Tanner doesn't drive it, he's completely against great American cars. And he's a tool.

mother
08-24-11, 08:00 PM
Hopefully Tanner doesn't drive it, he's completely against great American cars. And he's a tool.

Are you sure he'd feel that way about it (http://www.history.com/shows/top-gear/videos/hennessey-wagon)?

js615
08-25-11, 12:07 PM
I think Rutledge drives it...

neuronbob
08-25-11, 12:11 PM
I plan to watch the V segment. Then again, i would have watched Top Gear USA anyway. I am simply thankful there are more American car shows for me, the car enthusiast, to watch. The first few seasons of the modern Top Gear UK were similarly clunky and it was only after they added Captain Slow (James May) that the show's chemistry finally gelled. I'll give these guys a chance and I'm glad the show was renewed to the current season. The current season is better than the first but is still obviously getting its sea legs.