: navigation programming problem

Hoosier24
08-21-11, 09:52 PM
Hi all, Just purchased a 2009 STS 3.6 w navigation. The problem I'm having is that when I try to enter my home address as home it wont let me enter my street. I enter the address number(13***)then go to street name , my street is w***Place. I try to enter it and it says "there is no such street". What do I do?

Thanks in advance for your help!

EChas3
08-21-11, 10:49 PM
You may need to upgrade to the newest Nav disk set. There was one released for 2011. If that one doesn't have your address, I think you may be SOL.

ddgm
08-22-11, 09:53 AM
Make sure you are in your region and enter your city first. Your STS may have come from a different region, or if you are in a new area, maybe it is not in the map yet.

Doug

dkozloski
08-22-11, 10:47 AM
When you pull up in front of your house does your street show on the map display or does it show you being in the middle of nowhere?

RippyPartsDept
08-22-11, 11:54 AM
When you pull up in front of your house does your street show on the map display or does it show you being in the middle of nowhere?
^^^ check this first ^^^

Make sure you are in your region and enter your city first. Your STS may have come from a different region, or if you are in a new area, maybe it is not in the map yet.
^^^ check this next ^^^ (if your street does show on the nav) - go to the config screen

You may need to upgrade to the newest Nav disk set. There was one released for 2011. If that one doesn't have your address, I think you may be SOL.
if your street does not show (middle of nowhere) then you're map just doesn't have that street... if you get the newest map then you'll have the best chance, but be warned the dvd map discs are usually 1-2 years behind the real world due to the lead time it takes to get the maps into the database then licensed out to the nav company then made into discs for the various vehicles ...

Dj Brady
08-22-11, 02:39 PM
I believe, absolutely worst case scenario, you can drop a pin and label it and use that for "home". This, of course, after exhausting your other options and resources.

Hoosier24
08-23-11, 11:18 PM
Thanks all. Idiot that I am i forgot to delete the previous owners info. But while you guys are in a helpful mood, has anyone upgraded the speakers or subwoofer. I have the 15 speaker Bose w centerpoint system. Thanks again

EChas3
08-24-11, 09:58 PM
Upgrading a Bose system is not an easy project. Mine is satisfctory. What more do you want?

Hoosier24
08-25-11, 06:19 PM
I'd like the rear sub to put out more bass than the front speakers, The system sounds great,but, fader and dsp settings notwithstanding i would like the low frequencies on a more rearward bias.

EChas3
08-25-11, 09:14 PM
I know what you mean. I have most channels set that way. If no-one answers with ideas that suit you, try searching. I recall a member that fabricated a resin enclosure for his high-end sub.