: 09 Vs USED AS TRACK CARS:FEEDBACK NEEDED

1Sensei
08-21-11, 04:58 PM
Has anyone here purchased an 09V used at the experience track events? If so, where was it purchased and how was the warranty issue addressed if you purchased one. I am thinking about purchasing one, as I don't keep cars long anyway and these cars are going way below book. I have seen them priced in the 30s but they don't come with the factory powertrain warranty, as I understand it. However, I received information that you can purchase an extended warranty or powertrain warranty from GM. Now, what is puzzling is that GM voids its factory warranty but would offer a powertrain warranty on these cars. If anyone has experience with these cars and purchasing transactions, please chime in. Thanks in advance for any positive or negative feedback.

thebigjimsho
08-21-11, 05:07 PM
I don't know. But if you decide to buy one and you'd like to sell the diff cooler, I would reimburse you for your goods...

smackdownCTSV
08-21-11, 06:01 PM
I would consider one for $35k, not much more than that since non-tracked 09's with warranty have sold for low 40's. And with the 2012s hitting the lots, pricing will drop again.

HeavyH20
08-21-11, 06:51 PM
A friend of mine purchased one of these track cars and it was $42K. He did get new tires thrown in and they offered a powertrain warranty. They did indicate, however, that GM would not offer any powertrain warranty for the car, even GMPP. They directed him to purchase a third party warranty and that would run $3000.

JimmyH
08-21-11, 08:07 PM
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2009/235053-thought-i-found-nice-2009-cts.html

1Sensei
08-22-11, 12:38 AM
I was told you can purchase a powertrain warranty from GM. I will ask them for this in writing before I pull the trigger. Has your friend had any problems with his car? Leaks, powertrain or brake problems...etc

HeavyH20
08-22-11, 01:07 AM
No, we gave a solid looking over, and it drives perfect. The only item that was a little worse for the wear were the rims and the tires. His had 4200 miles at the time of sale and has a manual. He absolutely loves the car.

1Sensei
08-23-11, 12:21 AM
Okay, good to hear he loves his V. Was your friend able to get a third party warranty? If so, which one so I could check them out.