: Tricks to remove fog light air box

Speedtrapped
08-20-11, 02:25 PM
I had car on ramps and easily removed lower metal clamps but I could not pull out the grey plastic insert. Any suggestions?
TIA

Low_ET
08-20-11, 02:47 PM
I had car on ramps and easily removed lower metal clamps but I could not pull out the grey plastic insert. Any suggestions?
TIA

This is the fog light as seen from the inside. If I remember correctly, you have to remove the fog light from the inside and then you can depress the black plastic tabs (there are like ten of them) that hold in the gray duct cover (photo 2).

Speedtrapped
08-20-11, 09:18 PM
Damn, sounds like I have to remove bumper....But I have a new era intake coming and I guess I was going to remove the air duct to brake, so I guess I have to

Low_ET
08-21-11, 12:34 AM
The only time I worked on that area, I had the whole front end apart (due to an accident). But, I think it can be done from underneath without removing the bumper cover.

You just have to get to the back of the fog light to remove it. Once the Fog light comes out the back, then the gray plastic piece will come right out. If you need a photo of a specific area, let me know. I might just have what you need.

1ATony
10-14-11, 10:37 AM
This video will show you how to remove the bumper cover to access the fog lights if you need to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voCH51iX_VU

thebigjimsho
10-14-11, 11:38 AM
I forget every intricate detail, but when I had the fog light bezels out to have the 3M di-noc applied, the bumper cover stayed on. Take the plastic undertray off pop those metal clips and you don't need much else to get them out.

smackdownCTSV
10-14-11, 11:46 AM
This video will show you how to remove the bumper cover to access the fog lights if you need to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voCH51iX_VU

We are 09+!

1ATony
10-14-11, 12:38 PM
We are 09+!

My bad then. didn't notice this was in the 09+ section.:duh:

Speedtrapped
10-14-11, 12:47 PM
Thank you all...any nt modding is taking a breather as my wife is done with me and my hobby...it doesnt help that I am always wrenching on the RS6 as well.