: 2012 SRX Showing UP at Dealers / Tough to Trade

Gronk
08-20-11, 02:50 PM
Over the past week I went by a couple of Cadi dealers to assess the possibility of trading in my 2010 SRX for a 2012. One dealer had four 2012s on the lot. One fwd Luxury and three awd Performance models. The other dealer had a bunch of 2011s in various configurations, but no 2012s. One of the dealers offered $1200 off MSRP and the other $700 off MSRP. Both of these dealers offered me less than low Blue Book on my 2010. Well I am not going to give my existing SRX away, so I guess I will wait awhile and let the market settle down a bit. I will have to take a look at it again after the first of the year.:annoyed:

dctex99
08-21-11, 12:06 AM
I said this a few months ago and sadly it will hit many 2010 owners that want an SRX with power; the old ones are taking a big hit....even my CARMAX has an SRX that someone unloaded to them; you might try that; but he is selling a 2011 Luxury loaded for$33,000,,,low mileage;about 46,000 a few months ago...MY cadillac dealer said that for now they are not dealing much on 2012, and the FIRST thing he said to me was THIS SRX HAS POWER>>>feels like a V8,,,so good luck on trading late models....I will wait til they are plentiful in '12 to get mine. Most of the first production seem to be Black Ice($495) add on and gold mist. I checked all for 1000 miles on autotraderl...interestingggggggggg

b4z
08-21-11, 07:54 PM
My dealer has 11 new 2012s and has not sold any of them. They have 10 2011 SRX's and 1 used blue '10.
I can tell you right now for them to have this much inventory in August GM will be offering lease and buy incentives on the '11s very soon and I can fully expect some deals on the '12s around December then bigger deals around february/march.

keep in mind that the DTS and STS are gon forever and Cadillac only has the CTS line, the Escalade line and the SRX. So I have a feeling that the SRX is going to be the volume seller. Cadillac WILL do anything they can to keep the momentum and to move as many as possible.

Ponyman
08-21-11, 08:38 PM
Same thing when the 10 came out. Wait till about Feb or March, and you will find a dealer willing to deal and give you a good price for your 10. The 10, and 11's still have the same look, and most consumners don't even know or care what is under the hood. Wait a little and you will get a good price. 46,00 low mileage for an 11? I would say somebody drove the hell out of it, no wonder he is trying to move it. I would consider low mileage for an 11 to be about 6,000.

stevec5375
08-21-11, 08:52 PM
Same thing when the 10 came out. Wait till about Feb or March, and you will find a dealer willing to deal and give you a good price for your 10. The 10, and 11's still have the same look, and most consumners don't even know or care what is under the hood. Wait a little and you will get a good price. 46,00 low mileage for an 11? I would say somebody drove the hell out of it, no wonder he is trying to move it. I would consider low mileage for an 11 to be about 6,000.

No kidding. I only have approx. 9700 miles on my 2010 but I don't drive my car for a living.

Gronk
09-13-11, 01:45 PM
Hey finally! I found a Cadi dealer (150 miles away) who was willing to deal. I traded in my 2010 SRX for a new 2012 SRX. I was able to obtain low Blue book for the 2010 (which was more than any other dealer that I talked to). I use "TrueCar" on the web to get all of the correct prices for any particular vehicle. You are able to get the MSRP, the Invoice price, and the real price the dealer pays. TrueCar also has a free buying service, which in this case, offered a price of $100 over Invoice. Best deal I could find. In this instance, it was about $1700 off MSRP. I feel I obtained a good deal and it was the best I could find anywhere. I am a happy camper. What a difference the 2012 is!!! Nice to have the additional power; interior much quieter; ride is better, less harsh; and many more changes.
Haven't had the car long enough to ascertain any gas mileage numbers yet, but so far don't see much change from the 2010. The 2012 is a marked change!

Marc NY
09-13-11, 01:49 PM
... I am a happy camper. What a difference the 2012 is!!! Nice to have the additional power; interior much quieter; ride is better, less harsh; and many more changes.

Haven't had the car long enough to ascertain any gas mileage numbers yet, but so far don't see much change from the 2010. The 2012 is a marked change! Glad to hear you are enjoying your new ride!!! :D

dctex99
09-14-11, 02:32 AM
l Got another $2000 off a 2011" in the mail today,plus dealer discount;;they are giving the gutless ones away....but I will also wait til spring for a deal on a 2012!!!!

wag 42
09-14-11, 09:33 AM
lGot another $2000 off a 2011" in the mail today,plus dealer discount;;they are giving the gutlesss ones away....but I will also wait til spring for a deal on a 2012!!!!

Since you like to correct spelling and grammar, I thought you could use some help with yours...

It is "I got", not "Igot". Also, it's spelled "gutless", not "gutlesss".

PJ1520
09-14-11, 04:45 PM
Since you like to correct spelling and grammar, I thought you could use some help with yours...

It is "I got", not "Igot". Also, it's spelled "gutless", not "gutlesss".

:yup: Makes the reading unnecessarily tedious.

BTW.......the business days (week days during folks' normal work hours) between Christmas and New Years are also a good time to check things out. Most people are tapped out financially from Christmas and the holidays, and the dealerships are like a morgue at very time they are trying to make quota.

Help out the sales people and give them a shot. I have, and both sides came out happy. It is great when the two most important variables in the equation, the buyer and the seller, are both simultaneously incented.

PJ

wag 42
09-14-11, 05:21 PM
^^ I agree. We bought ours about 2 weeks before last Christmas, and they were ready to deal. They took nearly $4K off our Turbo, and gave us a great trade in.

dctex99
09-14-11, 05:43 PM
:yup: Makes the reading unnecessarily tedious. Thanks

BTW.......the business days (week days during folks' normal work hours) between Christmas and New Years are also a good time to check things out. Most people are tapped out financially from Christmas and the holidays, and the dealerships are like a morgue at very time they are trying to make quota.

Help out the sales people and give them a shot. I have, and both sides came out happy. It is great when the two most important variables in the equation, the buyer and the seller, are both simultaneously incented.
Thanks for the hellp...I at least KNOW how to spell things; just get in a hurry;;;it peeves me that someone that can AFFORD a new SRX kinows so little grammar;;;I guess common among the younger generation!!
PJ
thanks for the help...it is depressing when someone that has a college degree and drives a Cadillac doesn't know BRAKES!!! I just type too fast!

Ponyman
09-14-11, 08:28 PM
Not as depressing as your posts though. Same old the sky is falling on 2010's and 11's. Go see if your mommy will give you a cookie, and come back and play when you actually own the car and maybe have some idea of what you are talking about. You are a joke. If you are so sure that the prices on our cars are in the tank, what do you think has happened to that outdated relic you supposedly have?

wag 42
09-15-11, 09:53 AM
I agree 100% with you Ponyman. He acts like the 2010/2011 are piles of junk, and the 2012 are the greatest thing since sliced bread. Granted, the addition of the 3.6L is great, but the other additions (in my opinion) are quite trivial. My wife loves our turbo, and I probabaly still would have purchased the turbo over the 3.6L because I feel it has a better transmission and launches better. Granted, I have to use premium, but we are talking about roughly $3 per fill up, so it's not going to break the bank.

Marc NY
09-15-11, 11:00 AM
I agree with wag 42 and Ponyman for I should know I had the 2010 SRX and of course now the 2012. The 2010 is one beautiful ride indeed! Sure the 2012 is improved just like any new model that comes along... 2013 will have the newer dash and perhaps even more added refinements. BTW: That is the nature of any newer model whether it is a computer or a camera or a car! The latest is almost always an improvement!

FYI: I bought a 2004 SSR with 300 HP and four months later Chevy came out with the 05s that had 400 HP. The huge bragging rights started in how "I own the more powerful SSR and how everyone should go right out and buy a 400 HP SSR ASAP" ... was running rampant among some new members on our SSR website. It soon got very tiring to hear a few of the 05 owners trash-talking the older model 03 & 04 SSRs because they didn't have the 400 HP. The fact was that many 03 & 04 owners were very happy with the 300 HP SSRs (I still own mine :D) and certainly didn't feel the need to sell and buy the newer 05 SSRs just for added HP and oh yes which also had to use Premium gas too.

That being said; the 2010 & 2011 SRXs are still one beautiful vehicle all in themselves. The 3.0L I had was more than adequate for the average SRX buyer. Yes, I learned to drive my 2010 SRX in a manner that best utilized the driveline's potential.

It is still an awesome vehicle to own! :thumbsup: :)

wag 42
09-15-11, 12:48 PM
Well stated Marc NY...

Ponyman
09-15-11, 02:55 PM
Ditto Marc. Improvemnts are the name of the game. One day we too may trade for a newer model, but right now my wife is so happy with hers that she just gives me the look when I mention trading in a year or so. This from a woman that never keeps a car over two years, since her 01 Tahoe that she actually kept 5 years. I also get tired of the crap dctex puts out. Guess he is just always going tobe a wanna be.