: Darwin Award Contender

growe3
10-23-04, 02:27 PM
The attached image is showing a contender for the Darwin Award. Time will tell if he is a winner(?).

-George

RBraczyk
10-23-04, 04:20 PM
Looks ok to me :)

Ralph
10-23-04, 05:46 PM
LOL! I hope those 2 by4's aren't too rotten. :helpless: Actually, maybe if that thing is balanced just right it might not require too much holding strength on the planks. My question would be how did he get the truck up there?

majax
10-23-04, 05:50 PM
I could see the 2x4s sliding down.

growe3
10-23-04, 06:10 PM
I also am puzzled as to how he got the truck up to begin with. Maybe a few buddies helped him to tip it up.

As for the 2x's; notice each one is touching the ground on a corner, if either 2x slides out at the bottom, the truck will come down, fast!

If the rock behind the wheel shifts, it may be enough to pull down this house of cards.

All in all, a scary sight.

-George

growe3
10-23-04, 06:17 PM
As I looked over the picture a little closer, it appears that he is getting ready to arc weld something next to the gas tank. Hmm...maybe the gas tank is leaking and he wants to weld it up, before it becomes a problem.

-George

Ralph
10-23-04, 06:24 PM
As I looked over the picture a little closer, it appears that he is getting ready to arc weld something next to the gas tank. Hmm...maybe the gas tank is leaking and he wants to weld it up, before it becomes a problem.

-George

LOL! Can you say KA-BOOM! :helpless:

c5 rv
10-23-04, 08:15 PM
Um, is that the gas tank he's welding? :hide:

Elvis
10-23-04, 10:31 PM
Um, is that the gas tank he's welding? :hide:

Believe it or not, you're supposed to weld them when the tank is full. It's the fumes that ignite, not the liquid. The "pros" do it all the time.

But as far as the balancing act goes, that's just plain stupid. He's almost leaning against the main support truss.

barge master
10-25-04, 06:29 AM
Auditioning for a spot on rotten.com no doubt. It would be a good one too!! :cookoo: :violin:

T_Dogg8
10-25-04, 11:45 AM
nah, he's alright. see how he has the the rock under the tire to keep it from rolling, just like they teach you in drivers ed. :D