: Amazon

ThumperPup
08-19-11, 07:57 PM
Does anyone here shop on Amazon.COm ?
how do they do with delivery time are they fast or slow
anyone ever have problems with there Customer service
anyone ever buy one of there used Like new items

reason i ask is i was just serching amazon
and found a Rear Shock With the F45 option for my 2000 Seville i was going to put 2 used shocks on but i decide im not going used how ever i saw this Used Like new for 103.99 from Amazon Warehouse
i called to find out they said it was purchased but then returned with in the 30 day return policy from Amazon
so i get it if i don't like it and it looks bad i can returnn it no problem
but i figured id get it maybe it was never put on a car and it is technicaly new just a returned open box perhaps
so i figure i just saved Hundreds of Dollars

but wondering if anyone has Experince with Amazon and how it worked out i know they are not an autherized dealer for the shocks so yeah if it goes bad im out but hey its worth a 100 dollar gamble to try it out you know

what sighns can i look for on a shock to see if it was ever installed ?
will there be pidder where it bolts onto the car is there an sighn of wear i can look for when i open the box ?

Stingroo
08-19-11, 08:08 PM
Man, the Amazon is just so mainstream. What about all those other little rainforests that need saving?

[/eco-hipster]

ThumperPup
08-19-11, 08:16 PM
Man, the Amazon is just so mainstream. What about all those other little rainforests that need saving?

[/eco-hipster]

very funny hahahahaha

Sevillian273
08-19-11, 08:47 PM
Amazon is less reliable than Ebay. Alot of the items pictured are not the actual item for sale and it's difficult to figure out where your product is coming from and when you might receive it.. On the upside, alot of things can be had for much cheaper than on ebay.

Also, beware of Amazon Prime - You get free shipping on many items just for signing up, but they will hit you with a $75/month fee in 30days if you dont cancel it. The signup process is quite misleading which I find to be par for the course for amazon....

ThumperPup
08-19-11, 08:52 PM
Amazon is less reliable than Ebay. Alot of the items pictured are not the actual item for sale and it's difficult to figure out where your product is coming from and when you might receive it.. On the upside, alot of things can be had for much cheaper than on ebay.

Also, beware of Amazon Prime - You get free shipping on many items just for signing up, but they will hit you with a $75/month fee in 30days if you dont cancel it. The signup process is quite misleading which I find to be par for the course for amazon....

oh i made sure that i did not sighn up for that my item already qulified for free 5-8 day shipping
i also made sure to find out about the return policy they told me that if im not satasfied if the product does not look new to me since they said it was open box and not used if im not satasfied with it in anyway they will send out a return shipping label for free and then give me a full refund
so i figure its worth the gamble all it is is time i get it if its good i just got my self hundreds in savings by purchasing a very exspensive shock for only a smar fraction of what it would cost

Sevillian273
08-19-11, 08:55 PM
I've definitely gotten some killer deals on Amazon. There's just a bit more risk associated with using them over Ebay. On Ebay, you pay a little more for that 'safe zone' - sometimes you need it, sometimes you dont.

ThumperPup
08-19-11, 09:02 PM
also this is comming from Amazon them selfs not a second party atleast thats what it said cause they have there own stock in thing how ever
i know that amazon is not a autherized dealer for this part so chances are if it goes bad outside of the warranty amazon gives me im SOL but hey that is the only thing i feel im gambing with

vincentm
08-19-11, 09:18 PM
Purchased multiple items from amazon, no problems with em.

MotownPimp
08-19-11, 09:28 PM
Amazon is my primary buying souce; I buy dozens of items, small (pens) to large (TVs) per year year from Amazon. I've never had a bad experience; items as described, prompt (usually very prompt) delivery. Easy no hassle returns. Honest, I'm not a shill for Amazon. LOL! My go to site.

If you are ordering from another company, through Amazon, I don't feel quite as good but still do it.

Jesda
08-19-11, 11:53 PM
Amazon's descriptions are sometimes inconsistent or vague, so I rely on buyer reviews for additional details.

As a student, I get Amazon Prime for $39/year which comes with unlimited movie and TV streaming (not everything streams for free, but there's still plenty to watch). Two-day shipping is free and one-day shipping is only $4.

I've already saved $70 this month on the cost of next-day shipping, using Amazon as a just-in-time source for business supplies. When I ran out of supplies and didn't want to wait a week to buy from eBay, I had to spend four times as much to source things locally, but thanks to Amazon Prime I no longer have to do that.

I also use Amazon to buy dry food products like the ground flaxseed that I give my dog (and add to my yogurt).

Being a seller on Amazon is a different story. They can be quite draconian and I've been ripped off by customers. The customer base on Amazon also seems quite a bit less intelligent and aware compared to eBay, but again, that's a non-issue for anyone who isn't a seller. On eBay, perhaps because its traditionally catered to people looking for used items, so buyers know to read the descriptions and look at details before pulling the trigger. With Amazon, the customers think they're going to Wal-Mart.

UPS, Amazon's shipper of choice, tends to be somewhat abusive to the boxes, but they're usually so well packaged that it doesn't matter.

MotownPimp
08-20-11, 01:32 AM
"The customer base on Amazon also seems quite a bit less intelligent and aware..."

Hmmm, could it be, I've just been insulted. Maybe I'll go look up "insulted" & then decide!!

But, before I do anything else, excuse me, I need to go to Wal-mart.

:hmm: :annoyed: :confused:

:bouncy: :bouncy:

Jesda
08-20-11, 01:36 AM
Well, I'm a regular at AMZ and WM, so take that for what its worth :D

brandondeleo
08-20-11, 02:21 AM
I regularly buy from eBay, but I hardly ever buy from Amazon. When I need a book for school that the university does not have on hand, it is my first source, though.

Stingroo
08-20-11, 03:38 AM
half.com for books.

textbooksrus.com for selling them back :p

brandondeleo
08-20-11, 03:40 AM
My full ride covers my books at the university store :highfive:

Jesda
08-20-11, 03:55 AM
half
ebay
amazon
textbooksrus
valorebooks
ecampus
biblio
a1outlet
textbookx

Submariner409
08-20-11, 04:17 PM
Bought a ton of stuff from Amazon, from CD's and vinyl to a Seville coolant reservoir to a box of flash memory USB sticks to Ford lug nuts. Most shipping is by post office, never more than 5 working days. Never a problem.

gary88
08-20-11, 04:54 PM
"Hey guys, has anyone ever used the 15th most popular website in the world?"

Submariner409
08-20-11, 05:09 PM
"Hey guys, has anyone ever used the 15th most popular website in the world?"

I'm confused. Please start a poll.........:rolleyes:

Stingroo
08-20-11, 09:39 PM
Nobody picked up on my hipster joke. I am saddened by this.

housewolf
08-20-11, 10:19 PM

I get UPS deliveries from Amazon a couple of days a week. Prime is ~$75/year, not a month and well worth it for me. Usually I buy small stuff, some clothing, books, dog toys, etc... I think I bought a fairly expensive camera lens there once. I'll ship gifts too (gift wrapping is available). Click, click, & a couple of days later it's on the porch, no sales tax, and no burning my gas driving around looking for what I want.

I always prefer to buy from Amazon direct but haven't been burned by any of their "partners" yet. Only thing I ever bought there that ended up in the trash was a contraption you hook onto your bike to attach a dog leash. Product was well made but my dog hated it, funny, she's fine running alongside the bike when I hold the leash :hmm:

CadillacCastle
08-21-11, 04:39 PM
Grammar books are cheap too. their not there
Does anyone here shop on Amazon.COm ?
how do they do with delivery time are they fast or slow
anyone ever have problems with there Customer service
anyone ever buy one of there used Like new items

reason i ask is i was just serching amazon
and found a Rear Shock With the F45 option for my 2000 Seville i was going to put 2 used shocks on but i decide im not going used how ever i saw this Used Like new for 103.99 from Amazon Warehouse
i called to find out they said it was purchased but then returned with in the 30 day return policy from Amazon
so i get it if i don't like it and it looks bad i can returnn it no problem
but i figured id get it maybe it was never put on a car and it is technicaly new just a returned open box perhaps
so i figure i just saved Hundreds of Dollars

but wondering if anyone has Experince with Amazon and how it worked out i know they are not an autherized dealer for the shocks so yeah if it goes bad im out but hey its worth a 100 dollar gamble to try it out you know

what sighns can i look for on a shock to see if it was ever installed ?
will there be pidder where it bolts onto the car is there an sighn of wear i can look for when i open the box ?

ThumperPup
08-21-11, 04:47 PM
Grammar books are cheap too. their not there

DUDE STFU = Shut the Fudge Up

not going to explain to you how i have a disability if you have been here for 2 or 3 years and have not seen it come up in the past then your blind get new glasses

EChas3
08-21-11, 05:46 PM
^^^ Cop out.

ThumperPup
08-21-11, 06:01 PM
^^^ Cop out.

go walk off a cliff

MotownPimp
08-21-11, 07:04 PM
Let's move on from the spelling polise!

:D

Submariner409
08-21-11, 08:54 PM
Police pretty please - there is no excuse for murdering the King's English. :D

T P, You're as full of crap as a Thanksgiving turkey. "Disability", phooey - get off your crutch and stand on your own two feet; stop being a post whore, slow down while tapping out your endless stream of pointless questions and then, from what we have all seen in CF, you can easily put together a grammatical sentence. The quoted post ^^ is prima facie evidence - pure kindergarten gobbledygook. You're plain lazy, coupled with a screaming desire (need ?) to be the firstest with the mostest.

orconn
08-21-11, 09:10 PM
Bingo!

brandondeleo
08-21-11, 09:14 PM

T P, You're as full of crap as a Thanksgiving turkey. "Disability", phooey - get off your crutch and stand on your own two feet; stop being a post whore, slow down while tapping out your endless stream of pointless questions and then, from what we have all seen in CF, you can easily put together a grammatical sentence. The quoted post ^^ is prima facie evidence - pure kindergarten gobbledygook. You're plain lazy, coupled with a screaming desire (need ?) to be the firstest with the mostest.This post makes me smile.

ThumperPup
08-21-11, 09:21 PM

T P, You're as full of crap as a Thanksgiving turkey. "Disability", phooey - get off your crutch and stand on your own two feet; stop being a post whore, slow down while tapping out your endless stream of pointless questions and then, from what we have all seen in CF, you can easily put together a grammatical sentence. The quoted post ^^ is prima facie evidence - pure kindergarten gobbledygook. You're plain lazy, coupled with a screaming desire (need ?) to be the firstest with the mostest.

the only time anyone has ever seen anything perfect out of my wrighitng or even close to it is when i use spell Check and it really has been getting annoying to do
and im defiantly not going to use it when someone points out to me to use it
i have a disability and im not ashamed off it if you don't like me because i have it and i have trouble with spelling without spell check
the go dive of a sub or something man

and you want to call me a post whore you may help in your posts but still that does nto mean that your not a freaking post whore yourslef look at your almost 24,000 posts or what ever

ThumperPup
08-21-11, 09:23 PM
And anyone who has a problem with me and my spelling go take a flying crap and thing if i care
it just means that your ignorant jerks if you want to pick one osmoene because of the way they spell you just sick

Rodya234
08-21-11, 09:33 PM
I bought some books for my English class on Amazon today. Saved $20 bucks. (Or 20%!!!)

http://officerricky.com/images/Officer-Rick-Ross-Boss.jpg

In an unrelated note, I think it's my calling in life to post pictures of Rick Ross on the internet.

orconn
08-21-11, 09:40 PM
Aren't you still in high school? Doesn't your school supply your books?

Rodya234
08-21-11, 09:44 PM
^ No sir, I start my first semester at UIC tomorrow. :D

orconn
08-21-11, 09:49 PM
^ No sir, I start my first semester at UIC tomorrow. :D

Congratulations, Sir!

Ranger
08-21-11, 09:50 PM
and you want to call me a post whore you may help in your posts but still that does nto mean that your not a freaking post whore yourslef look at your almost 24,000 posts or what ever

Sorry, Sub does not qualify.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=postwhore

ThumperPup
08-21-11, 09:53 PM
Sorry, Sub does not qualify.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=postwhore

yeah but in my book he does
at least that is what counts to me

hey there look at that i made a 15 word paragraph without a spelling error do i get a cookie ? LMAO

Jesda
08-21-11, 11:16 PM
In conclusion, Amazon is a great place to buy merchandise and watch movies.