: Love hate relationships

vincentm
08-18-11, 11:45 PM
She treats me like dirt when she isn't happy or when something is wrong but she loves it when I put my hands all over her, and rub her down, especially when I give her the eye..

When she acts up I yell at her, and come close to beating the snot outta her, but hold back. Because although she's a roughneck, she's also gentle as a flower.

Yes, I love my Caddy. A healthy but unhealthy relationship...its an obession..

Destroyer
08-19-11, 12:24 AM
Bitches give trouble, bitches need to go. :)

orconn
08-19-11, 12:52 AM
Luxury items become expensive as they age and require repair and upkeep, not just cars, but houses, boats and other "nice to have stuff." Luxury cars sell, a few years from new, at deeply discounted prices because the price of admission may be low, but the cost of maintaining the car in good functioning condition can be expensive indeed. Even though "Mac Mansions" that originally cost $1.5 million, or more, can be bought all over the country for $600 to $700 thousand doesn't mean because a person can make the down payment and perhaps qualify for the loan that they can actually afford such a property. A few years down the road general upkeep starts to accelerate in cost, not to mention the cost of upgrades to keep the house salable in the marketplace.

Sometimes, when the allure of a nice luxury car or home takes hold of our judgment and distorts our rational thinking, we can find ourselves in over our heads. The good news is that we can recover from our mistakes of judgment.

brandondeleo
08-19-11, 04:39 AM
^That. I LOVE my DeVille, but it is pretty hard to keep up with the repair costs. Luckily she is in perfect condition short of the half case seal. As for houses, totally true as well. My family home was designed and built by my stepdad's firm and is valued at around $1.7. It was built in 2006, and it is a weekly regimen just to keep it to new standards...

vincentm
08-19-11, 10:14 AM
Bitches give trouble, bitches need to go. :)

Yea, but mine isn't a bitch. She's a lady

Night Wolf
08-21-11, 12:01 AM
So you decided to keep the Eldo? It looks really nice :).

The only love-hate relationship I can think of recent memory would be my Jeep. Mostly because once I started to modify it, each one brings along 3+ other "supporting mods". It's a continuous chase, at least when you want things to function properly and not just a slapped together hacked up mess. Well, that and some real crappy decsisions on Chrysler's part with design/reliability concerns.

I was at a point at the begining og this year when I thought about selling it, and much to my surprise it's current book value was that of what I paid for it 2yrs and 50k ago (at the time) - $13.5k.

Then I realized I couldn't possibly sell my Jeep. I'd be kicking myself over it for many, many years to come. The fun, the hassle, the enjoyment, all the wrenching, all the memories.... I miss all my past vehicles to a certain degree. I told myself I wouldn't drive or touch the Jeep - that lasted 1 week and I was staring at every one I saw on the roads.

But, it is a constant battle - heck even in the middle of one now. I guess I'm drawn to things needing lots of attention! Besides somebody has to get 15mpg, all the time :)

AElayyat
08-21-11, 05:55 PM
That's just how it is with those Northstar powered Caddy's...

77CDV
08-21-11, 08:22 PM
There was a little girl
There was a little girl (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/#)

By Henry Wadsworth Longfellow (http://www.cadillacforums.com/bio/henry-wadsworth-longfellow) 1807–1882 Henry Wadsworth Longfellow There was a little girl,
Who had a little curl,
Right in the middle of her forehead.
When she was good,
She was very good indeed,
But when she was bad she was horrid.

ThumperPup
08-21-11, 10:33 PM
the ones who buy these cadillacs and fix them and do nothing but complain about having to fix them
well you only have yourselves to blame when it comes down to it
im sure there are some who have not researched about the issues and then there are the ones who have researched about the issues
still what it comes down to is you bought a car that cost 50k new
why in the freaking world would you think that it only takes repairs that a 20k car would take

if your going to complain about the problem and upkeep then get ride of the dam cars just my way of thinking
yeah i complain but i never ever complain about something that i did not already know about and that i was not ready to fly out of my pants to pay to fix
you don't hear me complaining about having to put new rear shocks in the caddy this next week do you yeah i have mentioned t and talked about it but not ones complained about it

yeah ok its a love hate relationship but why spend your last dime on it if you cant aford it get ride of it
if you can afford it love to hate it but stop bittching about it

brandondeleo
08-22-11, 12:10 AM
the ones who buy these cadillacs and fix them and do nothing but complain about having to fix them
well you only have yourselves to blame when it comes down to it
im sure there are some who have not researched about the issues and then there are the ones who have researched about the issues
still what it comes down to is you bought a car that cost 50k new
why in the freaking world would you think that it only takes repairs that a 20k car would take

if your going to complain about the problem and upkeep then get ride of the dam cars just my way of thinking
yeah i complain but i never ever complain about something that i did not already know about and that i was not ready to fly out of my pants to pay to fix
you don't hear me complaining about having to put new rear shocks in the caddy this next week do you yeah i have mentioned t and talked about it but not ones complained about it

yeah ok its a love hate relationship but why spend your last dime on it if you cant aford it get ride of it
if you can afford it love to hate it but stop bittching about itComplaining is a past time. Americans love complaining. It fulfills us. It is one of the simplest forms of ventilation and expression. I adore my Cadillac, which I paid nearly nothing for, but I can just barely afford to keep it in this condition. Luckily, I have had very few problems. I bitch about it, and everybody bitches about it. If you don't want to hear bitching, don't read a forum based on the most easy-to-bitch-about cars on the road. Lol. My eyes are offended by the poor grammar in this thread, by the way.
(Playful prodding, don't take it too seriously.) :thepan:

ThumperPup
08-22-11, 12:32 AM
Complaining is a past time. Americans love complaining. It fulfills us. It is one of the simplest forms of ventilation and expression. I adore my Cadillac, which I paid nearly nothing for, but I can just barely afford to keep it in this condition. Luckily, I have had very few problems. I bitch about it, and everybody bitches about it. If you don't want to hear bitching, don't read a forum based on the most easy-to-bitch-about cars on the road. Lol. My eyes are offended by the poor grammar in this thread, by the way.

My Grammar is mine
and that's all that matters to me
:bouncy::stirpot:

But seriously
If you want to complain about your car then maybe you should not own it
you may have paid nearly nothing for it
how ever it is costing you more then it should right and your a student
im just saying what about the other students that paid nearly nothing for there car but have put a mare fortune into it ?

Im not sure when the last time i bitched about my car i know i have talked about it but i don't remember the last time i bitched about it costing me nearly 20k in the last 27 months and the purchase price was only 7k i think
but do i go and bitch about how i put 2100 into a HG and 2000 into a Trans then another 4k into the engine again because the block cracked
no you don't hear me crying about all of that or bitching about all of that
i just put my wallet where my mouth is instead and fix it
when i get tired of it ill probably stop but i wont bitch about it
spending over a 1000 this week on the rear shocks
then probably 1500 in a month or two on the front struts but am i bitching about OMG how can they charge so much for these things and how they cost so darn much when they go
nope not me

But maybe i will try it
hear it goes RANT

OMFG how come these darns shocks cost so darn much to upkeep them to OE standards OMG why am i going to fix this is it worth it
i love her but i hate her omg

ok well it just doesn't sound right coming from me LOL

cadillac kevin
08-22-11, 01:00 AM
my cadillac was a PITA- in the shop every other week for something - whether is be fluid change (all of them-twice), carb tuneup, radiator (I replaced it myself), valve cover gaskets, tires, brakes, carb problems (secondaries wouldnt kick in), trans problems (shifting), or more trans problems (TCC).
2 G's later I had a cadillac that performed exactly as it left the factory then it got hit and blew a HG and there went all that hard work. now I have the coolest and shiniest lawn ornament in the neighborhood.
next up is about another 1500- 2G in work- engine and trans swap, vortec heads, new intake and carb, and new exhaust, followed by new shocks all around.

brandondeleo
08-22-11, 01:34 PM
i bitched about it costing me nearly 20k in the last 27 months and the purchase price was only 7k i thinkHoly shit dude. I only paid $2600 for my DeVille (practically stole it) and I'm into it about $2100 if you don't count personal upgrades like exhaust, accessories, stereo, etc... My half case seal went, and I had the oil pan seal done, and the half case seal leak has completely stopped. It runs like new, looks pretty damn close, and I do a ton of elbow grease improvements all the time. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. I am a student, yeah, but I make decent money (for a student) and I'm on a full ride, so I can afford things most students can't. Like my Armani fetish.... and still save. I'm winning like Charlie Sheen. Hahahaha

brandondeleo
08-22-11, 01:35 PM
That is one gorgeous Eldorado. :drool: ^^^

OffThaHorseCEO
08-22-11, 01:49 PM
So you decided to keep the Eldo? It looks really nice :).

The only love-hate relationship I can think of recent memory would be my Jeep. Mostly because once I started to modify it, each one brings along 3+ other "supporting mods". It's a continuous chase, at least when you want things to function properly and not just a slapped together hacked up mess. Well, that and some real crappy decsisions on Chrysler's part with design/reliability concerns.

I was at a point at the begining og this year when I thought about selling it, and much to my surprise it's current book value was that of what I paid for it 2yrs and 50k ago (at the time) - $13.5k.

Then I realized I couldn't possibly sell my Jeep. I'd be kicking myself over it for many, many years to come. The fun, the hassle, the enjoyment, all the wrenching, all the memories.... I miss all my past vehicles to a certain degree. I told myself I wouldn't drive or touch the Jeep - that lasted 1 week and I was staring at every one I saw on the roads.

But, it is a constant battle - heck even in the middle of one now. I guess I'm drawn to things needing lots of attention! Besides somebody has to get 15mpg, all the time :)

i keep telling myself "im gonna park the allante, pull out the seats, pull out the carpets, and freshen it all up. repair and redye the leather (one small repair, mainly needs conditioning and color). install the remote start, install the wood steering wheel etc etc.

I park it for a few days, end up with no time to do anything, walk out to a beautiful morning, and end up driving the damn thing anyway

OffThaHorseCEO
08-22-11, 01:51 PM
Complaining is a past time. Americans love complaining. It fulfills us. It is one of the simplest forms of ventilation and expression. I adore my Cadillac, which I paid nearly nothing for, but I can just barely afford to keep it in this condition. Luckily, I have had very few problems. I bitch about it, and everybody bitches about it. If you don't want to hear bitching, don't read a forum based on the most easy-to-bitch-about cars on the road. Lol. My eyes are offended by the poor grammar in this thread, by the way.

i think there are many more cars that fall into "the most easy to bitch about cars" category

brandondeleo
08-22-11, 01:55 PM
Very true. :nono:

Destroyer
08-22-11, 07:35 PM
Yea, but mine isn't a bitch. She's a ladyThey're all bitches in the end. You just don't know it yet. :)

ThumperPup
08-23-11, 11:52 AM
Holy shit dude. I only paid $2600 for my DeVille (practically stole it) and I'm into it about $2100 if you don't count personal upgrades like exhaust, accessories, stereo, etc... My half case seal went, and I had the oil pan seal done, and the half case seal leak has completely stopped. It runs like new, looks pretty damn close, and I do a ton of elbow grease improvements all the time. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. I am a student, yeah, but I make decent money (for a student) and I'm on a full ride, so I can afford things most students can't. Like my Armani fetish.... and still save. I'm winning like Charlie Sheen. Hahahaha

well im glad that this means the only major problem you have ever had is this engine trouble now

i thought for shure you knew i put what i put in i know its been mentioned a few times by other members also most evyerone that sticks around and reads some of my threads already knew that i had put so much dam money into this seville
and i don't complain i don't rant i just stuff it up and pay the bill and fix the car i know most would have ended up in the junker by now but you know its the principle of the fact im not letting this car get the best of me
im going to do a little body work for a 2 areas that have rust i think the door is going to need to be replace don the passenger front because of the rust on there just near the bottom its under the molding also eating threw only rust on the bottom end of the car
and then the hood is caroded so that will be replaced
and then ill hit up the inside of the doors going to wet sand and have them painted properly just the edges of the doors on the inside drivers rear and driver front
passanger rear is perfect caue it was just repaired by insurance earlier in the year

after that ill probably just put it up and it will be a dust collector well ill clean it off a few times a month take it out to drive but chances our ones i get down to Florida and its all taken care of ill go and get something els
i am thinking a STS that is or i can still get a warranty on from GM i already know i don't want to spend more then 20k but probably would go up to 25k at the most after taxes plates and every fee they can thing of the most i will spend is 25k put 15k down and finance like 10 for 2 years have a warranty that will at least go 2 years and ill be happy

gdwriter
08-23-11, 01:43 PM
Betty could fall apart like the Bluesmobile in The Honorable Richard M. Daley Plaza and I would still adore her. She has never been and never will be a bitch. Honestly, in the 12 years and 75,000 miles I've driven her, this battery drain short has been the most difficult-to-solve problem I've ever had with the car. Other repairs/restorations have been a lot more expensive, but they've been straightforward, and from a mechanical standpoint, she is rock solid. I'm going to drive her ~1,000 miles round trip this weekend without hesitation, and I hope my electrical engineer friend I'm visiting can decipher the wiring diagram and track down that damn short.

Night Wolf
08-24-11, 12:55 AM
Betty could fall apart like the Bluesmobile in The Honorable Richard M. Daley Plaza and I would still adore her. She has never been and never will be a bitch. Honestly, in the 12 years and 75,000 miles I've driven her, this battery drain short has been the most difficult-to-solve problem I've ever had with the car. Other repairs/restorations have been a lot more expensive, but they've been straightforward, and from a mechanical standpoint, she is rock solid. I'm going to drive her ~1,000 miles round trip this weekend without hesitation, and I hope my electrical engineer friend I'm visiting can decipher the wiring diagram and track down that damn short.

Or just rewire the old mess.

http://www.americanhvacparts.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/Thermostat%20Wire%20Roll.jpg

http://s7.sears.com/is/image/Sears/00973575000

http://www.x-entertainment.com/pics/kool1.jpg

OffThaHorseCEO
08-24-11, 05:06 PM
you MUST only use black wire though

Stingroo
08-24-11, 05:21 PM
Yo dawg, why's it gotta be black?

OffThaHorseCEO
08-24-11, 08:02 PM
"how imma be racist? im bla- i mean mexican"