: I heart my Vagon!

Speedtrapped
08-18-11, 11:33 PM
Ok, this is a frivolous thread, but I was just reading a thread where a member decided how much he had to share how he hated he is V 1200 miles into ownership. To be fair I have no clue if he bought it new or not. So I wanted you all to know out of Porsche, mercedes(cl65 amg), AudiRS 6(still own), 500 miles in and I absolutely am in love with my V! It's design, it's power, even its interior. I am very impressed so far, and if a hiccup comes, well shit happens.
Stephens

thebigjimsho
08-18-11, 11:39 PM
Best. Thread. Evarr!

dcc8203
08-18-11, 11:48 PM
I'm jealous that you have yours and I'm still waiting for mine.

It's funny to me that in every forum I've been on (95 Impala SS, 04 GTO and 09 G8 GXP) there are always threads with the same complaints: "for this amount of money my car should be perfect...should have bought a BMW..."

But go over to those forums and you'll hear the same bitches, if not worse.

I guess for some people the grass is always greener.

To me you just can't touch the value and rarity of the Vagon. I am 99% sure when I get mine, it will be the only stick Vagon in San Antonio. Not like a BMW where there are more of them than Buicks, it seems.

Speedtrapped
08-18-11, 11:57 PM
It's like this, love yourself first and love for everything else is easy...oh wait that is a dr. Phil forum thread...it really has been a short dance with my new girl, and I haven't even gone to 2nd base! Vrooom

RapidRob
08-19-11, 12:06 AM
I haven't been on the Dr.'s forum but I'm still lovin my V since I took delivery back in March of 2009, and after close to 18K miles. It's been the best car I've ever owned, AND, it has a sun-roof!:thumbsup:

Rob

EuroTrash
08-19-11, 12:16 AM
You guys make me hate life waiting for the right time to pull the trigger on my vagon.

:(

This growing up thing sucks, being all responsible with a mortgage and what not.

Tuna
08-19-11, 09:36 AM
8 months and still loving my V Wagon.

Squirlz
08-19-11, 12:03 PM
Mine gets built next week!

Speedtrapped
08-19-11, 12:09 PM
sweet, what color combo and optionss?? you must be bursting! The CTS-V is genious, I am not new to Cadillac, I bought my wife the escalade in 07' when GM decided to up mkt the styling etc, and we loved it! The CTS-V IMO, is as close to GM's perfection(I think Corvettes are awesome, and they should always be big ass engines, screw fuel economy...they are America!)....the Vagon, is something all the more special....Balls out practacilty-that sums it up for me.....I tell people I bought a wagon, and they look at me like I have 2 heads, but when they see it, hear it and sit in they mostly understand.

elphil
08-19-11, 04:12 PM
Although I could, I never thought I'd spend 70k or so for a vehicle. I'd been driving a 2010 CTS Sport Wagon for about a year when the V model was announced. Placed my order for a V-Wagon the first week production was announced.
After six months with the V-Wagon it seems like an absolute bargain. In 50 years of owning cars, trucks, SUVs, the V-Wagon is, by far, the best vehicle I've ever owned!

I probably have read a hundred reviews on the V-Wagon, but this is one of my favorites. http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/06/automobiles/autoreviews/06BLOCK.html

And just one more. http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703555804576102202985268590.html

Speedtrapped
08-19-11, 05:55 PM
^^ awesome, I know I will catch flames from Porsche owners(I had 911, and always loved the car), but the cts-v coupe design is gorgeous, diff, and a hopefully time tested. I may be in a small camp, but my god, a wagon version is like....hmmm remember that song, "she's a brick house"!

Speedtrapped
08-19-11, 06:06 PM
I never read the WSJ review, and I know he has won a Pulitzer, he hits the nail on the head!

Squirlz
08-20-11, 09:43 PM
sweet, what color combo and optionss?? you must be bursting! The CTS-V is genious, I am not new to Cadillac, I bought my wife the escalade in 07' when GM decided to up mkt the styling etc, and we loved it! The CTS-V IMO, is as close to GM's perfection(I think Corvettes are awesome, and they should always be big ass engines, screw fuel economy...they are America!)....the Vagon, is something all the more special....Balls out practacilty-that sums it up for me.....I tell people I bought a wagon, and they look at me like I have 2 heads, but when they see it, hear it and sit in they mostly understand.

Me? Black Diamond, Recaros, sunroof and all 3 pedals!

Speedtrapped
08-20-11, 10:14 PM
That's sounds fantastic, I was so divided on the stick, and I wish I did get it, but traffic and such it's was not an option...enjoy when it comes

DONRAU
08-20-11, 10:28 PM
Hi Caddy-V-ophites,

I've been lurking here for some time now and finally decided to break the ice and make my first post.

I'm like Squrilz and presently awaiting my stick-Vagon to be build. I actually placed my order last April (ya, back in spring) for a 2011 but was informed no more were to be built till the 2012's roll out. So, I've been patiently waiting that long for mine.

I know it hasn't been built yet after talking to the GM rep on Friday but I sure hope next week it will finally happen... Still have to wait weeks for the delivery yet.
Will it ever come! :rant2:

Speedtrapped
08-20-11, 10:44 PM
Holy carp, you have the patience of a saint! I am too type A to wait that long, but when you start her and she growls, not purrs, growls you will forget all the time it has taken. Post some pics when it comes.

DONRAU
08-20-11, 11:52 PM
Thanks for your sympathy Speedtrapped.

It's not like I'm going to go out and buy anything else... What else could compare! ha ha IMHO

Truly this car is so unique for me ( a Beautifully styled Wagon, Incredible Power and best of all, a 6 speed Manual gear box) it's exactly what I want.*

If it wasn't available I wouldn't even be buying a car now because I don't need another one... I just want this one!

Sadly, my decision to buy was at the worst time possible as far as GM production goes and once I was informed of that I realized I was in for quite a wait, wait & more wait.

But, the worst is over and like you already said... Once I have it, all the wait(s) will be worth it.

Ctsv wagon
08-21-11, 12:59 AM
I absolutely love my Vwagon. I have 1100 hundred miles on it and bought it straight off the lot. It is black on black with auto and no recaro's. Wish it had the recaro's but the auto is cool because I can play with the tranny and test my skills in a different ways. I kept second guessing myself because it didn't have 3 pedals as u guys like to refer to it as. All my high performance cars have had 3 pedals. I have been dreaming of a 993turbo which has a gorgeous body. But with 4 kids in 3 different schools and 5 doors and a kick ass body I couldn't resist. And from the sounds of how everyone who ordered one is waiting I made the right decision. The only gripe I have about the car is the gas tank is to small. WhoopT Do. It's more of a comment than a complaint. It's become a joke between me and my wife. Uh ohh we need gas again. But we just filled it up yesterday. I come from owning Vw's which I stil have and them Bmw's which I still have. I realize I only like to buy unique cars that u don't see often and have yet to see another on in person while driving. With 50 miles on the odometer I had the entire front end wrapped and the windows tinted. This is by far the best car I have ever owned and the other 2 Bimmers I still have are M's. (can u say where's the Torque?)

FLTRI
08-21-11, 04:49 PM
Although I could, I never thought I'd spend 70k or so for a vehicle. I'd been driving a 2010 CTS Sport Wagon for about a year when the V model was announced. Placed my order for a V-Wagon the first week production was announced.
After six months with the V-Wagon it seems like an absolute bargain. In 50 years of owning cars, trucks, SUVs, the V-Wagon is, by far, the best vehicle I've ever owned!

I probably have read a hundred reviews on the V-Wagon, but this is one of my favorites. http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/06/automobiles/autoreviews/06BLOCK.html

And just one more. http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703555804576102202985268590.html

Thanks for the reviews, especially the WSJ one. Loved this paragraph:
"You could attempt to redeem yourself for such an automotive purchase, as you should. The V-Wagon is utterly, cosmically and seismically wrong, a filthy, shameful ogre of torque that bellows and sets alight thatched roofs as it drives byŚCaliban with pushrods. You owe God or somebody an apology."