: Cadillac Ciel Concept...

thebigjimsho
08-18-11, 10:22 PM
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-news-concepts-future-models-rumors/237945-introducing-cadillac-ciel-concept.html

http://media.gm.com/content/media/us/en/gm/news.detail.html/content/Pages/news/us/en/2011/Aug/0818_cadillac_ciel (http://media.gm.com/content/media/us/en/gm/news.detail.html/content/Pages/news/us/en/2011/Aug/0818_cadillac_ciel)

edited by Sal: Added our own link with a video. :)

vincentm
08-18-11, 10:34 PM
Not sure what to think of it..just yet..

Stingroo
08-18-11, 10:36 PM
BRB robbing a bank so I can afford it.

thebigjimsho
08-18-11, 10:47 PM
Like everything but the front...

RippyPartsDept
08-18-11, 11:04 PM
want.

orconn
08-18-11, 11:13 PM
Yawn! Looks like Cadillac styling is bankrupt. What other excuse would there be for them copying Chrysler's show cars of a few years back? My original reaction was it was a ripoff of Chrysler's Imperial Parade Phaetons of the 1950's, but not as well done. I am underwhelmed, to say the least.

OffThaHorseCEO
08-19-11, 12:56 AM
someone put a pic up a while back of 3 clay models, i believe it was cts coupe, ats and a roadster. this ciel looks like what that roadster did. does anyone still have that pic?

Aron9000
08-19-11, 02:34 AM
DO WANT!!!!!!!!

I can see shades of the 1967 Eldorado in there, especially that rear tail treatment. I'd love to see Cadillac build a large 4 seat convertible that will comfortably seat 6' tall men in the back seat. And hold 4 sets of golf clubs. Its something nobody else is selling, IMO convertibles don't have to be some sort of sporty, impractical 2 seater, or have a vestigial back seat that your 8 year old child would find tight.

brandondeleo
08-19-11, 04:00 AM
IMO convertibles don't have to be some sort of sporty, impractical 2 seater, or have a vestigial back seat that your 8 year old child would find tight.THIS. They all have their place in the car world, but my personal taste is along these lines. It would be nice if it was available to those who want it. The closest you can get to decent rear room in a 'modern' convertible is a late '90s early '00s Sebring convertible. What I would kill to see on the road nowadays is a modern interpretation of this:

CadillacCastle
08-19-11, 08:42 AM
I wouldn't even trade my old 98 Deville for it. And whats up with all these new cars using the Dodge truck grills? Looks like the wheels are way too tall, almost to the top of the fenders. And to believe they would use real wood interior is a joke, maybe wood like decal.

brandondeleo
08-19-11, 08:44 AM
Negative Nancy...

dqw1
08-19-11, 11:06 AM
I like it!

thebigjimsho
08-19-11, 01:11 PM
If they can build this off the new Omega platform I think it could be a viable product. As much as I don't care for the fawning over the old days of Fleetwoods, a big, comfy cruiser such as this could set a niche other companies would struggle to match. Much like the Escalade, if you will...

vincentm
08-19-11, 01:45 PM
Ok, seen a bit more of it, when i saw this thread it was on my phone so the pictures were too small, seeing the pics on a PC in bigger resolution, ive come to say, i don't like this, its ugly imo. Cadillac could've done better.

Aron9000
08-20-11, 01:13 AM
THIS. They all have their place in the car world, but my personal taste is along these lines. It would be nice if it was available to those who want it. The closest you can get to decent rear room in a 'modern' convertible is a late '90s early '00s Sebring convertible. What I would kill to see on the road nowadays is a modern interpretation of this:

That's what I was getting at, a modern version of the old 50's/60's ragtop.

RShanks
08-21-11, 12:23 AM
I love it. Yes, it reminds me of the Chrysler Pheaton, but at the time I pointed out how Chrysler had stolen multiple Cadillac themes to build it: pointed egg-crate grill, pointed trunk, etc. If the CTS and Ciel are the directions of future Cadillacs, then maybe there is hope for the marque.

skytop
08-26-11, 10:23 PM
Caddy hit a grand slam home run with the Ciel design. It is at once organic, exciting, futuristic yet pays homage to hallmarks of past glory designs. The interior is simply fabulous!
I can't take my eyes off of it. Gorgeous! Kudos to the design team!

skytop
08-27-11, 10:55 AM
Give it some time. You will find it most appealing.

skytop
08-27-11, 10:58 AM
I can clearly remember the Friday evenings my friend and I took his mom's '64 'Eldo' rag top out to drive the boulevard looking for fun.
What glamour, what elegance, what fun!