: Germany here I come

majax
10-23-04, 04:55 AM
Well I can't believe it but very likely I will be going on a foreign exchange to Germany or the Czech Republic next year. I hope for Germany but my dad kinda wants me to go to Czech cause thats the orgins of my family. It should cost my parents about $4,000-$9,000.

tru504187211
10-23-04, 11:10 AM
How much Deutsch have you taken in school so far?

Caddy Man
10-23-04, 12:56 PM
dutch???? for germany and czech republic??? :confused:

D148L0
10-23-04, 04:54 PM
dutch???? for germany and czech republic??? :confused:
Deutsch, man, deutsch... german word for "german".
Majax, it does not matter which one you go to... once there, any place is close enough to visit. I really wish it come true.

Ralph
10-23-04, 05:42 PM
Sounds interesting. When are you leaving?

majax
10-23-04, 05:56 PM
I hope I can get a translated or international drivers license to go on the Autobahn. I do not know any German but everyone says its okay and that I will pick it up there. Also my counselor told me there are a lot of English speakers. If I go it's going to be around July near my b/day. I will need to get a digital camera and will for sure post some pics. I hope my family will have a computer so I can stop by, If not I am sure the school will.

Ralph
10-23-04, 06:30 PM
I hope I can get a translated or international drivers license to go on the Autobahn. I do not know any German but everyone says its okay and that I will pick it up there. Also my counselor told me there are a lot of English speakers. If I go it's going to be around July near my b/day. I will need to get a digital camera and will for sure post some pics. I hope my family will have a computer so I can stop by, If not I am sure the school will.

My cousin and Uncle drove on the autobahn last year. I think he said there were 5 different lanes (each for a different speed) and they rented a Contour SVT. Even driving at 170 kph there were Ferrair's and Lambo's passing going their direction and you barely saw them.

majax
10-25-04, 01:04 AM
I hope my exchange family has like a 5 or 7 series, or S class. Better yet a STS so it will be just like home.

davesdeville
10-25-04, 03:14 AM
There are 7-8 German foreign exchange people at my school, and 3 out of the 4 girls are really hot. Them's good odds.

majax
10-25-04, 08:27 PM
I woder if German girls are hot? :hmm:

Vesicant
10-25-04, 08:34 PM
:yup: - Most are qutie hot actually, and then again this is Europe we're talking about- woohoo!

The non-hotties are the ones that eat heavily, rooting back to the German tradition of eating "right".

Think Heidi Klum... shes German :shhh:

T_Dogg8
10-27-04, 09:10 AM
a lot of german's speak english, but knowing at least some german will be a huge help. i don't know what it's like now, but when i was there almost 20 years ago, american's weren't well liked. i think it's gotten better, but be careful. if you act like the 'arrogant american' they won't like it.

the autobahn is tough. they say if you even see a 'dot' of a car, don't change lanes because they come up on you that fast.

juiceE
10-27-04, 12:43 PM
foreign exchange students are the best!...back in my senior yr of hi school, we got a group of like 15 kids from central america, half were girls (bangin)....can any one say "exploitation"? :yup:

majax
10-29-04, 09:22 PM
I am not really arrogant that I know of, if anything I have been told that they can be the arrogant/were the best ones.

I will do my best to represent our country well, I doubt they will be mean to me. But I never know until I get there I guess.