: DRLs and turn signals

khoeysr
08-18-11, 08:26 AM
Someone told me that I should check my headlights. They said that when I used my turn signal, that my headlight on that side goes off. This was a daytime situation.

I checked it and that is what happens with the DRLs on.

I don't see it as a problem. Can anybody confirm that that is how it is supposed to be?

stabie
08-18-11, 09:31 AM
Both my traded in 08 CTS and my new Vagon do that. I sort of like the effect.

thebigjimsho
08-18-11, 10:20 AM
Yep, all Audis do that as well. I'm sure it's more widespread than that...

neuronbob
08-18-11, 10:23 AM
Yup, normal behavior. I suspect the idea is for oncoming vehicles to see the blinking amber more easily than with the DRLs on.

RippyPartsDept
08-18-11, 11:51 AM
Yup, normal behavior. I suspect the idea is for oncoming vehicles to see the blinking amber more easily than with the DRLs on.

^^^ Yep ^^^

TheG
08-18-11, 11:52 AM
Its also does it with your headlights on, it is done so turn signal is easier to see.

khoeysr
08-18-11, 12:03 PM
Thanks for the quick replies, everybody. I appreciate the confirmations.

thebigjimsho
08-18-11, 12:04 PM
It does not do it with your headlights on. At least, it shouldn't. Doesn't on mine...

RippyPartsDept
08-18-11, 12:11 PM
that's becuase the DRLs shouldn't be on when the headlamps are on

TheG
08-18-11, 12:19 PM
I'm pretty sure it does it on mine. Mines a Canadia car and my have different requirements.Will check tonight when I get home. We have had DRL for altot of years here now.
It does not do it with your headlights on. At least, it shouldn't. Doesn't on mine...

tedcmiller
08-18-11, 12:53 PM
The DRLs on the CTS-V are different from the headlights. The headlights should not be on if it is daytime and the DRLs are on. On my 2009 CTS-V the DRL on the side that the turn signal is activated goes off when the turn signal is activated. If it is night and the headlights rather than the DRLs are on, nothing goes off when the turn signal is activated. The reason the DRL turns off is probably that stated by neuronbob.