: Questions regarding a 1996 Cadillac Fleetwood

CoupeDePhil
08-18-11, 04:00 AM
I have a 96 fleetwood and I recently test drove a 94 fleetwood, the doors on the 96 fleetwood seem more
solid and heavier, has anyone else noticed this difference?

Also I'm wondering why Cadillac stopped manufacturing the 3 lumbar adjustments in the front seats, the 94
has 3 lumbar adjustments, the 96 only one lumbar adjustment. Why?

I'm getting ready to change the power steering pump in my 96 how do I find out if it has the special "cooling" feature on the pump?

Also the ride in the 94 fleetwood seemed rougher than the 96 fleetwood, was there an upgraded suspension
system used in the 96 fleetwood?

Thank you in advance for your answers. :bouncy::banana:

MoistCabbage
08-18-11, 04:38 AM
Not a Fleetwood owner, but since it's 3:00 A.M. and I'm probably the only forum member still awake, I'll give it a shot.

Unless the '96 is armored, I don't see why the doors would feel heavier

I believe the 3 section lumbar support was an option, the 96 may just not have it.

The '94's rougher ride may be due to worn shocks or suspension components, or, it may have the heavy duty/commercial suspension option. type both cars VIN's into the VIN to RPO converter here: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-seville-cadillac-eldorado-forum/184888-vin-rpo-converter.html it will list all RPO's (Regular Production Options) THAT car is equipped with. Scroll down to see a list of ALL available RPO's. Doing this, you can check if the 3 section lumbar was an option in '96, what suspension package the '94 has, and if the '96 has a power steering cooler.

The Fleetwood "experts" will be on in the morning to correct me, I'm sure. :p