: stupid stabilititrac and new here

vcouped
08-17-11, 11:55 PM
hey guys i just made my account today... i recently purchaced my 2011 cts-v coupe and it doesnt even have 3k on it yet... my problem is sometimes when i drive it the stabilititrac keeps popping on and of and beeping... its very annoying... ive never spent this much on a new car and i feel as if i should of waited and bought the new m5 coming out... there is no excuse for this.... its very agervating,... any advise would be appreciated... thanks, zach

stabie
08-17-11, 11:59 PM
Turn it off then, just press & hold the button for 5 secs.
Probably want to switch suspension to sport as well.

vcouped
08-18-11, 12:00 AM
thanks i really apreciate it i will have to try it...
thanks, zach

stabie
08-18-11, 12:09 AM
steering will also firm up in this mode. If you press TC twice quickly I think it goes into 1/2 nanny mode instead of completely off. Unfortunately, you must do this with each start, the suspension/stabilitrak is turned on at each startup. Enjoy.

ChicagoV
08-18-11, 12:23 AM
Keep in mind though, that if you do the press and hold for 5 sec, the system will be completely off. If you want to have the benefit of the system, then you should take it back to the dealer and get it fixed.

vcouped
08-18-11, 12:53 AM
thanks guys.... it just pisses me off to spend all that money on a car and have problems with it... it beeps repeatly nonstop even if its off, on or in competitive mode. it just came from the dealer and they didnt do anything at all... i will have to take it back.... thanks for the advice zach

ChicagoV
08-18-11, 01:27 AM
I recommend that you lay down some stripes on the way to the dealer. It will make you feel better.

M5eater
08-18-11, 08:15 AM
hey guys i just made my account today... i recently purchaced my 2011 cts-v coupe and it doesnt even have 3k on it yet... my problem is sometimes when i drive it the stabilititrac keeps popping on and of and beeping... its very annoying... ive never spent this much on a new car and i feel as if i should of waited and bought the new m5 coming out... there is no excuse for this.... its very agervating,... any advise would be appreciated... thanks, zach
If you could have afforded the extra $30-50K, I think I would have waited another 2-3 months too. However, don't believe for a second that the F10 would have been problem free. I wouldn't hesitate to say they'll have at *least* 1-2 powertrain problems a few months after release. Where as the V2 is basiclly a collection of parts that have been in other cars for years essentially. Read up on B8 waterpump/ DSC shifting problems @ WOT, or the E60's SMG collection of problems/ total failures on m5board, and don't even get me started on the C/E 63 AMG's... there's a reason Mercedes is twoard the bottom on JD power's mechanical quality and satisfaction.

Lord Cadillac
08-18-11, 08:39 AM
Welcome aboard, vcouped. And thank you for signing up. Keep us posted on how things work out. If your dealer doesn't help you, visit the Cadillac Customer Care Representatives (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-customer-care-representatives/) area and see what they suggest.

samplejs
08-18-11, 10:07 AM
Is your coupe stock or did you/dealer put custom wheels or tires on it. There was a similar issue on a forum for a different car that the Dealership put custom tires on the car to make it look better on the lot and didn't stagger the sizes properly which caused the traction control to flip out all the time going down the road.

Took the dealer a while to find it unlike a fault in the system it didn't trow any codes.

thebigjimsho
08-18-11, 10:32 AM
Beeping? When I'm on the track I can set the Stabilitrak off all the time and there is no beeping. Even when my TPMS is sitting in the paddock and it goes into its failsafe by bringing back on Stabilitrak, it doesn't beep.

smackdownCTSV
08-18-11, 11:05 AM
Bring it into the dealer, there's a TSB for that.

vcouped
08-18-11, 01:15 PM
Thanks again guys... Car is all stock... Calling deLer today
thanks agaieL
zach