: iPhone users in here please - bluetooth issues

TheSpungos
08-17-11, 11:26 PM
I have an iPhone 4 which up until about 3 weeks ago worked perfectly with the bluetooth/hand free in my 2010 V sedan.

Now the car has developed the incredibly annoying habit of refusing to put the audio from outgoing or incoming calls over the speakers in the car. The hand-free still works fine - I can voice dial, answer a call, etc. But it will not play the audio through the car's speakers.

Even pulling up the audio sources on the phone, I can see it's connected, but the phone won't select the car as a source. It just kicks it right back to "iPhone". Incoming calls appear on the nav for a split second, but as soon as you click "Accept" it rings for an instant and then the car kicks it to the phone.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any suggestions?

khoeysr
08-18-11, 12:06 PM
I also have an Iphone 4 used in my 11 coupe and occasionally I dial a call and the number appears in the DIC but I don't hear it connecting or ringing, and about 15 seconds in the system says "unable to place call using your bluetooth phone" At other times it works just fine.

TheSpungos
08-18-11, 12:17 PM
Appears we're not the only ones with this issue - I found this today:

Document ID: 2687332

#PIC5504: Intermittent Bluetooth Issues With Apple iPhone 4 - (Jul 13, 2011)

Subject: Intermittent Bluetooth Issues With Apple iPhone 4

Models: 2008-2011 All GM Passenger Car and Light Duty Trucks with RPO (UPF or UWE)

The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.

Condition/Concern:

A customer my report of intermittent Bluetooth issues with their Apple iPhone 4.

Recommendation/Instructions:

An issue with intermittent Bluetooth disconnects between the iPhone 4 and some GM vehicles has been identified. You may experience no audio in the vehicle for incoming and outgoing calls. When this occurs the Bluetooth system will say "Unable to place call on your Bluetooth phone". GM and Apple engineering groups are currently working on a resolution. The PI and GM Bluetooth website will be updated as soon as more information becomes available.

Please follow the diagnostic or repair process thoroughly and complete each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be performed.

sapugh
08-18-11, 01:55 PM
I was having this problem is well. I started using iOS5 Beta 5 (the latest beta) and it works perfectly now.

2011 CTS-V Coupe, Black Diamond Edition

Rock1
08-18-11, 02:03 PM
I had no problems till today and my phone is up to date. Dropped every call that came in, then when I switch to the phone directly it would switch then go back to blutooth so I had sound coming out of both the speakers and my phone and then it would drop....

M5eater
08-18-11, 02:10 PM
Mine isn't simply the blue-tooth issue. I Have to try multiple times of disconnecting and re-connecting the Dongle before it'll play via the USB/ jack port.

GTPprix
08-18-11, 02:26 PM
I was having this problem is well. I started using iOS5 Beta 5 (the latest beta) and it works perfectly now.

2011 CTS-V Coupe, Black Diamond Edition

Correct, Beta 5 fixes the issue lets just hope its not messed up in Beta 6 LOL!

JOEYCTS-V
08-18-11, 02:50 PM
Where do we get this Beta 5 update? Itunes says my phone is up to date and I'm running software version 4.3.5.

sapugh
08-18-11, 05:03 PM
there are hazards to using the Beta, Need to update itunes and some stuff just does not work. also there is no going back once you start on the iOS path. If you really want to try it send me a private message with your UDID and I will send you the links. You have to be an Apple developer to have access. Click on your serial number in itunes summary to get the UDID