: Is there a Video demo of GPS

Chuckj5
08-17-11, 11:28 PM
I am having a very difficult time following the manual to operate the GPS. The logic and interface is not compatible with my thought processes.

Is there a video anywhere that demonstrates using the GPS.

I have a 2008 STS.

Relate27
08-18-11, 03:52 PM
This is what I found , it should give you an idea of how to work it..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXh8Oa5Sk6Y

EChas3
08-18-11, 10:04 PM
The learning curve may be a bit steep but I'm happy enough with mine. It is nice that my wife and I both have the same system so it's a lot easier to help her use it.

What trouble are you having?

Chuckj5
08-18-11, 10:41 PM
I live in a rural area. The 2010 disk does not recognize my address.
Problem1.I set home by position of the automobile. That part is done correctly. I did get it to work once but I don't know the sequence I used.
If I am lost, I turn on the system - where do I go from there?
Problem 2. I get to an address I entered and added as a Personal position point. How do I change the name to the business name rather than the address.
If I can get two little problems resolved, I should be able to do most other function I will need. I used the manual but what the manual says to do is not on the screen.
I'm sure that eventually it will become second nature. I used a Garmin for years so that is probably causing some of my consternation.

tomm
08-25-11, 02:10 PM
This is what I found , it should give you an idea of how to work it..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXh8Oa5Sk6Y

And how does this link help the poster?

Relate27
08-25-11, 02:57 PM
And how does this link help the poster?

That is a valid question and I was going to reply with a very snarky answer to your question. However I decided to watch the video I posted first, I'm glad I did because I actually posted the wrong video. The video that I was going to link actually showed how to work the navigation which is what I thought the OP wanted. It doesn't really answer his GPS questions but this video does show how to work the navigation which hopefully will help him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_m5nSxsWV6k

ddgm
08-26-11, 11:35 AM
Although this shows how to work a Nav, it is not the Nav of our STSs. It looks like the Nav of an Escalade. Granted some of the steps are similar
but the menu layout and buttons are very different than the STS Nav. The OP just has to persevere, I didn't really try until my Garmin went dead
and I did get it to work but I miss the Text to Speech.

Doug

Chuckj5
08-27-11, 01:20 AM
I watched both videos. The only solution seems to be spend lots of hours in the drivers seat in the driveway and try to interpet the manual.
The GPS logic is convoluted, the manual is really, really bad. Between the two, it extends the learning curve. Maybe the engineers should look at Chryslers system to see how user friendly a system can be.
Driving the car compensates for the GPS, love the car!!

Chuckj5
08-27-11, 01:30 AM
I watched both videos. The only solution seems to be spend lots of hours in the drivers seat in the driveway and try to interpet the manual.
The GPS logic is convoluted, the manual is really, really bad. Between the two, it extends the learning curve. Maybe the engineers should look at Chryslers system to see how user friendly a system can be.
Driving the car compensates for the GPS, love the car!!

EChas3
08-27-11, 01:37 AM
I don't think it's all that hard to get the basics. Some of the higher function menus are a bit tricky to find.