: Foggy headlight: Time to act

caddyfat2
08-17-11, 05:08 PM
I think it's time to bite the bullet and have my left front headlight composite repaired. After a rainy Florida summer my headlight looks like a discarded perculator glass top. It even has some water sitting in the bottom of the light and everyday it trys to evaporate but it only turns into steam an fogs up the housing but doesn't dry up, (The Florida sun is no joke.) Does anyone know how much the dealer charges to reseal the composite. I just replaced both headlights 2 years ago with 2 brand new factory fresh ones to the tune of $1300 each because they were letting in moisture and now DEJA VOUS all over again.:hmm:

malatu
08-17-11, 06:22 PM
That blows. I just replaced a headlight assmebly. I bought it from Chris (Rippy). I got it at a substantial discount compared to the price my local Cadillac dealer wanted to charge me. A friend an I replaced (paid hourly wage) it in less than an hour without removing any wheels or completely removing the front bumper. Total cost ... less than $525

caddyfat2
08-18-11, 10:31 PM
Sweet, I think I will pay somewhere near that figure just to have mines resealed by the dealer. I will price it this week.

caddyfat2
08-18-11, 10:46 PM
Sweet, I think I will pay somewhere near that figure just to have mines resealed by the dealer. I will price it this week.

BaTu
08-19-11, 09:42 AM
The time to act is when you first see moisture on the inside of the lens.

Then, you pull it, dry it, & reseal it! Save yourself $500 ;)

caddyfat2
08-19-11, 02:52 PM
I think my car is starting to fall apart at 70019 miles. Today my drivers door would not open unless I use my key. You can hear all the other doors unlock when I grab the door handle but the drivers door just won't unlock. Even if I open other doors the drivers one still needs the key to open. Well now I need a LF headlight a drivers door transmitter and when I put it into or take it out of gear I hear a clinking sound under the shifter and the shift knob has a little play in it. I do have an extended warranty so now it's time for a trip to the dealer for sure.