Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1987 Brougham: What is this part and also TV cable question

2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  csbuckn 
#1 ·
First up...what is this?

Second...my car has not been experiencing the "kick down" lately...was thinking maybe my TV cable needed adjusting so I adjusted it by pushing in the adjusting tab, slide the slider all the way back and then rotate the throttle lever to WOT. nothing happened...the slider on the TV cable adjuster stayed put right up against the adjuster. Is that normal or do you think I need to replace?

I've checked for binding but seems to be free.

Thanks as always :)

See less See more
#5 ·
I believe the secondairies only open under load so you wont get them open by free revving the engine. The cable should slide out when you hit the lever, it may stick a little so you can squeeze the release tab a little to relieve some pressure but don't squeeze too hard where it comes out easy.

#8 ·
Since my car has the wire harness, I once thought about actually installing a Cruise Control on my car, but after considering that the time it takes to type in the name of any given part I would still need on Ebay is probably longer than the total time I would use the cruise control for.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.