: Vagon at RimPro, Tewksbury, MA...

thebigjimsho
08-17-11, 11:29 AM
I saw a black Vagon at RimPro in Tewksbury, MA. It's too bad that I was having my V's wheel fixed next door at Ace Automotive and thus had my Town Car. Anywho, it looked sharp. Had no CTS badge, though. Insecure?

JOEYCTS-V
08-17-11, 12:17 PM
No CTS badge here either. :cool:

thebigjimsho
08-17-11, 01:07 PM
But it is a CTS. You bought the entry level Cadillac. Stop hiding...

JOEYCTS-V
08-17-11, 01:33 PM
I bought a "V", not a CTS. ;)

The Tony Show
08-17-11, 01:46 PM
A CTS-V, to be specific. Cadillac doesn't make a car called a V.

thebigjimsho
08-17-11, 01:48 PM
A CTS-V, to be specific. Cadillac doesn't make a car called a V.The d00d's name ain't JOEY-V. lulz.

thebigjimsho
08-17-11, 01:52 PM
Yeah, imagine a Bimmer M owner. Yeah, I wanted a small, good handling car, so I bought an M. But then I wanted more space for the kids so I bought an M. But I missed the look of a coupe so I got a larger, convertible M. But I had twins and I needed space so I got the M. But it looked too SUV-like so I got the sportier looking one, the M. Hey, I wonder if they're going to make that small one an M. I'd love to toss it around the track.

The Tony Show
08-17-11, 01:55 PM
^ lulz.

Lord Cadillac
08-17-11, 02:02 PM
Just out of curiosity... Why did you remove the CTS badge? Did you leave the V-Series badge on? Either way, it's yours to do what you want with...

No CTS badge here either. :cool:

JOEYCTS-V
08-17-11, 02:25 PM
Are you guys serious? I know I'm not the only one to do this. I just think it looks cleaner without an emblem on both sides of the trunk. I'm not a big fan of emblems so I left the most important one there. :)

Lord Cadillac
08-17-11, 02:27 PM
Would you mind posting a picture? I've never seen one without the badge...

Are you guys serious? I know I'm not the only one to do this. I just think it looks cleaner without an emblem on both sides of the trunk. I'm not a big fan of emblems so I left the most important one there. :)

thebigjimsho
08-17-11, 02:47 PM
Are you guys serious? I know I'm not the only one to do this. I just think it looks cleaner without an emblem on both sides of the trunk. I'm not a big fan of emblems so I left the most important one there. :)I don't mind debadging at all. I just laugh at those who are so insecure they refuse to acknowledge that they bought a CTS...

thebigjimsho
08-17-11, 02:48 PM
If you just wanted to leave the V on there to show people what's up, that's cool...

JOEYCTS-V
08-17-11, 02:59 PM
That's pretty much sums it up Jim. I'll put up a pic later on tonight when I get home if I have time.

Lord Cadillac
08-17-11, 03:35 PM
Cool. I suppose some people coming out of, maybe, an M5 or E63 AMG may feel a little weird about getting into a "Cadillac" CTS-V. But I don't see anyone really being embarrassed about it. It IS a "V-Series" so it's not cheap. And the 09+ is faster than the BMW or Mercedes. I think most people who take the "CTS" badge off simply don't like the way it looks.

OldRoadDawg
08-17-11, 03:49 PM
I've never seen one without the badge...

Now you have...

And the V emblem is on the 'correct' side - where Cadillac first put them for all models in the V Series,
and, IMO, should have kept them in that location:stirpot:

JOEYCTS-V
08-17-11, 03:53 PM
I disagree. I like the V emblem on the right side. Both my V1 an V2 had it on the "right" side.

Lord Cadillac
08-17-11, 03:55 PM
To each his own. The picture looks good...

OldRoadDawg
08-17-11, 04:54 PM
I disagree. I like the V emblem on the right side. Both my V1 an V2 had it on the "right" side.
Then you or someone else put it there. The left side is the correct and originally installed side for all CTS-V1s, XLR-Vs and STS-Vs, as well as '09 CTS-V2s.
We're talkin' tradition here. :p

David Nicholas
08-17-11, 08:19 PM
How do you get this stuff off without damaging the paint? I don't like any of it CTS, V, or otherwise...

JOEYCTS-V
08-17-11, 09:55 PM
Dental floss, then use a cleaner if there is residue left behind. I removed mine the same day I picked up the car so it came right off when I pulled on it.

e6t
08-18-11, 12:39 AM
I took the CTS emblem off mine because I thought it looked cheap... Oh and because I have a tiny penis.

Then again, I debadge everything.