: Should I consider another DeVille?

Night Wolf
10-22-04, 10:53 PM
Well, when my NorthStar is rebuilt, I need to pick a car...

I first was going to either get a '94+ Seville STS or Eldorado ETC... but as of late crossed off the Seville and am set on the ETC... I just really like every part of it...

... being that I have an L37 engine, and perfer the Touring versions, I do not want a base or luxury model...

...but i have been thinking.. if I can get a good deal on a '94+ Concours.... I may go for it... but on the same note... I would own THREE DeVille's.... and 4 cars with a bench seat, colum shift and simple dash... I also wanted a car a little more sporty looking that also drives more sporty...

I know the DeVille will have a better ride and more room thent he Seville/Eldo, and since it is more heavy, and not as low gearing, it'll be a little slower...

... Just wanted to get everyones opinion... if I should consider the DeVille....again... or get the Eldo ETC... I will be looking for the car most likly next year... probably Summer/Fall ish... I am hoping to spend about $2k, which should get me a car in great shape, nice interrior, not damaged, but with a blown engine (head gasket problem of the '94/'95) I am most likley going to be moving to Florida next year also, so I may just take the completle engine with me and find a nice car down there....

Adam
10-23-04, 12:40 AM
hmmm, wouldnt hurt to get an ETC, three Devilles i dont think id do that. yeah, go with the ETC. drive it a little harder than the Devilles and clown on some honda boys with more ease and not have to worry about the small possibility of being beat. small possibility.

Ralph
10-23-04, 02:50 AM
If I had a say I kinda wish my Dad had bought the new Eldorado back in 1991, because that's what I would be driving today then. This car is almost too much class for me, and I don't need all that enormous back seat room. Go for a sporty 2 door (you're young, live a little ;) ) they are nice and light, go for the ETC. :)

majax
10-23-04, 03:06 AM
three letters dude...ETC

Night Wolf
10-23-04, 02:13 PM
yeah, I agree... the DeVille's are nice... but I need something different....

I really like the Polo green, but I can't be too picky... great body, nice interrior, no damage or accidnets... and a blown enigne... that it what my search is... if I have the option of exterrior and interrior colors... even better...

Stoneage_Caddy
10-27-04, 04:11 PM
why get a cadillac ? you got that engine ,lets do something fun with it !

I say geta yugo and a 4t80e tranny and make all three work together

or do what i would do if i had the money space and time , 88 fiero GT ,northstar powered with a nice paxton feeding it

PhantomCadillac
10-27-04, 04:52 PM
Follow this link and see what you can do with a Northstar http://www.racingstrong.com/toystar/

Stoneage_Caddy
10-27-04, 07:12 PM
yah that thing is bad arse , i think we have like 3 threads here devoted to that car just because its so badass

Night Wolf
10-31-04, 10:46 AM
I was thinking about doing a cool swap.... but IMO it would be far too much time and money to do it... man, I would love an '88 Fiero T with a NorthStar... I drove my fathers '88 Formula a few times... really neat car...

hoenstly, I don't think I am getting another Caddy next time i get a car... I am moving to Florida, and I really want a pickup... depending on when I get it and how much I have, I either want a '99+ Silverado Z71 or if I wait a few years after college, a 2003+ Ram with the Hemi.... both extended cab (no 4 doors) and short bed...

.... becuase of this, I may be putting the N* on hold, I will keep it, but i may not build it up.... I can't see spending almost $1k on an engine I will not have a use for.... althugh I would like to get it together, and maybe in a coupld years I find a good deal on the ETC, I can do it...

if the NorthStar wasn't so hard to swap though... maybe that could be looked into.... Fieros with blown engines are going for cheap too....

majax
10-31-04, 01:40 PM
put it in the '93 and sell the 4.9. ;)

Night Wolf
10-31-04, 08:23 PM
heh, thought about that, and wayyyyyyyy too much work involved...

...plus I love my 4.9 :)

majax
10-31-04, 11:54 PM
I got it, get a Allante'!