: When you Came to the Forum Did you come for Help or did you Come to Make friends ?

ThumperPup
08-16-11, 09:25 PM
Just Curious to see how many in the Forums here Came for Help with a Issue or came to support a Community and Make friends

I know that when i came i first came for help to find and get opinions on witch Cadillac to get i was originally looking at a 99 Deville
but Some here Convinced me at the time it was not the best idea to go with a 99 Northstar they said id be getting a better car with the 2000 up N
so then i started looking at Sevilles
So i guess i came for help but not help with a car problem

how about you how did you find out about CadillacOwners.Com and did you come here for help or just to hang out

ga_etc
08-16-11, 11:39 PM
I came here looking for information. I learned more about the car than I ever expected, and have met some great people in the process.

orconn
08-16-11, 11:49 PM
^^^ Ditto!

gdwriter
08-17-11, 12:39 AM
^^^ Double that. I've made some fantastic friends here, some of whom I may never meet in person, although I've met several.

I've even managed to help a couple people with issues similar to ones I've dealt with. Considering I'm about as good a mechanic as Elmer Fudd is a hunter, that's pretty amazing.

cwcaddy
08-17-11, 05:50 AM
I'd have to say both I found the forum searching for problems with my deville after I purchased it . Then found some things I could help answer so I signed up figured it could be a two way street. Now I don't know how many friends I've made on here because it seems every time I post a response to someone ? I get your giving bad info . But that's only from some people not all don't know but that's my story thanks

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=39.794871,-76.958976

M5eater
08-17-11, 08:14 AM
Came here for the community and discussion really, you can't learn all the neat easter eggs or vendor product information, or small DIY's without being apart of a forum. It's also a big enough forum that GM has a presence here, so there's that too. It's not the 'biggest' I've been apart of, but it's not the smallest either. it's Just right to be honest. Once you eyeball half a million users and 10million post counts, things get cluttered, mods get ban happy and heartless, and rules get super strict.

Submariner409
08-17-11, 09:00 AM
Neither answer applies. Back in 2004 I was looking at 2002.5 and 2003 STS, so I asked a neighbor Cadillac Tech if there were any decent online sites with info. He recommended CF; I studied, found a car, bought all the manuals, took the car up to Charlie's, put it on a lift and superficially took it apart and put it back together for knowledge. Been a gearhead since I rebuilt my first mantle clock at 6 years old. Started driving on the farm at 12 and have done my share of both car and motorcycle racing. CF is fun, and it's great to be able to gain and pass on a bit of experience. Cadillac owners knowledge in here ranges from slim/none to the guy who fusses over the metal formula for piston rings. Most online "friends" are invisible except for the few who attend meets and rallys - totally different from local, personal friends, but in both "friend" worlds there are those you like to associate with, those you aren't so sure about, and those you wish would crawl under a rock.............and they all probably feel roughly the same about you.

vincentm
08-17-11, 09:40 AM
I came here looking for information. I learned more about the car than I ever expected, and have met some great people in the process.

This

brandondeleo
08-17-11, 01:41 PM
I came here looking for information. I learned more about the car than I ever expected, and have met some great people in the process.Exactly this. This should be a poll option.

Destroyer
08-17-11, 01:50 PM
I came when I purchased my '87 Fleetwood Brougham. Just looking for a home with others that shared my affinity of Cadillacs. :)

ThumperPup
08-17-11, 02:42 PM
Exactly this. This should be a poll option.

it does not look like poll options can be edited i would add it but i think ones you create a poll you are stuck with those option and no other options can be added

but to the MOd's if this is possible can you add that to the poll ?

Submariner409
08-17-11, 05:46 PM
it does not look like poll options can be edited i would add it but i think ones you create a poll you are stuck with those option and no other options can be added but to the MOd's if this is possible can you add that to the poll ?

Hey, T P, How about another option in addition to Brandon's: "None of the above". That way a responder would have 4 choices, and could answer like the old multiple choice exam guess - whatever quarter hour the minute hand of your watch is in, that's the answer: 1,2,3,4.

ThumperPup
08-17-11, 06:09 PM
Hey, T P, How about another option in addition to Brandon's: "None of the above". That way a responder would have 4 choices, and could answer like the old multiple choice exam guess - whatever quarter hour the minute hand of your watch is in, that's the answer: 1,2,3,4.

hey i had a good plan for those tests multiple choise if had 4 options i would just go down in a row first would be a second would be b 3rd was c and 4th was b then i start all over again i always got altast half right so hey it works ok for me LMAO

posting this for STSS this is just a joke im not stupid enough to do this man

but then again my humore and me being sarcastic can be miss read at times

slk230mb
08-17-11, 07:24 PM
Came for help, stayed for Jesda's posts.

Jesda
08-17-11, 08:56 PM
I joined in 2003 but I didn't own a Cadillac until 2007. Wes was a moderator here and I knew him from NICOClub. He drove a Q45 like I did but his grandparents had a black Fleetwood Brougham, so I found this forum through him. I didn't even own a Caddy when I went to my first big meet in Iowa.

So, I found this place because of friends and then made more friends, and then started buying Cadillacs.

GM, I think you owe Sal a bottle of wine.

maeng9981
08-17-11, 11:12 PM

THIS! and see where that got me. 2 years ago I never expected me to do a HG work on a Northstar. Back then my knowledge about Cadillacs was very slim. Sometimes I find my old threads and laugh...

Destroyer
08-18-11, 01:02 AM
GM, I think you owe Sal a bottle of wine.Hell yes they do. If it wasn't for this forum I probably would never think of ever owning another Cadillac. It is this forum that keeps me interested in the make. :cool2:

OffThaHorseCEO
08-18-11, 10:44 AM
I came when I purchased my '87 Fleetwood Brougham. Just looking for a home with others that shared my affinity of Cadillacs. :)

thats funny, i did when i bought my allante too
http://img.chan4chan.com/img/2009-03-08/1236526347461.jpg

OffThaHorseCEO
08-18-11, 10:44 AM
i actually joined because i was considering a Deville. stayed for the lounge and knowledge

STSS
08-18-11, 02:36 PM
hey i had a good plan for those tests multiple choise if had 4 options i would just go down in a row first would be a second would be b 3rd was c and 4th was b then i start all over again i always got altast half right so hey it works ok for me LMAO

I thought it was the lazy teachers that made you not get learn'd right?

OffThaHorseCEO
08-18-11, 02:47 PM
i used to ace those scantron tests. i was a whiz kid in school so i didnt just randomly fill in stuff, i knew what i was doing.

oddly enough i noticed lots of times where there was a pattern like thumperpup said

it wasnt always the same pattern but i think it was a subconscious thing the teachers did. this was not the state tests,but the ones teachers used to give on leftover scan sheets. theyd punch holes in the right answers on a "master scan sheet" then hold it over your test and could easily tell which answers were wrong.

if i ever didnt know the answer id try to find the pattern and got it right most of the time. (more than the guaranteed 20% chance on a,b,c,d,e questions)

ThumperPup
08-18-11, 03:47 PM
I thought it was the lazy teachers that made you not get learn'd right?

gees i guess when i am joking it have to say oh im joking

im not that dumb i don't go pick and circle on multiple choice geez thats for lazy ..ckers that do that

Sevillian273
08-18-11, 04:45 PM
I lurked around here for nearly a year after I got my Seville. I finally joined as a last resort trying to solve my cam sensor code problem. Within a week I was given a trouble-tree (scanned from the FSM which I did not own yet) to follow.

I put up with hesitation and stumbling for 11 months when all I had to do was swallow my pride and ask for help!