: Warranty And Mods

Driftwood420
08-16-11, 09:25 PM
So I made the first payment to USAA Monday trying to get the title back. I got to hold it for 2 days.... So now that I have made a payment it is time to start playing with it. I love to drive this car the way it is but I did not buy it to leave alone. Just got CAGS off ebay to put in this week end. I think for me the next thing to do would be start working to fix wheel hop. My "problem" is my car is all but new. 8,500 miles and CPO warranty for 2 more years. Common sense tells me to leave internals (and well everything) alone but my need to slide this thing side ways says get rid of the wheel hop. Should I feel out my local dealers(there are at least 3 in driving range) for an enthusiast? Do the mod and never look back?

In addition I am considering the following for mods in the next few months.
UCC Shifter with the fixins
Muffler delete , this just sounds like s cheap no brainier till I can go Corsa, Kooks etc.
K&N Drop in.
Need a Spare!

The techie in me really wants a V1

Thanks for any input.

Stepside
08-16-11, 10:53 PM
Some dealers are OK with certain mods; some are not.

Legally the dealer needs to prove that the 'mod' created 'the problem' before the warranty can be voided.
According to the Magnuson-Moss Act of 1975.

Choose your dealer wisely, as lawyer cost more than the fix.

CTSV_510
08-16-11, 11:35 PM
:yeah:

The best thing to do is probably post your location and see if there is anyone local that can give you input on experience with local dealerships.

Driftwood420
08-17-11, 11:33 AM
CTSV that is a great idea.
Anybody in the Atlanta area have any input on our local dealer service center.
Hennessy?
Sandy Springs?
Morrow?
Marietta?

What I am looking for is an understanding service center that is no going to say my short shifter caused the fly wheel to crack. Or my muffler delete could have caused the exhaust header to start leaking.
Thanks

GDPossehl
08-18-11, 02:48 PM
Having personally dealt with the entire staff of Hennessy Land Rover North Point and Hennessy Porsche on a regular basis I would suggest Hennessy dealerships to anyone. I can't directly speak for Hennessy Cadillac as I've never dealt with them, but if they're anything like the other two I wouldn't think twice.

For the wheel hop and warranty issues, I'd say get the g force econo axle, peel the stickers off and I dont think a tech would really know the difference nor care.