: Holy Crap, My Grille Looks Awesome....

DopeStar 156
10-22-04, 10:08 PM
Back from the body shop and she looks great! I think I might send the guy a card. Pics tomorrow!

RBraczyk
10-22-04, 10:35 PM
Good for you, glad your happy :).

barge master
10-24-04, 09:31 AM
...and Dope and his Caddy lived happily ever after. :thumbsup:

DopeStar 156
10-24-04, 05:16 PM
LOL! Yeah, I've got pics but I left my camera cable at school. You just have to see it. I'll post them tonight when I get back to school.

Insomniac
10-24-04, 06:39 PM
well damnet, hurry up! lol.

ocjmakaveli
10-24-04, 07:28 PM
yeah i want to see it too just wondering can you tell us whether its your stock grille or a newer one?

DopeStar 156
10-25-04, 02:16 AM
These are the new pics of my Caddy after repairs made on the grille and the front clip from the deer incident.
http://www.cadillacforums.com/photopost/data/506/6136caddyfront1.JPG http://www.cadillacforums.com/photopost/data/506/6136caddygrille1.JPG http://www.cadillacforums.com/photopost/data/506/6136caddygrille2.JPG http://www.cadillacforums.com/photopost/data/506/6136caddygrille3.JPG
The parts are all brand new from Cadillac

barge master
10-25-04, 05:40 AM
Nothing looks as nice as new parts out of the box. Paint looks good too,Dope. I guess the whole deer thing turned out to be a blessing in diguise. Maybe you'll get lucky and get a big rock through the windshield next.... :eek: sorry I couldn't resist. :hide:

RBraczyk
10-25-04, 07:31 AM
Whoever did that did one hell of a job. Much unlike the job that was done on my truck about 5 years ago when my dad rear ended a pickup. Retards sprayed the front of the bumper and forgot the backside, so now you can see primer. Gonna get a new one soon.

DopeStar 156
10-25-04, 11:49 AM
Yeah he's a good guy. He's fixed cars for my family for years now and he always does a great job. I think he's one who really appreciates the car so he took pride in his work. I'm happy, but I now drive reaaaaaaaaaaaally slow on backroads. LOL!

JAKE91
10-25-04, 01:02 PM
I Put A Couple Pics In My Rotating Screen Saver. :)

DopeStar 156
10-25-04, 02:25 PM
I Put A Couple Pics In My Rotating Screen Saver. :)
Haha cool, which ones?

JAKE91
10-25-04, 03:17 PM
THE 2 ON THE RIGHT.

I LIKED THE ANGLES. THAT GRILLE IS SOMEWHAT SIMILAR TO THE '79. :bouncy:

evilrussian
10-25-04, 04:09 PM
Now you gotta change your avatar to a current picture with a new grille :thumbsup:

brougham
10-25-04, 04:41 PM
Other then the black paint wearing off around Cadillac my grille looks nice like that too :)

DopeStar 156
10-25-04, 06:06 PM
Now you gotta change your avatar to a current picture with a new grille :thumbsup:Done and done!

Night Wolf
10-25-04, 09:45 PM
wow, it is nice... shiney....

but... if it was me... the $1,700 cost would be killing me :)

but, you are very happy with it... that is all that matters....

have any pics of it after the accident?

DopeStar 156
10-25-04, 10:09 PM
have any pics of it after the accident?
Unfortunately I don't. I was busy that weekend and didn't really have time to grab a camera and snap one. I go to school an hour away from my house and my Fleetwood stays home for two weeks until I return again. I have got to say this arrangement is preserving my mileage beautifully and my fuel economy is glorious! I buy a tank of gas monthly! :lildevil: MONTHLY!!! I have to be getting the best mileage of ANYONE on this forum!

Night Wolf
10-25-04, 10:26 PM
nope, my '79 gets about $20 in gas... if that... a month...

:D

over the summer i drove it alot... now I don't... plus I have this stupid millage thing... 2k/year.... when I turn 18 July 1st... Hagerty here I come... unlimited millage baby :)

when I hit the lotto... or save up about $60, I'll fill the tank and cruise for the whole day... as a last stand off before winter... poor 425 has only been doing short go into town trips... or to school and back (10min each way)... gotta open her up a little :)

Spock
10-26-04, 06:36 AM
How much you drive a car and what kind of mileage you get are different things.
The 307 is supposed to give us 20mpg. My cadillac is in the garage taped up and ready to be painted once the humidity drops, so it gets the best fuel economy! :bonkers:

That grille is very "sexyful" I must say! It's grinning at all the others cars with its nice smile. :coolgleam

DopeStar 156
10-26-04, 10:12 AM
nope, my '79 gets about $20 in gas... if that... a month...

:D

over the summer i drove it alot... now I don't... plus I have this stupid millage thing... 2k/year.... when I turn 18 July 1st... Hagerty here I come... unlimited millage baby :)

when I hit the lotto... or save up about $60, I'll fill the tank and cruise for the whole day... as a last stand off before winter... poor 425 has only been doing short go into town trips... or to school and back (10min each way)... gotta open her up a little :)
Haha well I stand corrected. But still, the preservation of my car is glorious. Looks like she'll be around longer than expected!

How much you drive a car and what kind of mileage you get are different things.
The 307 is supposed to give us 20mpg. My cadillac is in the garage taped up and ready to be painted once the humidity drops, so it gets the best fuel economy! :bonkers:

That grille is very "sexyful" I must say! It's grinning at all the others cars with its nice smile. :coolgleam
Once again, corrected, but thanks!

Next up on the list, plugs, and oil/lube. Next time I get home the plugs definately gotta be done. With a tune up, what are the proceedures done to the car? I know the plugs are replaced but is there more? I've never done one and never had one done to any of my cars before.