: aftermarket remote/key fob

PrelateBishop
08-16-11, 06:16 PM
To some this might seem petty, but to me it makes a difference. How is it that a Cadillac costing $50K+ new comes with key fobs made of the cheapest feeling plastic? I dropped mine the other day from pants pocket height and it not only cracked, buy a rather large chunk of plastic broke off as well. My buddy just bought a Kia and his remote is nicer than mine!

That being said, I've searched a bit and not had much success. Do they make aftermarket remotes that are made from metal? I was thinking that a fob made of stainless steel or aluminum would be nice.

Thanks in advance.

CancerJCC
08-16-11, 06:35 PM
To some this might seem petty, but to me it makes a difference. How is it that a Cadillac costing $50K+ new comes with key fobs made of the cheapest feeling plastic? I dropped mine the other day from pants pocket height and it not only cracked, buy a rather large chunk of plastic broke off as well. My buddy just bought a Kia and his remote is nicer than mine!

That being said, I've searched a bit and not had much success. Do they make aftermarket remotes that are made from metal? I was thinking that a fob made of stainless steel or aluminum would be nice.

Thanks in advance.

In for results. When I had my Z I had a custom "switch blade" fob similar to some Volkswagen's. I would love something cool for the V.

Dan_Gurney
08-16-11, 11:54 PM
Can't say i have used it, but i see there are systems you can add that give you keyless start, and keyless/fobless door unlock as well... might be a little different then you are looking for though
http://advancedkeys.com/

PrelateBishop
08-17-11, 04:47 PM
Can't say i have used it, but i see there are systems you can add that give you keyless start, and keyless/fobless door unlock as well... might be a little different then you are looking for though
http://advancedkeys.com/

Hmmm...that's interesting. I cannot say that particular product is something I would want, but certainly an option for someone wanting something different.

Anyone else got something?

kj362006
08-17-11, 05:04 PM
Lame compared to a real key but you can buy rubber covers that fit the factory keyfob almost perfectly for a bout 10 bucks.