: blower turning off by itself

davidhoe
08-16-11, 10:48 AM
Guys when I have the ac on the blower will turn off and on by its self. It is not in auto just set to 60*. just see if anybody has had this issue.

TechSavvy
08-16-11, 02:20 PM
I am currently having a blower issue too. My blower stopped working for 1 day and then worked again for 3 weeks and now hasn't worked for a week.
I can adjust the fan speed up and down on the climate controls and the front blower does nothing, although the back blower speed changes.
I don't know if it's a resistor issue, a control module issue or the blower itself. Any help on how to troubleshoot this would be appreciated.
I would guess yours could be a connection issue of some sort on one of the things I mentioned, then again so could mine I guess.

davidhoe
08-16-11, 06:20 PM
Yes sir same issue here

scott johnson
08-16-11, 06:43 PM
same exact thing here. it might work for a week or a few hrs. i hope that there is an easy answer.

Dave DiGabriele
08-17-11, 06:07 PM
I had the same problem and it turned out to be the blower motor (#20828731 184.24). Two 7mm bolts hold the cover in place (passenger side under the dash) then turn the motor counter clockwise to drop it down disconnect the electric and install the new one in reverse. You can buy a cheep replacment but it will not come with the fan and it is very difficult to remove.

Cadillac Cust Svc
08-17-11, 06:09 PM
Have any of you had your vehicles checked out by your dealers? It should be a quick job to diagnose the issue as long as it happens while the vehicle is being scrutinized. I hope this helps some of you. If you require additional assistance just let me know.

Jeff Morris, Cadillac Customer Service

Jonoz
08-29-11, 07:54 PM
Have had the same issue. On Wednesday of last week, I got charged for a new blower - $560, which did not not fix it. On thursday, I got charged $820
for a new compressor, which did not fix it. Today, I got charged $450 for a new control head which did not fix it. Still in the garage.

MrHolland
08-29-11, 09:51 PM
WOW!!!!!!! So the dealer is "throwing" parts at it and charging you large sums of money????

Big Windy Ext
08-30-11, 08:46 AM
I could "fix it"very easily and make a ton using that business model. Of course return business would be slim.

davidhoe
09-20-11, 07:30 PM
I found that the plug on the blower motor was melted on my, replaced the blower and soldered the wires ( they wanted $50 for just the plug at the dealership). I should have check this when it first started to do it, Glad it didn't catch on fire.

hannity
09-24-11, 01:54 AM
Have had the same issue. On Wednesday of last week, I got charged for a new blower - $560, which did not not fix it. On thursday, I got charged $820
for a new compressor, which did not fix it. Today, I got charged $450 for a new control head which did not fix it. Still in the garage.
Wow, that sucks. It happened to me once. It did not turn on when I turned on the AC. I was cursing up a storm in traffic. I got to my destination and when I was leaving started my truck turned on the AC and it came on. That is the only issue I ever had with it. It has been working ever since. *Fingers Crossed* I hope you get yours fixed, sorry to hear about the funds you had to kick out and it still is not repaired.

Neal Binkley
11-04-11, 10:05 PM
I just bought a blower motor control module but that didn't fix it. Should have tested for power first, since there is none to it. Trying to figure out if it's a relay. I have checked the fuses.