: Electrical noise static when phone is charigna nd playing at same time

ThumperPup
08-15-11, 08:49 PM
Ok so i have been trying to research and find out if there is anything i can do or get so that when i have my phone charging and plugged into the radio at the same time i don't get static noise
so far all i have come up with is something called a Ferrite Donut
i guess it clips onto the headphone or aux cable and it keeps static or draws out the noise from static
does anyone have experience with this or if this is not what i need what would i need ?

thanks

MacMuse
08-15-11, 10:55 PM
Yes, they help. Not 100%, but definitely an improvement.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2103222

I looped the audio portion of the cable through twice since the hole was much larger than the cable.

ThumperPup
08-15-11, 11:24 PM
ok cool thanks im heading out to radio shake tomorrow

vincentm
08-16-11, 09:31 AM
Plugged into an auxiliary jack on your stereo? And plugged into an ac charger is when the interference occurs?

Could be electromagnetic interference, static in the air, or the magnets in the stereo's speakers causing it, try moving as far from the stereo while doing so and take note of any reduction

ThumperPup
08-16-11, 11:56 AM
Plugged into an auxiliary jack on your stereo? And plugged into an ac charger is when the interference occurs?

Could be electromagnetic interference, static in the air, or the magnets in the stereo's speakers causing it, try moving as far from the stereo while doing so and take note of any reduction

it was plugged into the harness for the navi unit
it was far from the stero

iv decided im going to try a fm transmitter again but just got 2 tried one and best buy and then one from micro center thismornig and they both seem to suck

Night Wolf
08-16-11, 06:22 PM
Other than the ferrite choke, you can also get a wired in-line noise filter. I saw them for $10 at Advance Auto, other places have them too.