: RUNNING ON 4 cylinders HELP ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOOB STS owner
08-15-11, 09:48 PM
hi im running on 4 cylinders i have done the pull test first unplugging both whole coil packs then unplugging one coil pack and unplugging single coils on each bank at a time from the sounds of it im running on 2-4-5-7 i have replaced the MAP sensor i have replaced all plugs i have replaced the TPS sensor i have filled the car with 91 octane i have ran fuel system cleaner i have replaced the fuel filter i have checked the air filter i have topped off coolant i have lubed up the spark plug boots with brake lubricant as told to do by a licensed mechanic i know for a fact that plugs 1 and 3 have arched out and caused damage to the old plugs i have ordered new boots and i have ordered a new K&N air filter any help will be much appreciated

i had 7 error codes to start with and am down to 2 they are p0300 multiple cylinder miss fire it does not give an end number or i would know the cylinders and it would not be random i did plug pull test and came up with 1-3 -6 -8 are my miss fires 3 and 8 are iffy tho the other code i was told is not important by the mechanic

i will updated tomorrow after i change the oil oil filter air filter and spark plug boots

also the relays/fuses that run my sunroof trunk gas cap my power locks DO NOT work my windows are UNAFFECTED

NOOB STS owner
08-15-11, 10:00 PM
o ya forgot background information i paid 2K for the car it has 200k kilometers or 124k miles i have no idea what the guy before has had done to the car but its not burning dex cool and the oil looks somewhat new ... guy was running normaly engine oil im more of a royal purple guy he also had 3 different kinds of spark plugs .... 4 were original AC delcos from the factory 1 was a champion ... (normally a dodge Chrysler spark) and 3 were NGK .... dont htink the guy knew what he was really doing car ran with the plugs none of the plugs were to long to hit the pistons they were all shorter then the AC delcos that were in it ... i fixed it with putting all matching NGK platinum plugs in it could this have put the engine into the 4 cylinder limp home mode ? when the engine runs it runs smooth at anyhting ofer 1500 rpm and idles rough mostly cause half the engine is on stand by ...

chazglenn3
08-15-11, 10:16 PM
Judging from the fact that you mention the gas cap doesn't work, I am going to assume that this is a FWD Seville STS and not a RWD STS...wrong forum. Post this in the Eldorado/Seville forum further down. Good luck!

NOOB STS owner
08-15-11, 10:22 PM
thankyou thread is moved
SORRY NEW TO THIS :)

NOOB STS owner
08-15-11, 10:23 PM
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-seville-cadillac-eldorado-forum/237638-running-4-cylinders-help.html#post2683991 is the link to the right one im sure the mod will move this