: Need Help ASAP

FR3SH2D3F
10-22-04, 07:19 PM
I need someone to help me with a problem. I have a 99' Escalade 4WD with remote start. My problem is that about 3 days ago I tried to start it, and it would turn over but would just die instantaneously. So I left it (at home). Tried again the next day and it started right up, well then I parked it tried to start it again and the same thing happened. These are the solutions I've tried; jumping, adding more fuel, adding coolant to the coolant tank(was low). Please does snyone else have any other ideas please help me out. Thanx in advance

slimm44
10-22-04, 08:25 PM
its possible that the starter might be on its last leg.

hcvone
10-23-04, 09:06 AM
Welcome to the Forum :) It could be several things, starter as said above, wire working it's way loose from the remote starter setup.......

99 SKALAID
10-23-04, 11:20 AM
if it is starting then dieing out immediately sounds like your brake light switch is faulty.

If the alarm is hooked up the correct way, the truck will start and when someone presses on the brake pedal before the key is inserted then it will die, might be your problem

:welcome:

outofdablue
10-23-04, 12:39 PM
I had the same problem with my 00 Escalade. Give me a call @ (215)796-1040. Its too long to write so I will explain it to you over the phone.

Steve

TRASHAULER
10-23-04, 01:06 PM
your cad has GM passlock security which is bypassed ONLY during the remote start (if installed correctly). What passlock is-- is a resister that gets powered up when you turn the key or press the starter the resistance may be a little off and not let the car start. (it shuts off the fuel pump right after it starts) Letting the car sit with the key turned to the on position for 15 min will reset the computer & normally let it start. If your able, unhook the remote starter for a few days to narrow the problem down.

good luck :welcome:

fast66
10-23-04, 02:12 PM
Try getting your alarm removed and then test it for a while.

FR3SH2D3F
10-24-04, 04:13 PM
Thanx to everyone that had a suggestion. I have found the problem, it was as trashauler described it, the whole passlock thing. Now the 'Lac is running again. Thanx everyone

notinblue
10-24-04, 11:46 PM
your cad has GM passlock security which is bypassed ONLY during the remote start (if installed correctly). What passlock is-- is a resister that gets powered up when you turn the key or press the starter the resistance may be a little off and not let the car start. (it shuts off the fuel pump right after it starts) Letting the car sit with the key turned to the on position for 15 min will reset the computer & normally let it start. If your able, unhook the remote starter for a few days to narrow the problem down.

good luck :welcome:
Good job Trash, its great advise like these that make it a pleasure to be a member :D

T_Dogg8
10-25-04, 09:11 AM
you're exactly right

and welcome FR3SH2D3F

TRASHAULER
10-25-04, 12:44 PM
GLad to help!!!!

Jeff