: What is Cadillac announcing at Pebble Beach Concours D'Elegance?

OffThaHorseCEO
08-15-11, 05:29 PM
From Cadillacs facebook page:

We’re headed to the west coast for the Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pebble-Beach-Concours-dElegance/217031470120). Pebble Beach is famous for big announcements and while we can’t give away too much information we can say that you’ll want to stay tuned for some big news from Cadillac.

I wonder what it is...

ATS?
XTS?
New concept? Maybe an Ultra Lux flagship?

brandondeleo
08-15-11, 05:30 PM
...at the Pebble Beach Concours? That's more Ultra Lux Flagship territory, in my opinion. Hopefully at least.

vincentm
08-15-11, 05:47 PM
Bring back the FWB!

drewsdeville
08-15-11, 05:51 PM
Not sure what it is, but everyone here will cry about it whenever it's discovered. :lildevil:

orconn
08-15-11, 06:06 PM
The only thing suitable for announcement at Pebble Beach would be the that the Sixteen will go into limited production!

Jesda
08-15-11, 06:12 PM
It'll be the successor to:
http://www.cadillacbicycles.com/images/b_am27_l.jpg

OffThaHorseCEO
08-15-11, 06:20 PM
ha good one jesda

ThumperPup
08-15-11, 06:25 PM
The only thing suitable for announcement at Pebble Beach would be the that the Sixteen will go into limited production!

:yeah:

i was talking to this guy yesterday at the cadillac cook off i was upset they didn't have a xts there to show off he said look at the auto show next year im like i have not looked at an auto show in years last time i did they disapointed me by not putting out the Sixteen lol
he said yeah i know they screwed the pooch on that proto type lol

ThumperPup
08-15-11, 06:26 PM
It'll be the successor to:
http://www.cadillacbicycles.com/images/b_am27_l.jpg

atleast they put disc brakes on that damm eye sore lol

77CDV
08-15-11, 11:51 PM
Pebble Beach, CA--GM announced today that its Cadillac Division will join Duesenberg, Pierce Arrow, Peerless, and Packard among the late, great marques in that giant car salon in the sky. "We just don't know what to do with Cadillac," said Dan Akerson, GM CEO. "After we came up with the XTS, we decided we were really better at building Buicks than Cadillacs, so that's what we're going to do. Frankly, GM just doesn't know how to do a luxury car anymore, and really we haven't for over 30 years." The surprise announcement leave GM with just two car divisions, Chevrolet and Buick. "Our goal is to be the most mainstream, bland automaker in the world," said Akerson. "When people think of GM cars, we want them to think "decidedly average". In fact, we want them to have difficulty remembering what they even look like. We believe with this announcement we're well on our way to that goal."

ThumperPup
08-16-11, 12:21 AM
WTF are they serious so is this real are they saying there won't be anymore cadillac ? or are they saying they just are not going to work on getting them any new models ?

Pebble Beach, CA--GM announced today that its Cadillac Division will join Duesenberg, Pierce Arrow, Peerless, and Packard among the late, great marques in that giant car salon in the sky. "We just don't know what to do with Cadillac," said Dan Akerson, GM CEO. "After we came up with the XTS, we decided we were really better at building Buicks than Cadillacs, so that's what we're going to do. Frankly, GM just doesn't know how to do a luxury car anymore, and really we haven't for over 30 years." The surprise announcement leave GM with just two car divisions, Chevrolet and Buick. "Our goal is to be the most mainstream, bland automaker in the world," said Akerson. "When people think of GM cars, we want them to think "decidedly average". In fact, we want them to have difficulty remembering what they even look like. We believe with this announcement we're well on our way to that goal."

gary88
08-16-11, 12:50 AM
Yep Cadillac is gone, sell your car while you can still get $$$ for it.

Aron9000
08-16-11, 12:55 AM
WTF are they serious so is this real are they saying there won't be anymore cadillac ? or are they saying they just are not going to work on getting them any new models ?

Yes, that announcement came straight from GM. They are totally cereal about this guys.

ThumperPup
08-16-11, 12:56 AM
deleted

ThumperPup
08-16-11, 12:57 AM
deleted

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-16-11, 01:00 AM

Straight from the horses.......mouth! :)

ThumperPup
08-16-11, 01:03 AM
deleted

ryannel2003
08-16-11, 01:03 AM
Is this guy serious? It's called sarcasm, damn. Cadillac isn't going anywhere.

Aron9000
08-16-11, 01:08 AM
Is this guy serious? It's called sarcasm, damn. Cadillac isn't going anywhere.

http://thumbnails.hulu.com/8/251/21304_512x288_manicured__9sPzTl-I9ECiRNPBX4Q53Q.jpg

I really wanted to run with this a little more man!!

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-16-11, 01:10 AM
Cadillac is using the Pebble Beach Concours D'Elegance to unveil the Concours & D'Elegance models of the new upcoming XTS!!

ryannel2003
08-16-11, 01:11 AM
Haha sorry I was just in such disbelief I wasn't sure if he was joking... the bad thing is I really don't think he was.

Jesda
08-16-11, 02:28 AM
Super serial guys
http://blogs.effinfunny.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/algorefat.jpg

orconn
08-16-11, 02:34 AM
^^^ His hair colorist has let him down, so has his personal trainer!

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-16-11, 10:21 PM
But the all-you-can-eat-buffet has not!

brandondeleo
08-16-11, 10:50 PM
But the all-you-can-eat-buffet has not!Touche!

77CDV
08-17-11, 02:40 AM
Nice to know I haven't lost my writing touch. Maybe I'll go to work for The Onion if I get tired of my day job. :)

Destroyer
08-18-11, 11:19 PM
From Cadillacs facebook page:

I wonder what it is...

ATS?
XTS?
New concept? Maybe an Ultra Lux flagship?Maybe they will come clean and tell us just how much they have sucked over the last several decades? :)

OffThaHorseCEO
08-19-11, 01:44 AM
nut busted officially

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/299879_10150347042079923_95690769922_9897111_36312 96_n.jpg

WWWWWAAAANNNNTTTT

Cadillac unveiled the Ciel concept, an elegant, open-air, grand-touring car inspired by the beauty of the California coast. The Ciel is a modern interpretation of the large, expressive luxury that is innate to Cadillac. Combining authentic craftsmanship with futuristic details like a twin-turbocharged hybrid power plant and next generation connectivity, it is an ultimate expression of The New Standard of the World.

brandondeleo
08-19-11, 04:41 AM
^^OMFG WANT WANT :drool:

2005CTS-V
08-19-11, 01:03 PM
I love it!

Destroyer
08-19-11, 10:43 PM
nut busted officially

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/299879_10150347042079923_95690769922_9897111_36312 96_n.jpg

WWWWWAAAANNNNTTTT

Cadillac unveiled the Ciel concept, an elegant, open-air, grand-touring car inspired by the beauty of the California coast. The Ciel is a modern interpretation of the large, expressive luxury that is innate to Cadillac. Combining authentic craftsmanship with futuristic details like a twin-turbocharged hybrid power plant and next generation connectivity, it is an ultimate expression of The New Standard of the World.This is what a real Cadillac should be!!!!!!. Damn sexy!!!

Destroyer
08-19-11, 10:50 PM
Hell no! This car has classic good looks. It's a virtual time warp both past, present and future. If they build it will be the sexiest car of all time (possibly). :)

77CDV
08-19-11, 10:59 PM
Now that looks like a car (at long last!). Fit it with an 8 and all will be well with the world.

cadillac kevin
08-19-11, 11:08 PM
its like a brougham- but 100x nicer and in convertible form.
put an 8 in it and ditch the hybrid stuff and it will be the coolest cadillac made in forever.

ThumperPup
08-19-11, 11:16 PM
just looks like somethhgn str8 out of a Time travel movie to me not sure i think the thing i don't like the most about it is how the back part of it humps around each passanger int he back seat makes it look like the head rest or rear body area is liek the bat mobeal or something

Destroyer
08-19-11, 11:21 PM
just looks like somethhgn str8 out of a Time travel movie to me not sure i think the thing i don't like the most about it is how the back part of it humps around each passanger int he back seat makes it look like the head rest or rear body area is liek the bat mobeal or somethingThe original batmobile was cool as is this car. It takes a sense of taste to like this car. Some people dont have it.

ThumperPup
08-19-11, 11:46 PM
The original batmobile was cool as is this car. It takes a sense of taste to like this car. Some people dont have it.

yeah it must take some real special taste to like that car

OffThaHorseCEO
08-20-11, 12:45 AM
Now that looks like a car (at long last!). Fit it with an 8 and all will be well with the world.

its a twin turbo 6. makes good power but a car that looks like that needs a V8 growl