: How many miles/kms on a factory order when it arrives at the dealer?

farleywilbur
08-15-11, 01:50 PM
Can anyone tell me how much milage should be on a new V when it is shipped to the dealer? I am very anal about not taking delivery of a new vehicle that has been "test driven" or hammered by a Tech during the PDI. Has anyone asked to be there to ride along during any PDI drives?

Thanks,

Gary Wells
08-15-11, 02:19 PM
Although not ordered for me, I found my '09 CTS-V on the showroom floor of Rennick Cadillac in Fullerton CA with 3 miles on the odometer. Anything above 10 miles or so on a new CTS-V, I would want to see or hear some very good reasoning behind any extra milage. I would pass if I was suspicious.

Torxila
08-15-11, 02:35 PM
You're ordering the car, right? Just simply tell the dealer you don't want it driven (Or unless you're there) PERIOD! Should NOT be an issue here.

BTW mine had 3.4 miles on it. (ordered car)

George

ps if you're anal (Like me) ask for the broadcast (build) sheets. Mine were on the pass front seat when it came off the truck. I scooped them right up. I was waiting at the dealer when they unloaded it.
G

smackdownCTSV
08-15-11, 02:41 PM
My buddy got one brand new and it had 7 miles on it. So anything over 10 miles I'd hope they didn't go WOT or glaze the brakes.

Caddy Wagon
08-15-11, 10:53 PM
Mine had about 3 miles on it when I took delivery.

BeagleBrains
08-16-11, 10:31 AM
My 2011 CTS V Coupe was delivered to me at the dealership with six (6) miles on the odometer.
I am happy with this. The more remarkable and beautiful car I have ever owned.

Cadillac Tony
08-16-11, 11:18 AM
I'm surprised how many dealers out there are ignoring the proper PDI process.

Most cars arrive with between 3 and 10 miles on the odometer from being moved in and out of holding areas and on and off trucks. Once they arrive and the fluids are checked, the selling dealer should take that car for a 5-10 mile test drive to verify proper operation of all features and lack of noises from the sunroof, engine, transmission, interior trim and also ensure no check engine or warning lights appear on the dash.

A car with less than 10 miles on the odometer hasn't been properly inspected. I've seen several angry threads on here about people driving home from the dealer in their new car and having a light come on for rear diff temperature or stability control, and both of those problems could have been avoided if their dealer had taken a short inspection drive in the car before putting it on the lot (or delivering it to you).

I know you guys are all worried about your car getting beat on, but quite honestly most dealers have seen and driven so many Vs that it's just another car to us at this point. I'm sure back in 2009 when the V was this new and exciting thing everyone wanted to try out that some techs out there "gave it the beans" during an inspection drive, but nowadays they just go about inspecting it like every other car that rolls through.

I'd much rather deliver a car to my customers with 15 miles on the clock and know that it's tip top versus doing nothing but washing it and crossing my fingers as they drive off that nothing got missed at the factory.

farleywilbur
08-16-11, 01:10 PM
Good point Tony. My dealer has just confirmed that I will be allowed to be in the car during the PDI drive which will be interesting both to talk to the Tech about his impressions of the car from a service and reliability standpoint but also to ensure it doesn't get beaten.

GM-4-LIFE
08-16-11, 01:31 PM
My V Coupe was special ordered and had 8 miles on it when I took delivery of it.

The tech that did the PDI test drove it for a couple miles. I wouldn't be worried. The car was meant to me driven hard and I doubt dealer PDI techs are going to beat on new cars. To us, the car is really special, but to them, it's just a job to PDI the car. They do it so many times, that there isn't any real novelty to it anymore.