: 2012 SRX - Paint Colors

RAB
08-15-11, 01:43 PM
According to the GM Online Order Guide.. the available paint colors on the 2012 SRX [as at mid-August 2011] are:

Radiant Silver Metallic (code GAN)
Gold Mist Metallic (code GAO)
Black Ice Metallic (code GAR) *extra charge color*
Black Raven (code GBA)
Crystal Red Tintcoat (code GBE) *extra charge color*
Mocha Steel Metallic (code GHA)
Xenon Blue Metallic (code GTS) *new color*

Color deletions on the 2012 SRX include Platinum Ice Tricoat (code GBR) and Gray Flannel Metallic (code GBV). There's speculation these colors (or new versions of them) will be available within the next 1-3 months when pigment (xirallic) supplies are restored.

In recent mini-reviews of the 2012 SRX, a couple of online automotive sites show the 2012 SRX in a color that appears (in photos) to be a medium gray metallic with subtle elements of blue tint. Three of the pics are included below. I like this color on the SRX. Does anyone have any info about it? Is this the new color 'Xenon Blue Metallic'?

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg195/RAB_2008/original_2012-SRX-Perf-Collect001_jp.jpg

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg195/RAB_2008/57683400.jpg

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg195/RAB_2008/original_2012-SRX-Perf-Collect066_jp.jpg

Marc NY
08-15-11, 02:00 PM
I haven't seen the color chips but ... Yes I believe that is the new blue color.

RAB
08-15-11, 02:09 PM
I haven't seen the color chips but ... Yes I believe that is the new blue color.

Interesting! :hmm: If that's the case.. I'm looking forward to seeing the new color in person.
For me it will be a decision between that new color and Platinum Ice (when Platinum Ice or its replacement becomes available later on).

cz9h3d
08-17-11, 08:28 PM
If that's an actual 2012 SRX that the journalists drove a few weeks ago, I can guarantee you that it's Radiant Silver. Xenon Blue is much much darker. About halfway between the Caribbean and the dark blue that was on SRX.

Note that Platinum Ice is being added back.

RAB
08-17-11, 09:47 PM
Okay, so that's not the new Xenon Blue color we were sort of theorizing about. This has become a bit of mystery.

The 2012 SRX Performance Collection depicted in the photos above was not among the group of vehicles journalists drove a few weeks ago (July 26th timeframe). Rather, the 3 photos above were taken earlier, on July 7, 2011. The shade of silver (it's more like gray actually) looks too dark to be Radiant Silver. Maybe it's a yet-to-be-released medium gray color that's under consideration. I've attached another photo of the same 2012 vehicle below, shot also on July 7th.

It's good to hear Platinum Ice is being added back. cz9h3d, you sound like a person who has the inside track on this sort of thing. Kudos.

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg195/RAB_2008/original_2012-SRX-Perf-Collect037_jp.jpg

TheCaptain
08-18-11, 11:21 AM
This colour is really nice, but i'm glad its not Xenon Blue! :D

classiccars
08-18-11, 02:03 PM
I'm also interested in what the "Xenon Blue" color looks like. Can anyone post a photo or two of this color? I heard it was closer to the 2011 color "Imperial Blue". Which is a dark blue.
The other question is when will it be available? I don't think you can get or order that color yet.
I'm sick of looking at Black, Silver ,Mocha, and sometimes Goldmist.

jjjleblanc
08-18-11, 10:25 PM
Cadillac has used Xenon Blue in the past. I searched using the phrase "Cadillac Xenon Blue" and a bunch of XLR pictures were returned. Maybe this is it if history repeats itself.

jjjleblanc
08-19-11, 10:43 PM
Platinum Ice appears in the order guides effective the week of August 22.

larry3828
09-15-11, 05:08 PM
I'm a new member and I have a 2010 in Carribean Blue. My question is why did they drop that color? Everybody I know thought that was the best color they'd seen on a vehicle in quite awhile. I'm always getting compliments on it whenever I can pry it out of my wife's hands.

Ponyman
09-15-11, 05:24 PM
I can give you a guess. Either a problem with the pigment supplier, or more likely, not enough orders for it to be worthwhile to gear up to acxtually paint that color at the factory. Certainly not like the old days when you could virtually order any color you wanted for a small fee.

iampinkandorange
12-20-11, 03:13 PM
I have the 2012 Xenon Blue Metallic. It's different than the new blue on the Chevy's which is listed as the imperial blue, I assume that is the same as the one on the previous year models.

The Xenon Blue is a deeper blue, but really bright. I can only describe it as being Jewel like. It looks like a deep navy a times, and then really bright. It stands out day or night.

This is my car! 84117

Jonkarn
12-20-11, 08:07 PM
And mine...
Love the way it looks at night, has a slight deep glow to it. Agreed, nice to see a color other than the usual black(a black caddy reminds me of high end executive car service in manhattan), and grays.

TheCaptain
12-20-11, 11:33 PM
Iampinkandorange, the Xenon Blue is a different colour from Imperial Blue (which was offered on SRX- and currently still is), but is the same as Blue Topaz Metallic which can be found on some Chevrolet models.

It's a beautiful colour though! :D

Marc NY
12-21-11, 07:26 AM
Iampinkandorange, the Xenon Blue is a different colour from Imperial Blue (which was offered on SRX- and currently still is), but is the same as Blue Topaz Metallic which can be found on some Chevrolet models.

It's a beautiful colour though! :DPerhaps we should call all you blue guys the "Blues Brothers" http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd198/MarcNY/Animation/smilielol.gif

TheCaptain
12-21-11, 08:12 PM
lol You're just jealous! :p

Marc NY
12-22-11, 07:20 AM
Perhaps we should call all you blue guys the "Blues Brothers" http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd198/MarcNY/Animation/smilielol.gif

lol You're just jealous! :pHmmm you are probably right Captain! :)

After working at GM for 2 years I finally treated myself to my very first brand new car and it was blue. A 1973 454 4-speed Corvette.

Yep that is me at 23 with lots more hair and no greys and you gotta love those oversized 70's glasses too! LOL :D

GO BLUE! :banana:

*Image removed per user request*

TheCaptain
12-22-11, 10:31 AM
Nice car Marc! Do you still have it?

Marc NY
12-22-11, 11:49 AM
Nice car Marc! Do you still have it?Nope... I sold it because I ordered a newer Vette that had Air Conditioning ... :bang2:

Greg Franklin
12-22-11, 02:36 PM
The color obviously changes with the light. I think that is the Mocha; looks just like ours!

----------

That is "Mocha"; looks just like ours(and changes with the light angle).

newlee
12-22-11, 03:40 PM
(code GBR) and Gray Flannel Metallic (code GBV).
Is still available. Just got ours 8 days ago.
Ordered it in that color.

Ponyman
12-22-11, 05:09 PM
Most of the deleted colors are now available again, either due to the japanese factories coming back online, or other sources supplying the pigment.

b4z
12-29-11, 09:30 PM
I think some of you may be thinking about opulent blue.

TheCaptain
12-29-11, 10:31 PM
I see that listed in the CTS paint choices, is it the same as Xenon Blue for the SRX?

foster729
01-04-12, 09:51 AM
Newbie here (and first post)- I just got my Xenon Blue SRX on 23 December and am loving it. The blue isn't horribly bright, but is unique enough to get some compliments. I love it!! (I will have to post a picture when I can.)