: VIN number question

2008STS owner
08-15-11, 08:47 AM
Good morning all, i am looking at buying a used 2008 STS appears to be in great shape sticker says on window says moon roof ( does not have one) says front wheel drive ( i could not lay on the ground to check it was pouring) I tried checking the VIN number online and the CarLine series letters do not show up on the GM VIN number tag idenitifer The two digits are DZ any idea out there? I dont want to sound to interested to the dealer so I want to have the facts before I go back which is a long distance from me.
Thanks
Lee

Tourist
08-15-11, 10:40 AM
First a 2008 STS could be bought only as either rear wheel drive (RWD) or all wheel drive (AWD); they were not made in front wheel drive.

As far as the VIN number, you can look it up at: http://www.compnine.com/vid.php. It is free, and I have not found any 2008 models not in the data base. You may want to verify the VIN number you have.

Some dealers are clueless. I have seen ads advertizing a car as dark gray, while the VIN identifies it as light silver, and the picture shows light silver. Go figure.

z06bigbird
08-17-11, 01:32 AM
Dealer/seller might present you with incorrect vin. That way, you see a perfect Carfax. Oh, did we give you the wrong vin #???!!! Don't worry about it. Car is in perfect shape.

Besides, we provide a 30/30 warranty. (Fine print says 30 seconds or 30 feet, whichever comes first.)