Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Smells like exhaust in antifreeze again............... ?

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  MoistCabbage 
#1 ·
Purchased the 00' Eldo with blown HG's and the ever popular 741 and 1860 codes in transmission along with a persistent 480 code. No low speed cooling fans, back in February

Fast forward to right now. After 3 weeks in my coworkers garage and ripping out the N* and trans doing all the work and putting it back together using new everything after completely draining all vital fluids and using new i was doing its 500 mile oil change and checking all vitals of the Eldo. I popped the tank cap and caught a big whiff of exhaust yet again.........

it has not overheated. The fans come on now when they have to. haven't beaten it. Block was good and so where the heads.

Only been on the road for less than 2 weeks since completed so I am baffled a little why it smells like exhaust again.

Only thing I can come to a sane conclusion is that the we might have goofed on the TQ specs for the heads.

Any Thoughts?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.