: Northstar DeVille Burnout?!?

brandondeleo
08-14-11, 05:14 AM
Okay. Understand this: I am not an idiot, and I am not trying this. Lol. Anyway, look at this! How the hell did this guy manage this! He must have butchered the transmission or cut up his traction control system... Good burnout, though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2PiBTaoeHI&playnext=1&list=PLDC3A4FC5AF9AB682

brandondeleo
08-14-11, 05:27 AM
Even though the moron spelled Concours wrong... Such underrated cars.

Stingroo
08-14-11, 07:00 AM
Pretty sure you pull the ABS fuse and away you go.

brandondeleo
08-14-11, 07:01 AM
Is the traction control on the ABS fuse? Even with the traction 'off', it kicks on every time i spin a little.

Rodya234
08-14-11, 07:08 AM
The ABS fuse (at least on earlier cars) controls the TC. Soak the front tires, parking brake on, and hammer the throttle. But wheel spin isn't good for the gearbox, and I wouldn't want to mess up a good 4T80e for a pissing contest.

brandondeleo
08-14-11, 07:10 AM
The other thing that makes me wonder about it is how did he do it with the parking brake on? Mine automatically comes off if you take it out of park. I don't want to do it, I'm just curious how he managed. I've never seen a FWD burnout.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-14-11, 07:39 AM
I could do some really mean burnouts in my '92, but oh wait, that was the 4.9.... :p :lildevil:

ben.gators
08-14-11, 07:44 AM
I've never seen a FWD burnout.
What about a 2003 RWD Deville?! :lildevil:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWl5UasH4Zc

brandondeleo
08-14-11, 07:47 AM
What about a 2003 RWD Deville?! :lildevil:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWl5UasH4ZcI think I might have pissed my pants. :worship:

maeng9981
08-14-11, 09:47 AM
Mine automatically comes off if you take it out of park.

Not when you keep your left foot on the parking brake pedal... :D

Maybe with the 2000+, even with factory FWD setup, but the earlier models disable 1st gear if there is traction control system fault / disabled.

That RWD converted Deville..........

brandondeleo
08-14-11, 11:07 AM
Not when you keep your left foot on the parking brake pedal... :DVery good point, sir. Lol

Submariner409
08-14-11, 11:44 AM
For the FWD drivers, go back three or four years in here, Seville, or Northstar performance and find the two ways to defeat TC without pulling fuses. One involves a brake switch circuit pushbutton bypass, the other creates a wiring harness so the PCM never "sees" front wheel speed - it uses rear wheel speed only, so front wheelspin doesn't trigger TC. Many posts and wiring diagrams - all still here.

That RWD Deville shows up in here once in a while, usually for sale. Now that you know what it's used for, you wanna buy it for the advertised $70,000 ?

RippyPartsDept
08-14-11, 12:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2lM5SdMVlc

here's another vid of that rwd 2003 deville with the chevy big block

Ranger
08-14-11, 12:13 PM
A RWD '03 Deville eh? Hmm. :hmm: It would be nice, but nah. WAY too much work.

Impressive, but one hell of a waste of rubber just for an applause.

ThumperPup
08-14-11, 12:37 PM
also doesnt the Rwd SEVILLE only drive ? i mean like all it does is turn and drive didn't they loose or sacrafice all the options and eveyrhing in it to do wha tthey did to it ?

maeng9981
08-14-11, 09:57 PM
also doesnt the Rwd SEVILLE only drive ? i mean like all it does is turn and drive didn't they loose or sacrafice all the options and eveyrhing in it to do wha tthey did to it ?

It would be nearly impossible to incorporate all the sensors and wiring in the Northstar. If possible it would be a lot of work and custom parts involved. All parts will throw codes, "SERVICE __EVERY__ SYSTEM" and won't work so you will probably have to disable everything.

But considering that it's already a hella job mounting a RWD 572.......

gdwriter
08-14-11, 10:54 PM
I turned off traction control when I autocrossed yesterday, and I spun the tires a bit out of the starting gate, but no burnout.

brandondeleo
08-15-11, 03:30 AM
Whenever I turn off TC, it squeals for half a second and TC activates itself...

Submariner409
08-15-11, 09:24 AM
Whenever I turn off TC, it squeals for half a second and TC activates itself...

Gary has a different car - after 2000 the TC button defeats the whole enchilada - we get first gear starts, chirps and squeals.:bouncy:

ThumperPup
08-15-11, 09:27 AM
Gary has a different car - after 2000 the TC button defeats the whole enchilada - we get first gear starts, chirps and squeals.:bouncy:

:yeah: i love my TC turn off button well ones in a whyll ill get it maybe every few months when no one els is around oh and my driveway is long got to love that ill back in and start up on the side of hte house put the rear end on the grass and front end on the black top say no more

brandondeleo
08-15-11, 09:38 AM
I don't know why I even have a TC OFF button. Lol. I wish mine did what yours does. :( Maybe when I'm done with my DeVille, I'll buy a '98+ STS. Hell, I think my repair costs are high now! :alchi:

ThumperPup
08-15-11, 09:43 AM

Sub are you sure its after 2000 so are you saying that its in 2001 and latter or
do mean it started in 2000
becayuse if your saying after 2000 so it started in 2001 with this option i have to differ cause i can get the squack and the squell with with tc disengaged

maeng9981
08-15-11, 09:53 AM
I don't know why I even have a TC OFF button. Lol. I wish mine did what yours does. :( Maybe when I'm done with my DeVille, I'll buy a '98+ STS. Hell, I think my repair costs are high now! :alchi:

If you were to spin tires and make some screech with your 99 Deville, it does better job just leaving the TC alone and push the pedal to the floor (keeping 1st gear). TC usually engages a bit late and you will get a fair time of tires spinning.

Sub are you sure its after 2000 so are you saying that its in 2001 and latter or
do mean it started in 2000
becayuse if your saying after 2000 so it started in 2001 with this option i have to differ cause i can get the squack and the squell with with tc disengaged

In 2000+ cars, disabling TC won't disable 1st gear. It started in 2000.

ThumperPup
08-15-11, 10:02 AM
In 2000+ cars, disabling TC won't disable 1st gear. It started in 2000.

cool thank you for clearing that up for me

Aron9000
08-16-11, 12:23 AM
So there was no TC off button on the 90's N* Cadillacs??? The one on my 95 Fleetwood is in the glovebox, and it will give you a first gear start with it off. Do it right and you'll do a one wheel peel to 50mph lol.

brandondeleo
08-16-11, 09:49 AM
Yeah, it's there in the glovebox, right next to the valet button. You push it, it says it is off in the message center, then when you screech even a tiny bit it kicks on. Lol.

ThumperPup
08-16-11, 12:53 PM
Yeah, it's there in the glovebox, right next to the valet button. You push it, it says it is off in the message center, then when you screech even a tiny bit it kicks on. Lol.

i don't get it whats the point of having a on off button for the tc if its going to kick in automaticly ?

brandondeleo
08-16-11, 12:54 PM
i don't get it whats the point of having a on off button for the tc if its going to kick in automaticly ?My point exactly. Lol

aks
08-16-11, 11:15 PM
haha wow front wheel drive burnouts in a cadillac.

Night Wolf
08-16-11, 11:24 PM
If the 90s Cadillac system is anything like that in my fathers '99 Grand Prix GTP:

Normally the TC will retard engine timing to decrease power and then apply brakes to the spinning wheel to get them to stop. When the TC is turned "off" it eliminates the brake function to the individual front wheels but it retains the engine timing retard, so engine power is drastically reduced.

I like a proper 4ch ABS system, but no thanks for TC

Stingroo
08-17-11, 09:45 AM
lol Traction control. I drive a lowly Chevrolet - no need for such nonsense.

ThumperPup
08-31-11, 12:17 PM
Hey just for the hell of it i sent a email to the company shop that did the custom work on that 2003 deville
and here is what i got back
i was just curious how much they actually spent on it the owner
and what options where they able to keep pretty surprised he said only things that where lost where well here is the email i got

Susan Tallant to me

show details 10:29 AM (1 hour ago)

Cost on the project was about $70k --- alot of engineering and fabrication to get it switched from front wheel drive to rear wheel drive, etc.

Only features lost were anti lock brakes and air bags --- other than that, the factory computer which controlled AC, gauges, etc was wired into the 572 so everything else functioned the same way it had when the car was still stock.

Every project is different... we bill based on time and materials... labor is $50 per man hour.

Thanks for checking out the Cadi !

Dan & Susan Tallant
Tallant's Auto / Hot Rod Shop

Stingroo
08-31-11, 04:02 PM
With something a little less ridiculous, like say, a built LSx, that'd actually be a REALLY sweet car for about $90k.

Expensive? Sure. Unique? You damn well bet.

ThumperPup
08-31-11, 04:45 PM
With something a little less ridiculous, like say, a built LSx, that'd actually be a REALLY sweet car for about $90k.

Expensive? Sure. Unique? You damn well bet.

after hearing that price im afread to ask how much it would cost to do it now with that being years ago prices are even higher now i bet
im like if i had 70k sitting around i relly can't say i wouldnt do it just for the hell of it lol

and airbags hell you can do without airbags
i always wanted to just yank te airbags out and put tv-s where they are lol

ben.gators
08-31-11, 05:37 PM
and airbags hell you can do without airbags
i always wanted to just yank te airbags out and put tv-s where they are lol

Hell yes, you don't need airbags until you involve in an accident...
:duck:

ThumperPup
08-31-11, 05:39 PM
Hell yes, you don't need airbags until you involve in an accident...
:duck:

not ones has an airbag ever helped me and also not ones has a seat belt ever helped me
last time i had an accident i was rear ended air bags went off burned my wrist hands where still on the wheel at the time

seat belt dislocated my shoulder
and almost broke my neck

Aron9000
08-31-11, 05:41 PM
not ones has an airbag ever helped me and also not ones has a seat belt ever helped me
last time i had an accident i was rear ended air bags went off burned my wrist hands where still on the wheel at the time

seat belt dislocated my shoulder
and almost broke my neck

You'd probably have been dead or gravely injured if you weren't wearing your belt. Possibly ejected from the car.

ThumperPup
08-31-11, 05:47 PM
You'd probably have been dead or gravely injured if you weren't wearing your belt. Possibly ejected from the car.

nope not a chance not the way that acident ones

and even if so i have a do not reses order so id be happy to be gone lol

Destroyer
08-31-11, 06:34 PM
Hey just for the hell of it i sent a email to the company shop that did the custom work on that 2003 deville
and here is what i got back
i was just curious how much they actually spent on it the owner
and what options where they able to keep pretty surprised he said only things that where lost where well here is the email i got

Susan Tallant to me

show details 10:29 AM (1 hour ago)

Cost on the project was about $70k --- alot of engineering and fabrication to get it switched from front wheel drive to rear wheel drive, etc.

Only features lost were anti lock brakes and air bags --- other than that, the factory computer which controlled AC, gauges, etc was wired into the 572 so everything else functioned the same way it had when the car was still stock.

Every project is different... we bill based on time and materials... labor is $50 per man hour.

Thanks for checking out the Cadi !

Dan & Susan Tallant
Tallant's Auto / Hot Rod ShopGood work Thumper. I was curious about the cost. I'm not sure whether or not I feel that is reasonable but it is the sweetest Deville of that year EVER! :)

ThumperPup
08-31-11, 06:48 PM
Good work Thumper. I was curious about the cost. I'm not sure whether or not I feel that is reasonable but it is the sweetest Deville of that year EVER! :)

yeah i was really curious to find out i emailed them like 2 as soon as this thread was started just because i was curious

i was shooting the shit with my mechanic yesterday after we did the rear shocks yes i say we because i helped out he showed me what i needed to do and i got to do some of the work that's why the labor rate was so cheap 72 dollars to remove and install 2 shocks not bad and i got to do some of the work

we where talking about this GTO the last model gto that came out some kid that had a stroke in a waiting from at the ER that could have been prevented won a case against the er and has a shit load of money now and
i mentioned to the mechanic that GTO has been up on the rack for like atlest 9 months since my caddy was in here he said yeah its been a heat of a job he said never doing that again this kid that sew the Hospital bought the GTO with his money and decided he wanted a Twin Turbo kit put in
he didn't care about time so my Mechanic said 5k plus parts ill do the job as i have time well her still hasn't finished he said never again will he take that job

but the meaning to this story is he said he would love to see a turbo charged or supper charged cadillac seville wondering how he would do it
i said its been doen he said yeah i showed him MikesSTS video i found on my mobile you tube
and i said so how much you think you would charge to do that he said for me 10k
if i had that sitting around he damn well knew id be saying yes LOL

I was going to ask him how many N's he has done all together but i forgot to i know he has doen atleast 4 or 5 stud jobs and before that he did atleast 3 a year for the last 10 years he said ones i spoke to him he said that

he has this sweet looking 1997 Concourse Deville telling you it is a beuty its like Mind all except the HG's are bad he is waiting on the mechanic lean title to come i guess because the owner of the car has not returned phone calls in like 2 years
he said ones he gets that title he will probably hook the HG up and have a caddy for him self

Destroyer
08-31-11, 06:58 PM
It's time to put a 572 Chevy in your car Thumper. Tell daddy that's what you want for Christmas. :)

ThumperPup
08-31-11, 07:09 PM
It's time to put a 572 Chevy in your car Thumper. Tell daddy that's what you want for Christmas. :)

hey get your holidays str8 im a jew its Hanukkah LMAO